Post-Game Talk: We Are The Ones (who haven't won yet) Phi 4 - NJ 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Dumpster fire game from Gusev, Hall, Hischier, Wood, Vatanen, Greene, Subban, Hayden, Carrick, and Rooney. Bratt, Coleman, Palmieri, Hughes actually controlled the game when they were on the ice. Simmonds, Zajac, Severson, Butcher were about even.

mktAbwV.png

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Hahahahaha wait until Draisaitl and Mcdavid get a load of this trash tomorrow. Ultimate Stat pad night

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
This is ridiculous.

It’s infuriating that they had 2 full practices with time for rest and video and came out with the same horeshit confusion everywhere. It’s f***ing playing pond hockey with a bunch of strangers versus a team running a cohesive NHL system.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I try not to overreact to just a few games, particularly at the beginning of the season, but this is certainly concerning. Definitely not just a matter of some bad breaks, they've been pretty thoroughly outplayed since (arguably) the first half of the Jets game. If you're Shero I don't know how much longer you can let this go on without doing something, which is most likely firing the coach.

It's a given that some time was going to be needed to gel with new players in prominent roles, but this seems far beyond that. It just looks like a bunch of guys skating around, with no one having any clue what they're supposed to be doing.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
I’d like my $150 back for NHL TV this year!

Hope they lose every game until Hynes is gone. Hope it doesn’t spiral until Hall has to be traded because we suck so bad and are out of it and he won’t sign.

ghughes20

Jul 12, 2013
I thought Hughes looked pretty good tonight, and almost nobody else. (Honorable Mention for Schneids). Nico, Hall both -2. Palms -1, Carrick -1.

Hughes should have gotten more ice time. He had less than 3 minutes in the first period.

Hayden and Wood need to sit. Bring back Zacha and Boqvist.

Still searching for chemistry everywhere in the lineup.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The Devils have 1 period where they played ok this season, a bunch of mediocre periods and a few horrible periods.

As the GM, that should be nuts unless you think you’ve assembled a crappy roster. Even bad teams play well more than this.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I knew that coaching was probably our biggest issue going into the season, but never in my biggest nightmares did I think it would be this bad. There is no rhyme or reason under John Hynes and there never has been.

I stopped posting here pretty early into last season and I’m almost certain this is going to be my last post this season until they fire the bald f***head behind the bench. But Shero’s always been one to stupidly stand by his coach no matter how awful he is, so....

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
To start to turn this around the top guys need to start performing. That’s it. I don’t care if Gordon Bombay is behind the bench implementing the Flying V, it’s a game of hockey. It’s time for Hischier and Hall to carry the offense and Subban to start playing like a 1D. The secondary guys need to follow. It’s that simple.

Reactions: JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->