GDT: WDSF Game 3: Golden Knights @ Wild - 8:30 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN, BSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Is anyone getting tired of dean evason holding some players responsible, & not others?

How is it this year Parise, kaprizov, zuccarello, & fiala all were doing various games , but not Marcus Johanssen?

Also people can correct me about the Zuccarello, & kaprizov, but weren't there a game where there was a post about zuccarello,,& kaprizov being held out/ not played for the final 11min of the 1st period vs. Arizona or something?

Those who are good with research, because I suck can you try to see if the post exists please?
Who isn't being held accountable?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Who isn't being held accountable?

Specifically after these first two games? Marcus Johansson is the big name that sticks out. You can try to make the argument that Evason doesn't have any better options right now, but Johansson's play dictates he be scratched, and yet he's still playing with our second best forward.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Specifically after these first two games? Marcus Johansson is the big name that sticks out. You can try to make the argument that Evason doesn't have any better options right now, but Johansson's play dictates he be scratched, and yet he's still playing with our second best forward.
Not sure how you hold Johansson accountable for playing like you would expect him to play?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not sure how you hold Johansson accountable for playing like you would expect him to play?

Even if that's what you expect him to be, I don't think the coaching staff or management expect Johansson to be a complete and total liability every time he's on the ice, and if they do, then the issue would be why he's even on the ice in the first place, let alone playing across from our second best forward.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Even if that's what you expect him to be, I don't think the coaching staff or management expect Johansson to be a complete and total liability every time he's on the ice, and if they do, then the issue would be why he's even on the ice in the first place, let alone playing across from our second best forward.
He's not a complete and total liability every time he's on the ice

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
People definitely see what they want to see.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
He's not a complete and total liability every time he's on the ice
That is debatable.. He had 4 turnovers before the 10 min mark of the first period on Tuesday night. I feel like every other forward has made some sort of nice high effort defensive play this series, I haven't seen anything of high effort from 90 yet.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
If this series comes down Johansson or his replacement, we are done like dinner.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If this series comes down Johansson or his replacement, we are done like dinner.
Thing is that Johansson is not playing 8 minutes per game like Bjugstad and Sturm(WTF?), but over 16 minutes as a linemate to our second most important offensive player. A winger playing on the 2nd line should be adding something- passing or shooting would be nice, but he doesn't do that- he also doesn't add grit, and i don't see defensive intensity or good hockey IQ either. He does skate reasonably fast, but he sure doesn't use that speed for much of anything that i can see. It's not like he gets in there fast blowing up opposing Dmen on the forecheck, or backchecking hard, or getting breakaways.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Please...since when did a rookie make his NHL debut in a playoff game? :rolleyes:

But Parise should play instead of Johansson, we all know he's better. Our stubborn and arrogant GM is hurting this team, I believe he's behind this, and not Evason.

And I really wonder what Leipold thinks, either he supports Guerin, or something unexpected could happen...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Please...since when did a rookie make his NHL debut in a playoff game? :rolleyes:

But Parise should play instead of Johansson, we all know he's better. Our stubborn and arrogant GM is hurting this team, I believe he's behind this, and not Evason.

And I really wonder what Leipold thinks, either he supports Guerin, or something unexpected could happen...

Kreider (for your Rangers)
Makar
McAvoy

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Really...they must have been desperate.

He played in 10 of 12 games and scored 6 points. Maybe they just weren't stupid enough to think that a rookie can't possibly help in the playoffs?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MoJo has been pretty horrid and Fiala's play has been negatively impacted because of it. I can't imagine Boldy could play any worse and the upside of him snappin' dimes to Fiala while also applying even a modicum of intelligence to the game of hockey would be nice.
Philosophically I am against the idea of sticking a rookie cold into the playoffs when he hasn't even had time to practice with the team, and has played less than 20 AHL games. At this point, though, f*** it. I grew up watching a nerdy, bookish goalie lead his team to a Cup championship after playing only 6 NHL games prior to that, and goalie is a lot harder position than wing. I am also the guy that thought Kap would get about 35-40 pts. during a full season in his rookie year.

Are we really going to worry about offending Cramarossa, Parise or Rau ?

If we stick Boldy in at wing and he fails, is the team really going to fall apart?

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
mike modano had 58, should we put him in too? :sarcasm:

Wouldn't mind him over Mojo :popcorn:

Jokes aside, gotta have this one tonight to put the pressure back on Vegas. Conversely, if Flower is stoning us all night again I'd worry about that getting into the players' heads. Let's start hot, get a couple early, and pressure them all night. We win our home games like we have all year and this series is all but finished. LGW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad