OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yeah I avoid the Strip like the plague in normal times, but its hell on earth down there right now. Im up in the NW corner of the valley so nice and easy to get out of town without having to cross through that mess.
We were out your way. We played at Paiute both Friday and Saturday. Absolutely love that course. And easy to get to...once you're on the freeway!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So I'm trying to figure out what all my car will do. (It doesn't bake cookies, sadly.) I find it very odd that it has many advanced features and yet no power open/close for the back deck lid. That part is all manual.

First world problems, I guess. I just think it's weird.

Oh, and the whole "fob but no key" thing is going to take getting used to.

And tomorrow I need to figure out the driver seat memory profiles because it keeps moving me around every time I get in and out. :laugh:
The power trunk/hatch becoming a trim upgrade or option is fairly common now. I think a lot of manufacturers realize that us stupid Americans will buy the car without certain bells and whistles so there’s no need for them to give it to us for free.

I have a power hatch, but i do not have memory seats or driver profiles. No rain sensing wipers either. I would trade any of those things for my power trunk. Whenever my lady friend drives my car she doesn’t put the seat, steering wheel, or mirrors back. Then we i go to climb in i get rejected lol and my knees smash into the steering wheel. Gotta step all the way out, sit there and hold the power seat adjuster and wait until it gets back enough where i can fit in

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I have to be there for 6:30 even though my surgery isn't until 10:30 and then I might get bumped if the surgeon has an emergency.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.
Good luck, lady. Reach out if you need anything!!!

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have to be there for 6:30 even though my surgery isn't until 10:30 and then I might get bumped if the surgeon has an emergency.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.
Sending all the very best! We will be thinking of you. 💕

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The power trunk/hatch becoming a trim upgrade or option is fairly common now. I think a lot of manufacturers realize that us stupid Americans will buy the car without certain bells and whistles so there’s no need for them to give it to us for free.

I have a power hatch, but i do not have memory seats or driver profiles. No rain sensing wipers either. I would trade any of those things for my power trunk. Whenever my lady friend drives my car she doesn’t put the seat, steering wheel, or mirrors back. Then we i go to climb in i get rejected lol and my knees smash into the steering wheel. Gotta step all the way out, sit there and hold the power seat adjuster and wait until it gets back enough where i can fit in
I'll trade you my seat profiles for the power trunk!!!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
My 2019 civic has none of the fancy hoo-ha's but that's kinda why I bought it. I wanted a manual transmission and the basic bare bones civic with only 16k miles on it and i like it just for being a 6 speed. I wish it had the old school E-brake as on mine it's just a button, can picture that malfunctioning somewhere down the line. I do like how the seats are just the old lever action ones.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
After Pumpkin burned up, we got a new-to-us Nissan Murano. It has a lot of the bells and whistles, including the power lift gate and the memory seats. Which is nice, because I would always have to adjust the seat back before even attempting to climb in after someone 7" less tall than I was driving. Best thing for sure here in AZ though is the air conditioned seats. You might still burn your nethers when you first get in, but the seats cool down pretty quickly.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
After Pumpkin burned up, we got a new-to-us Nissan Murano. It has a lot of the bells and whistles, including the power lift gate and the memory seats. Which is nice, because I would always have to adjust the seat back before even attempting to climb in after someone 7" less tall than I was driving. Best thing for sure here in AZ though is the air conditioned seats. You might still burn your nethers when you first get in, but the seats cool down pretty quickly.
Name her Alyssa.

Alyssa Murano.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Attended Boston Symphony today. During an awesome performance of Tchaikovski's Piano Concerto by a beautiful Russian female soloist my mind drifted to how fortunate I am to live in this city. With four major league sports franchises performing at high levels, premier museums, lovely parks and gardens, I feel so privileged. Too often we take our blessings for granted.

Absolutely.

The last time I visited Symphony Hall was for Handel's Messiah with my friend Joe.

He's been gone ten years. He died just before the Marathon bombing.

The best friend I ever had. I think of him often.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'll trade you my seat profiles for the power trunk!!!
Mine is honestly deactivated more often than not due to the hitch bike rack lol. I don’t want the kids hitting the wrong button and smashing the trunk into a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad