Post-Game Talk: We Are The Ones (who haven't won yet) Phi 4 - NJ 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Zone starts don't have that big of an impact on shooting stats, as most shifts don't start with a faceoff. There is some impact, nut it's marginal.
But when you have zero offensive zone starts and 12 defensive zone starts, yeah, that does have an impact.

Camille the Eel

On the positive side, Hughes had a good game. Keep that line together.

The Gusev with Hall thing needs to be stuck with a bit longer, probably, but I do miss Bratt on that line. If you put Bratt with Hall and Palms than consider Goose with Zacha?

On D, liked Carick’s game. Vats took an awful penalty and made some bad turnovers. The issue of who pairs with Subban remains.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I’m glad a “national writer” who’s hockey experience consists of neighborhood street hockey is opining on systems.
Say what you want about Greg, but the more big-time writers that start to call out Hynes' shit systems the better.

Shero ain't firing his boy unless it gets really bad and he starts feeling the pressure a bit.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Defending Hynes probably not a hill you're gonna want to die on

He’ll have the team competitive this year, so I don’t really care if it’s contrary to popular opinion. The bottom line is it’s always easiest to say “the coach sucks!” when things are bad, rather than actually being patient and understanding what needs to improve. But not a whole lot of critical thinking is going on when people are emotional.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This is the first year they have a semblance of talent. And they made the playoffs in 2018 with a **** lineup, but I guess that’s getting “dummied.” Nice Chiclets reference though, makes the argument more compelling.

they caught a sugar high in the first half of that season and still nearly blew what would have been an insurmountable lead in the standings in the second half.

They got dummied that year as well and Schneider bailed them out in the first half. Honestly Florida not catching us that year is probably the worst thing to happen to the franchise

They have added to roster nearly every year and they haven’t improved. Coaching IS a problem.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Jacques Martin
Lindy Ruff
Randy Carlyle
Scott Stevens

I want experience. Lots of it. Give me defense. Give me counterattacking. Get #4 working with the D. Not this Nasreddine clown.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The character assassination is weak as **** when he cited a real, factual statistic. Lame.

Yeah, but what’s the reason for the output of the “factual statistic?” He’s claiming systems, but I would want that statement from someone who, I don’t know, understands systems?

The horrible Corsi numbers are due to horrible personnel. It’s not difficult to understand. Give him 25-30 games this year for the new talent to gel and we’ll talk. No need to jump to conclusions less than 7 days into the season.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Hughes still has some bad habits to break, like whipping the puck largely blind to the middle of the ice and other cutesy stuff that pretty much only works in juniors...but overall tonight was probably his best game. Seemed more sure of himself and was his best at creating chances.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Jacques Martin
Lindy Ruff
Randy Carlyle
Scott Stevens

I want experience. Lots of it. Give me defense. Give me counterattacking. Get #4 working with the D. Not this Nasreddine clown.

My goodness. This is a dumpster fire. Lindy Ruff? Jacques Martin? Good one, Randy. Good one.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
In his defense - he can't do it alone.

We don't have a #2 to put with him. Our defense is littered with, in my rough estimation, a couple 4's, 5's, and 6's.
If Subban looks like a #1 Dman worth $9 mil per to you , we will agree to disagree. His last GM traded him because he thought he could spend $9 mil in a more productive manner for his team.

Reactions: MauDevils

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Jacques Martin
Lindy Ruff
Randy Carlyle
Scott Stevens

id rather have a player/coach than Ruff or Martin

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Hughes still has some bad habits to break, like whipping the puck largely blind to the middle of the ice and other cutesy stuff that pretty much only works in juniors...but overall tonight was probably his best game. Seemed more sure of himself and was his best at creating chances.

What, you mean the things that Hall and Hischier and Gusev and Palmieri were doing all night? I totally agree with you - but you can look at Vats, Severson, Subban and the guys above and say the same thing. He'll learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca