Post-Game Talk: We are the ones who blew two more leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
10-29-2 on January 9, 2011. that a 44 point pace. 44 points. Over an entire season. Much, much worse, over a longer period of time. While I'm still hopeful, there's no question that if things turn the wrong way this season could deteriorate to what that season was. Right now though, it's not even close.
Yet we got within six points of a playoff spot. We need a Lemaire like move. Bring in Boucher.

Camille the Eel

It’s true that Hall doesn’t look at all like he did two years back. Not the shootout. But In general he’s been less dangerous and creative. Not as dynamic. Not winning pucks, his hands don’t look the same; the shots are missing the net and his skating isn’t as strong; and I can’t figure out what the issue is. I don’t at all believe it’s a lack of effort.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s true that Hall doesn’t look at all like he did two years back. Not the shootout. But In general he’s been less dangerous and creative. Not as dynamic. Not winning pucks, his hands don’t look the same; the shots are missing the net and his skating isn’t as strong; and I can’t figure out what the issue is. I don’t at all believe it’s a lack of effort.

He is coming off knee surgery and lost a step.

Reactions: glenwo2

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
It's amazing what a disaster this first month has been. Started with high hopes of us maybe having a team that might battle for a playoff spot, to having a 4-0 lead in the home opener with the place going wild to having Cory go out for cramps then blowing that game, winning only 2 games since then with the season essentially over and one of the "leaders" insulting the fans tonight not even a full month later.

What an absolute low point for this franchise.

Even after the 7-2 and 4-0 stompings, I maintained patience. After the Florida game, I realized the issues were systemic.

We won’t make the playoffs this year, but I’m coming to around to what silver linings can be had for this season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Third period leads in 7 of 8 games. Won two.
The most pathetic stat is that I'm pretty sure we've had a lead in all but one of the games in which we weren't shutout.

We had the games in Philly and Boston where we were shutout and I think the Buffalo game, all the way back in the second game of the season, is the only game where we scored a goal and didn't have a lead at least once.

At least I'm pretty sure I'm correct with that stat.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The most pathetic stat is that I'm pretty sure we've had a lead in all but one of the games in which we weren't shutout.

We had the games in Philly and Boston where we were shutout and I think the Buffalo game, all the way back in the second game of the season, is the only game where we scored a goal and didn't have a lead at least once.

At least I'm pretty sure I'm correct with that stat.

Yes. We never led in our three road games once.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That and having a new voice and better performance under a new coach could boost Hall’s value

If Hall can't perform in a contract year for a coach he supposedly loves, what makes you think a new coach would get something more from him?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Hall can't perform in a contract year for a coach he supposedly loves, what makes you think a new coach would get something more from him?

The funny thing is I always assumed Hall had **** coaches in Edmonton so that's why he gravitated to Hynes, he doesn't know any better - but he had Ralph Kreuger (doing a good job with the Sabres so far), Tom Renney and Todd McLellan among others. Maybe not great but definitely professional NHL coaches, I'd take any one of these guys over Hynes in a second.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
For people saying that 2010 was worse - this is year 5!

This team has become a franchise with a loser mentality. We are the Oilers.

The problem is way deeper than this board is allowing. It’s not a one year issue.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I definitely considered the possibility that we would miss the playoffs this year, but I didn't think we'd be this putrid. This is truly pathetic.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It's wrong that i am so jaded already....

This team losing like it did in every home game minus nyr and van....

I don't even have the energy to post my frustrations about this.

Can we please ship Hynes out and ship out Hall sooner so we can get the 800 lb problem out of the room. Die-hard fans shouldn't have to sit through this kind of season.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
When your team mostly has internalized PR media, you wont get to hear the end of that Hall question...

Where is NJ.com or other places, can we hear the answer?

Props to the poster who put up that NKorea/china pic.

Fake news.

Reactions: tr83

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Lol
Guys we did “some good things”
This is the new standard.
Wowza

ah i see. you’re looking for us to go from one of the worst devils teams of all time to stanley cup champions overnight? good luck with that. doing some good things = baby steps.

if this team can turn it around, it’ll be after stringing together a few efforts like we saw last night. average goaltending, multi point game from our best player, sharp powerplay, etc. if those elements were there since game 1, our record would look a hell of a lot better.

the other option, which you seem to have fully embraced, is “waaaaahhh we only got one point instead of two waaaaahhhh we’re terrible waaaahhhh nothing matters waaaahhhhhh wowza waaaahhhh”. good luck with that! :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad