We Can Do Better!

Member 308457

The effort in this thread is lousy. We need to confess more stuff to pay tribute!
Confession 1#
Sometimes when the Sabres play bad I want them to play even worse. I take sick pleasure in watching us trying to get back into games with Sobotka out on the ice during the end of the game. Sabres connects me to dark sides of my ego that I didn't know before. The true joy of fandom is a shared, mutual, experience and somehow that gets more intense when we are really terrible instead of just bad. The best scenario would obviously be to start winning more games and share the mutual experience of joy but since that becomes less and less likely this season I'm longing for the morbid pleasures that a 1-5 loss on home ice brings (the one goal scored by Pominville, unassisted).
One can say I lost my love for the game but found a new perversion in its place.
My father always says "What I've lost in lust for life I've gained in a deathwish" when he wants to cheer himself up.

I don't have sympathy for "our" players who seem to have loser fluid running through their veins. My sympathy is for the fans. We've been connected to a loser much longer than any of these so-called players. What have we done to deserve this? Are we bad people?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
How many of you are ready for camp? A lot of us have been critiquing Casey Mittelstadt's conditioning. With training camp approaching it's time to take a look in the mirror and evaluate our own state of readiness. Some of you still can't spell Krueger. Many of you can't even do ONE Jokiharju. You think you're getting away with it by using easy to spell nicknames for players. Once upon a time the Sabres discovered an unknown prospect whose talent was believed to rival Wayne Gretzky. When he saw the fans butchering his name and giving him the nickname Tootsie Roll he refused to come here. His name was Taro Tsujimoto.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
How many of you are ready for camp? A lot of us have been critiquing Casey Mittelstadt's conditioning. With training camp approaching it's time to take a look in the mirror and evaluate our own state of readiness. Some of you still can't spell Krueger. Many of you can't even do ONE Jokiharju. You think you're getting away with it by using easy to spell nicknames for players. Once upon a time the Sabres discovered an unknown prospect whose talent was believed to rival Wayne Gretzky. When he saw the fans butchering his name and giving him the nickname Tootsie Roll he refused to come here. His name was Taro Tsujimoto.

His name is Taro Tsujimoto. His name is Taro Tsujimoto.

I've put a lot of work in this offseason- the coaching change necessitates it. Gone are the vacuous stares, the gum jokes, the mismatched lines. Not sure what to expect so you gotta be ready for anything- been working on the vocal chords with "WTF SOBOTKA" because I figure that's a pretty safe bet, and I use Sheary and Risto for my ripping practice- "short lightweight can't defend against a cold, little Crosby leechin sucker, play some goddamn D." "Big dumb Rocky villain lookin doof can't find his man in front of the net with a map, detailed directions, and an hour head start- dude's outlets are as useful as my home's when the power goes out." I figure it's good to cover the basics, then get to the more advanced stuff as the season progresses. Scandella, for instance- his play will require some nuanced training, I need to see what he brings before my own response can be in peak form. Besides that it's remote throws, beer slams, pacing- I'm ready. Are you?

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
I did one pull up for Mittelstadt yesterday. I'm ready....
I did pull-ups for the last ~12 months, almost every day.
I stopped doing it a couple weeks ago. I guess it's Karma, and Casey took over my job to keep the universe in balance.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I WANT THIS MAN TO BE OUR NEXT COACH:
View attachment 216793

My all time childhood hockey hero along with Ronnie!!!

The only NHL player to ever give me comp tickets. Back when he was in Carolina, I bumped into him at work and instead of asking for an autograph, I asked how his father was. Bill was recovering from a heart attack. He set me up with center ice against the Rangers, 12 rows up, aka. The best seats in the house.

Reactions: sabremike

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
We really need to get some non-food metaphors for prospect development. Marinate, season, slow cook, etc. Like these kids are all just slabs of meat (That's only true for Tage :sarcasm:)! We can do better.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
We really need to get some non-food metaphors for prospect development. Marinate, season, slow cook, etc. Like these kids are all just slabs of meat (That's only true for Tage :sarcasm:)! We can do better.
How about beer? Ferment, barrel age hops? They may work. :sarcasm:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

They also make meat soft and tender.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The All Star break is a great time to visit the other team forums. See what it's like to rub shoulders with a winner. Or play the my team is worse than your team game.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think we've reached a new level. A global pandemic saves Botterill from being canned, has a negative effect on our drafting position while we end up as the first team not in a playoff spot.

Ever heard of the butterfly effect? Buffalo Sabres is the horned God of chaos. A stampede of depression and disease. We can do better!

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Bump to the thread we need, the thread we deserve.

I just memorized Krueger’s principles. Not sure what they are, but memorized them.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Passing this on for Kevyn Adams: "“I need to manage better, we need to coach better, we need to scout better, we need to develop players better and we need to practice better".

Reactions: Der Jaeger

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I'm really enthused about the effort and enthusiasm shown in this thread. All the posters really are putting the work in, and we're all confident that the results will come as we strive to be connected and together.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Everything That Could Go Wrong For The Buffalo Sabres Has Gone Wrong

Capture.JPG

:help:

:surrender

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Symptomatic for this legendary thread that his status is retired, 7 glorious games in the AHL.

No idea how we're supposed to keep the band together if we continue losing without Buffaloed's gallows humor to fall back on.

Reactions: Chainshot

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Symptomatic for this legendary thread that his status is retired, 7 glorious games in the AHL.

No idea how we're supposed to keep the band together if we continue losing without Buffaloed's gallows humor to fall back on.

When the hell did he play in the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad