OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Gotta love the power going out to thousands of people and eversource refusing to say why. Just glad it is back on so I can do my job

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
*Sniff*

Ah, that new thread smell....
I'm looking for new car smell.

Or used, actually.

Anybody ever bought from Enterprise car sales? Debating the merits of buying a former rental car. The local lot has some I may be interested in.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I'm looking for new car smell.

Or used, actually.

Anybody ever bought from Enterprise car sales? Debating the merits of buying a former rental car. The local lot has some I may be interested in.
Many moons ago in a different state, I bought a leader car. It was part of a fleet of rentals. The car was fine. I'd think about having a comprehensive check of everything if you do get one.

Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Many moons ago in a different state, I bought a leader car. It was part of a fleet of rentals. The car was fine. I'd think about having a comprehensive check of everything if you do get one.
They do offer the Carfax at least, so that's good.

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Yesterday someone dropped off a cradle/bassinet/baby bed/if I don’t even know the names of these things can I be a dad/crib/help/scared
One thing you could do to keep the communication flowing, is have a journal or white board where you each write down something every day--like "I'm scared of..." and "I'm looking forward to.." and "what happens when...". Sharing those things openly will help both your nervous system and the baby's. :)

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
My mother seems to have issues closing doors and Coco got out of the house when they were leaving. 3rd time shes gotten out. She is a working dog and is still a “puppy” so plenty of energy.

Even funnier I was walking her a few days ago and a neighbors car stopped to pet her. Ms Neighborhood celebrity.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
One thing you could do to keep the communication flowing, is have a journal or white board where you each write down something every day--like "I'm scared of..." and "I'm looking forward to.." and "what happens when...". Sharing those things openly will help both your nervous system and the baby's. :)
I love this for more than just the intended purpose thank you

• Love
Reactions: Kovi

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Were you able to get a hip kit? The leg lifter was very helpful!

1699031664922.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Looks like Boston 25 was impacted and they are investigating.

Apparently something happened to the Baker St. substation is West Roxbury.

In the email Eversource sent me they stated the issue was due to "damage to our equipment due to excavation work of others." Did someone fail to contact Dig Safe?

Dedham was awful. I decided to go to Lamberts in Westwood and while it had power, getting there was a challenge. If you don't have to be in that area, stay away. If you do, pack your patience (and a few ativan).

"In a statement, Eversource told Boston 25 News, “At around 10:45 a.m. this morning, an outage at our Baker St. substation impacted approximately 20,000 customers in the area, including West Roxbury, Dedham, and Hyde Park. We have crews on scene to investigate the cause and make necessary repairs, and our remote system operators are working to use distribution automation technology to reroute power and restore as many customers as they can as soon as possible.”

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Were you able to get a hip kit? The leg lifter was very helpful!

View attachment 762460

I did get a hip kit but it doesn't have a leg lifter. It has a long shoe horn, a thing to help put your socks on (which I love because my feet were getting sooooo cold w/o socks), a long handled brush to reach my back & shoulders when showering, and an extension gripper to help me pick things up off of the floor which I also love, I swear I have dropped more things on the floor the last 8 months than I have in the last 8 years!!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Yesterday someone dropped off a cradle/bassinet/baby bed/if I don’t even know the names of these things can I be a dad/crib/help/scared
You'll figure it out. Parental instincts will kick in and there is very little you can do to damage a newborn. They're not as fragile as they look. And I invented names for stuff cuz it was all new to me. Carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad