We Can Do Better!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What's the consensus on human sacrifice? I have a couple of candidates if we're good with it.

Now how to find a caldera in Florida though...

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
This losing streak is on us. Us. The collective posters of the HF Sabres board. Where have we gone? What have we done?

At our best.... our very best... we are collectively capable of influencing the draft lottery to bring a generational defenseman into the organization. We influenced the trade which brought an all-star winger into town, for squat (literally). Don't we see what we can do?

We once went silent. We then traded an all-star center for a magical giraffe, two cap dumps, and a draft pick. Don't we see? Haven't we learned? We need to stop our backsliding ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything comes down to today. Either we heal as a board, or we're going to crumble. Inch by inch, post by post, until we're finished. We're in hell right now, posters. Believe me. And we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us, or we can post our way back into the light. We can post out of hell. One post at a time.

Now I can't post for you. ...... You find out HF Boards is a game of posts. So is hockey. Because in either, HF Boards or hockey, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one post half a second too late or too early, you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast, you don't quite like it. The posts we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game, every minute, every second.

On this board, we fight for that post! On this board, we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that post! We claw the keyboards with our fingernails for that post! Because we know when we add up all those posts, that's going to make the difference between f***ing winning and losing, between multi-quoting and replying. I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the poster who's willing to reply who will win that post. And I know if I'm going to have any likes anymore, it's because I'm still willing to multi-quote and reply for that post. Because that's what posting is! The six inches in front of your face!

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the poster next to you, look into their eyes. Now I think you're going to see a poster who will post with you. You're going to see a poster who will sacrifice themselves for this team because we know when it comes down to it, you're going to do the same for them. That's a board, posters. And either we heal, now, as a board, or we will die as individual posters.

That's HF Sabres board, folks. That's all it is.

Now, what are you going to do?

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Rowed this boat by myself, boys. Grab a paddle. Might start another winning streak.
You are the sole reason for our renewed one game win streak.

Let this be a lesson to all members of HF Sabres that we too, can make a collective effort to improve our posting and subsequently rally our favorite team to march forward to victory

I am now inspired to carry on as a proud and dignified poster.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
We have ten days to improve, folks.

I ordered weights for my hands. I type muffins right now. I could increase my posting output with a stronger typing game.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm laying on my couch, hardly the energy to change the channel, after six hours of lumberjack work, clearing and cutting the last 7 of 19 downed trees from an ice storm 4 weeks ago (thankfully my last weekend of work...I'm done).

Everything hurts, yet here I am digging deep to find the energy to post. I expect the same from my fellow HFers.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Time is running out for the Sabres to purchase tickets to post in this thread. We can do better posters will get first dibs on tickets for the playoff thread. The Sabres need to act now or they'll have to wait in line for years like everyone else to post in the playoff thread.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I want to be upbeat. I want to sit in my seats with my grandchildren before they have families themselves and maybe move away. But right now watching these games just drains the life blood out of me. I am overly and stupidly invested in rooting for this team and all I am getting is the ROR disease. I know all the excuses--and have bought into some of them--but bottom line is all these guys--managers, coaches, players are getting paid money most of us can only dream of earning. So f*** with the excuses--earn the damn money!

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
We Can Do Better????????

Can We??????

Because I'm Not Seeing It????????

I'm Going To Go Out On Limb And Say No, We Cannot Do Better!!!!!!!

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Most posts these days are just tirades,
About JB and unmade trades,
We all, it seems, have got a source,
(Who must remain unnamed, of course),
I’m sure that we can unload Vlad,
On some GM who’s pretty bad,
Let’s dump these clods who can’t hold sticks,
For impact guys for our top six.
We need to locate some poor slob,
Who runs a team—his full-time job,