Post-Game Talk: We are the ones who blew two more leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And they got bounces. The PP wasn’t really that good. They took advantage of Flyer mistakes and the 3rd goal was pure lucky bounce.

They still managed to find a way to lose. They got out shot and out chanced by a Flyer team that is mediocre on its best day.

They got saves and still managed to screw it up. It does not matter what they do right now. They are incapable of putting it together because it is a team that has deep systemic issues.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I think I'd rather watch 5 episodes of Sofia the First or Doc McStuffins or whatever my daughter wants to watch tomorrow rather than this clusterf*** of a team

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Had they won all 4 OT/SO games....they would still be on the outside looking in on the playoff picture.

That may be, but they'd at least have the hope of a season and not be staring down the barrel of a twenty-one gun firing squad.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Just watching the Avalanche/ Stars game .Grubaeur made 4 nice saves in a row to keep the game tied. Must be nice to have a NHL caliber goalie and a goalie that can make a timely save.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's amazing what a disaster this first month has been. Started with high hopes of us maybe having a team that might battle for a playoff spot, to having a 4-0 lead in the home opener with the place going wild to having Cory go out for cramps then blowing that game, winning only 2 games since then with the season essentially over and one of the "leaders" insulting the fans tonight not even a full month later.

What an absolute low point for this franchise.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You can’t blow third period leads in nearly every game you played and expect to win.

You just can’t.

And you just can't keep throwing out Tennyson and the fourth line in bad situations and expect to hold leads. Throwing out the fourth line after all our PP's is bad enough, throwing them out there on the last shift of the second period in the defensive zone was certifiably nuts and should have resulted in a goal given up there. You know in those situations the Flyers are gonna have their top line on the ice, this is hockey 101 - any of us idiots in the stands could have told the staff that one. AV was outmatching Hynes in a ROAD GAME, that's unfathomable.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And you just can't keep throwing out Tennyson and the fourth line in bad situations and expect to hold leads. Throwing out the fourth line after all our PP's is bad enough, throwing them out there on the last shift of the second period in the defensive zone was certifiably nuts. You know in those situations the Flyers are gonna have their top line on the ice. AV was outmatching Hynes in a ROAD GAME.

And they almost coughed a goal up. Blackwood has to bail them out.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Something has to be wrong with Hall . He has looked terrible this year. Is it he is not” into it “because of the poor start the team got off to or is he knee still bothering him ?
He looked like a beast in his mvp season and so far has looked slow , passive , fumbles the puck and cannot give or take a pass.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
That may be, but they'd at least have the hope of a season and not be staring down the barrel of a twenty-one gun firing squad.

Yes, but if you are going to argue that the team is unlucky being 0-4 in OT/SO, the flip side of that is going 4-0 is being very lucky.

OT/SO is a coin flip. What would be more fair is a 2-2 record which means 2 additionally point. Still behind everyone.

Bottom line it is a bad team

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yes, but if you are going to argue that the team is unlucky being 0-4 in OT/SO, the flip side of that is going 4-0 is being very lucky.

OT/SO is a coin flip. What would be more fair is a 2-2 record which means 2 additionally point. Still behind everyone.

Bottom line it is a bad team

Well really the main thing about being 0-4 in OT/SO is those games should never have even gotten to OT/SO in the first place :laugh:

Blowing two leads tonight, three leads against the Oilers, a two-goal lead against Tampa and a four-goal lead against the Jets. Win those games in regulation and you don't even need to worry about the skills competition.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
This piece of turd team has blown how many multi goal leads? That isn’t “the hand they were dealt”, it’s totally their doing. They had multiple winnable games and pissed them all away. Clown team.

Reactions: Blender

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tennyson should be waived tonight. ......He is awful.

Yet Hynes plays him and BENCHES Mirco Mueller.

Why?

Simple. John Hynes couldn't care less about defensive hockey, and has NO use for defensive defenseman.

Tennyson cant play defense at all, BUT, he CAN make transition outlet passes pretty well, and that is ALL that matters in Coach Hynes' "defensive hockey" world. It's why guys like Tennyson, Severson, etc..... get ridiculously long leashes on a Hynes coached team.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I don't think I've ever been this sad and disappointed as a devils fan during 25 years or so that I've rooted for this club. The fact that I was so excited in the pre-season only to watch results like this over and over again makes me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer. I don't even want to analyse the game except, it's too late for everything, the season is done, fire Hynes, fire Shero for not firing Hynes, and trade everyone (well maybe everyone except Hughes, Zacha, Hischier, Bratt and Vatanen). I still can't believe we are getting these kinds of results with this lineup, it's like everyone is performing at their absolute worst. Have we ever won a shootout, it's been so long that my memories of the last shootout win have faded away into oblivion, just like my as my hopes of this team ever winning anything again.. Maybe they'll sell the team and relocate and I can stop watching hockey all together..

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don't think I've ever been this sad and disappointed as a devils fan during 25 years or so that I've rooted for this club. The fact that I was so excited in the pre-season only to watch results like this over and over again makes me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer. I don't even want to analyse the game except, it's too late for everything, the season is done, fire Hynes, fire Shero for not firing Hynes, and trade everyone (well maybe everyone except Hughes, Zacha, Hischier, Bratt and Vatanen). I still can't believe we are getting these kinds of results with this lineup, it's like everyone is performing at their absolute worst. Have we ever won a shootout, it's been so long that my memories of the last shootout win have faded away into oblivion, just like my as my hopes of this team ever winning anything again.. Maybe they'll sell the team and relocate and I can stop watching hockey all together..

Fall of 2010 was worse. Same type of expectations too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad