OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So I'm trying to figure out what all my car will do. (It doesn't bake cookies, sadly.) I find it very odd that it has many advanced features and yet no power open/close for the back deck lid. That part is all manual.

First world problems, I guess. I just think it's weird.

Oh, and the whole "fob but no key" thing is going to take getting used to.

And tomorrow I need to figure out the driver seat memory profiles because it keeps moving me around every time I get in and out. :laugh:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The main thing is to get the right cheese curds - if you can find those in your area then you can make your own poutine. :thumbu:
I don't like poutine but for those who do, you would absolutely love where I live. We have many Mennonite farms, dairies and shops that put out their "fresh curds today" signs. Too bad that I don't enjoy...lol

Reactions: Kovi

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Congrats on the new car @Bruinaura! I love the colour too. I still have trouble thinking about the keyless feature, so used to an actual key to start.

I just sold my beloved 2009 Versa, "Blue", (gorgeous metallic blue) - it was almost in mint condition and only 98,000 km on it. No rust at all even thought it was washed about 3 times during its time with me. I sold it to an old workmate who had always wanted it, I texted him even though it was about 8 years ago that he said that. He snapped it up in less than 30 minutes for his daughter is now in co-op. She is perplexed by no cameras, etc., may be a learning curve. I'm thinking "mom" will end up driving Blue and she will get the newer car...lol

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
So I'm trying to figure out what all my car will do. (It doesn't bake cookies, sadly.) I find it very odd that it has many advanced features and yet no power open/close for the back deck lid. That part is all manual.

First world problems, I guess. I just think it's weird.

Oh, and the whole "fob but no key" thing is going to take getting used to.

And tomorrow I need to figure out the driver seat memory profiles because it keeps moving me around every time I get in and out. :laugh:
I got a new used car in January and had the same issues. Took me awhile to find the heated steering wheel button, but once I found it I never forgot where it was :). And I keep the keys in the pocket on the door handle so that my hand hits them when I'm opening the door.

Reactions: Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Happy Guy Fawkes! I was born in England and this was one of the most fun celebrations when I was a child. We gathered wooden tea crates, etc., and built a massive bonfire which was lit on Guy Fawkes night. We had fireworks which were paid for by going door to door for weeks beforehand with a "guy", knocking on doors and yelling "penny for the guy". We then threw the guy on the bonfire....lol I highly doubt all of this is allowed over there now.

Sadly I have no pictures from that time but this will give you an idea of what it was like:
1699196168840.jpeg

1699196265445.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Alicat - I am booked

Boston - Frankfurt​

Departs on Wednesday, 8 November 2023
Arrives on Thursday, 9 November 2023
Total duration: 7h 25m
Total duration: 7 hours and 25 minutes
7h 25m
16:25Boston
Edward L Logan International (BOS)
Terminal E
05:50Frankfurt
(+1 day)
Frankfurt International (FRA)
Terminal 1
Flight duration 7 hours and 25 minutes
LH 423
operated by Lufthansa
AIRBUS A340-300

Departs on Monday, 13 November 2023

10:55 Frankfurt
Terminal 1

13:25 Boston
Terminal E

"Flight duration 8 hours and 30 minutes
LH 422 operated by Lufthansa
AIRBUS A340-300

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@Alicat - I am booked

Boston - Frankfurt​

Departs on Wednesday, 8 November 2023
Arrives on Thursday, 9 November 2023
Total duration: 7h 25m
Total duration: 7 hours and 25 minutes
7h 25m
16:25Boston
Terminal E
05:50Frankfurt
(+1 day)
Terminal 1
Flight duration 7 hours and 25 minutes
LH 423
operated by Lufthansa
AIRBUS A340-300

Departs on Monday, 13 November 2023

10:55 Frankfurt
Terminal 1

13:25 Boston
Terminal E

"Flight duration 8 hours and 30 minutes
LH 422 operated by Lufthansa
AIRBUS A340-300
I can't imagine how many airline miles you must have lol

Reactions: Alicat

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Randomly got one of those as a rental a couple years ago when I was out in Cali for work, had it for 2 weeks and didnt mind it.
One of the best parts about traveling a lot (pre-Covid) was getting to try different cars every week. Like an extended test drive. The Buick Encore was not bad. Of course, if a Dodge Challenger was available, it wasn't a "try a new car week."

Badwater Basin in Death Valley is full of water, pretty crazy being down there and seeing it from the usual barren salt flat

View attachment 762952
Was in your neck of the woods this weekend for a golf outing. Was fabulous weather for some golf. You did have the right idea with getting out of town with the SEMA traffic and F1 closures making traffic a nightmare.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
One of the best parts about traveling a lot (pre-Covid) was getting to try different cars every week. Like an extended test drive. The Buick Encore was not bad. Of course, if a Dodge Challenger was available, it wasn't a "try a new car week."

Was in your neck of the woods this weekend for a golf outing. Was fabulous weather for some golf. You did have the right idea with getting out of town with the SEMA traffic and F1 closures making traffic a nightmare.

Yeah I avoid the Strip like the plague in normal times, but its hell on earth down there right now. Im up in the NW corner of the valley so nice and easy to get out of town without having to cross through that mess.

Reactions: Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
When our car caught fire on the way home in January, the fire department was there in 6 minutes. They were great - absolute pros.
Ya, that was gross and I'd like to not repeat that phone call and evening.

Luckily they were 6 minutes away. RIP Pumpkin

also....
399893027_10227276118388820_93168129348702078_n.jpg

Literally me this morning waking up to an email about a meeting today. I woke up at 7am and had to check if I was late for a noon meeting est. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad