Post-Game Talk: We are the ones who blew two more leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The team was much worse. Lemaire said he'd never seen anything like it.

I can't wait to hear what the next guy thinks about this team. Except we'll probably just get another bland personality that speaks in cliche and won't get the real dirt the way Jacques gave us when he didn't give a **** at the end. Maybe if Fitz was the coach, that's the best hope of having a tell it like it is post-mortem.

This isn't as bad as the nadir of the MacLean season YET, in spite of the comparison posted in the coaching thread...but it definitely has the potential to be worse than it by the end of this trip.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Flyers fan, coming in peace. Some comments about this game:

- Simmer looked better in this game than he did all of last year. Maybe he is finally healthy. Please treat him well.
- I've watched 4 Devils games this year, I'd say it definitely looks like you have a serious coaching issue, there's too much talent on this team for them to be this bad and to keep blowing leads.
- Hughes looks enormously talented but seems like he needs to adjust to the fact that everyone in the NHL can skate, too. Obviously it'll help when he puts on a couple pounds, too.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
giphy.webp

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Flyers fan, coming in peace. Some comments about this game:

- Simmer looked better in this game than he did all of last year. Maybe he is finally healthy. Please treat him well.
- I've watched 4 Devils games this year, I'd say it definitely looks like you have a serious coaching issue, there's too much talent on this team for them to be this bad and to keep blowing leads.
- Hughes looks enormously talented but seems like he needs to adjust to the fact that everyone in the NHL can skate, too. Obviously it'll help when he puts on a couple pounds, too.

Simmonds has definitely been one of the 3-4 best Devils this year. Of course he (like Hughes) hasn't been around long enough yet to be inflicted with the disease of suck the way just about everyone else who has been here plus Subban has been.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
MacLean team had seven points in first 13 games.

This team has eight in 11, along with fewer wins than in the first 11 in 2010-11.

We’re almost there.

10-29-2 on January 9, 2011. that a 44 point pace. 44 points. Over an entire season. Much, much worse, over a longer period of time. While I'm still hopeful, there's no question that if things turn the wrong way this season could deteriorate to what that season was. Right now though, it's not even close.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
10-29-2 on January 9, 2011. that a 44 point pace. 44 points. Over an entire season. Much, much worse, over a longer period of time. While I'm still hopeful, there's no question that if things turn the wrong way this season could deteriorate to what that season was. Right now though, it's not even close.

Probably won't need that long. If Hynes is allowed to coach the entire road trip there's at least a 50-50 chance they come home still stuck on two wins. Three is the absoulte celing I can see right now, with another OT/SO loss for good measure.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Couldn't watch the game but just caught the highlights, nice to see NHL Network embrace the blown leads thing prior to the highlight package lmao.

Looked a bit chippy, not sure what to make of the Hall celly, Blackwood looked kinda competent I guess?

The west coast trip of doom might be good for them but it would be a fantastic time to change all the locks before they get back haha.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We're on a 60 point pace right now. Definitely better than that season, but still embarrassing low compared to what the expectations were this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad