GDT: WDSF Game 4: Golden Knights @ Wild - 7:00 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
There has been only 1 line that has played well this series. Every line other than the GEEF line needs to be changed next period. Put Kap and Fiala together. Elevate Sturm. Do something. Rask and Bonino should be on the 4th because they are utterly useless. Parise looks like the only other guy that gives a damn out there.

Reactions: nickschultzfan

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
He’s the only one actually playing like he deserves it.
Harsh. Juice box has been absolutely smothered the entire series. Fiala, not including tonight, has been the best looking forward (imo) in a Wild seater over the series. JEE has been great though, can't disagree there.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Oh, I agree 100%. Would've been neat to see him. I'd have personally liked to see Boldy on Rau's spot - even if Rau hasn't been bad. Parise, however, has been quite good on the 4th line role; he fits it well.
Parise and Sturm go together like peas and carrots.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
There has been only 1 line that has played well this series. Every line other than the GEEF line needs to be changed next period. Put Kap and Fiala together. Elevate Sturm. Do something. Rask and Bonino should be on the 4th because they are utterly useless. Parise looks like the only other guy that gives a damn out there.
He probably won't put Kap and Fiala together until the last shift of the game. Or else he'll put them together for two shifts, and when they don't score right away, he'll break them up.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Ek looks like a solid 3rd line center on a contender. Fiala a potential complimentary piece next to a legit center, though even in that role probably couldn't be more than the 4th or 5th best player on a cup winner. I think Kaprizov died after game 1, or at least he's been dead weight.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Next game go

Kap-Ek-Fiala
Boldy-Hartman-Zucc
Folino-Bonino-Greenway
Parise-Rask-Sturm

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Harsh. Juice box has been absolutely smothered the entire series. Fiala, not including tonight, has been the best looking forward (imo) in a Wild seater over the series. JEE has been great though, can't disagree there.

It’s harsh, but it’s still facts. You’ve got to perform in the playoffs, regardless of all the factors. We’ve seen players go invisible in the playoffs for a decade now. Eventually someone just needs to be a consistent playoff performer.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It’s harsh, but it’s still facts. You’ve got to perform in the playoffs, regardless of all the factors. We’ve seen players go invisible in the playoffs for a decade now. Eventually someone just needs to be a consistent playoff performer.
Or, this is my hot take, the Wild just aren't that good (yet) and they are playing a very good team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The franchise has drafted ONE top 6 center in its history at this point...I think that explains why more than anything else.

Hopefully Rossi can help change that...

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Or, this is my hot take, the Wild just aren't that good (yet) and they are playing a very good team.

This may be true, but of all the good teams in the playoffs it would seem that we would have the best chance against these guys. To have a series where we aren't competitive except for small snippets is most disheartening.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

They don’t have any centers to support their playmakers, but 4 goals over 4 games is inexcusable IMO. They beat these guys in the regular season, they can score against them, they’re failing to do so.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Evason couldn't handle that many adjustments. Only one or two at best.
Evason is looking more and more like Todd Richards during this series. He looks like a deer in the headlights at this point.

The regular season, the defense and Kap and quality goaltending made things easy for him. Now that he actually needs to do some coaching, he has no clue what to do.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad