GDT: WDSF Game 4: Golden Knights @ Wild - 7:00 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Or, this is my hot take, the Wild just aren't that good (yet) and they are playing a very good team.

What does this even mean? Our so-called core pieces in Ek, Fiala and Kaprizov are all at the age where forwards generally peak, so I don't know where we should be expecting this magical improvement to come from.

They aren't that good. They aren't going to be that good. They aren't going to be bad enough to get a real talent in the draft to build around. We're right back to being first-round cannon fodder for the foreseeable future unless Rossi's a superstar (possible, but unlikely)

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Evason is looking more and more like Todd Richards during this series. He looks like a deer in the headlights at this point.

The regular season, the defense and Kap and quality goaltending made things easy for him. Now that he actually needs to do some coaching, he has no clue what to do.
Gerard Gallant is available, for now.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
What does this even mean? Our so-called core pieces in Ek, Fiala and Kaprizov are all at the age where forwards generally peak, so I don't know where we should be expecting this magical improvement to come from.

They aren't that good. They aren't going to be that good. They aren't going to be bad enough to get a real talent in the draft to build around. We're right back to being first-round cannon fodder for the foreseeable future unless Rossi's a superstar (possible, but unlikely)
Huh? I think you may be reading too much into it. I think the addition of Boldy and rossi (and the subtraction of several other players) makes us instantly better next year, regardless of how it's spun. Ultimately we are playing a very good team with a goalie that is playing insanely hot. I think our core fwds of juice box, Fiala, and ek are just fine.... They just need a few. Ore pieces around them.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
It's his first damn season! And without a quality center! Are you kidding me?

At age 20 Gaborik had 17 playoff points in 18 games. At 24, 3-1-4 in 5 games. He is in his prime and should be able to carry his line if he's the star everyone's crowning him as.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
You're right. Let's trade him.
I would do it for the right price. Maybe we can get Bedard/Wright and actually have a core piece worth building around for once. Kap is nice but he's a complimentary player, not the guy who can carry a team to the promised land. He ain't gonna be worth the 8.5/8yrs we'll probably give him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I would do it for the right price. Maybe we can get Bedard/Wright and actually have a core piece worth building around for once. Kap is nice but he's a complimentary player, not the guy who can carry a team to the promised land. He ain't gonna be worth the 8.5/8yrs we'll probably give him.
So when ya gonna change your avatar?

Reactions: fgobuzz

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
At least they have that veteran experience from Parise!
That's been the worst aspect of this team for years.

Other teams get pissed off by such things... the Wild have always thrown in the towel.

Spurgeon as Captain isn't doing much to change that.

We need someone who gets fiery and pissed off from time to time...

Reactions: The Enemy Within

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Name the last team to make it to the "promised land" without at least 3 superstars? Trading your best player in hopes to acquire someone who could become your best player, doesn't get you anywhere

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Name the last team to make it to the "promised land" without at least 3 superstars? Trading your best player in hopes to acquire someone who could become your best player, doesn't get you anywhere

That's kinda my point. We need to bottom out and draft those guys. A stud 1C prospect would just be the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad