GDT: WDSF Game 3: Golden Knights @ Wild - 8:30 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN, BSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
It is because Vegas has been clutching and grabbing all game with no calls.

This. It's much easier to control the game when you know you're allowed to get away with things the other guys aren't. One way or another, there's a clear discrepancy of what's being called and what's not. That too many men on the ice penalty was a clear example, when the hold on Foligno went completely ignored - despite the fact that it lead directly to the following situation. Same with the trip on Dumba during our PP. 5 on 3, this could very well be a tie game.

Instead, it's gonna look far uglier than the game would suggest when people just point to the shots and goals instead of, well, actually watching the damn game.

Onto game 4 we go. Win that, win at Vegas, seal the deal at home and onto the next round.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Hate to say it, but I'm going to anyway. And honestly, I'm really not trying to be negative. Just looking at it from their perspective. I believe that to be the series right there. Vegas getting a win at the X...where they don't, just lifts their confidence and broke that mental barrier they had. They know they can win here now. I think that carries them through the rest of the series. I truly hope I'm wrong, but unless the Wild leadership turns it around and they put a true whupping on Vegas next game, it's going to be a rough go to beat them. And, they did it without two of their top players in Nosek and Pacioretty.

Again, I absolutely would love to be wrong though.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Wild basically took the whole 2nd period off, & Talbot was completely trash, you can see expressions Talbot made on TV when the goals went in

Wild in the 3rd weren't any better. Losing 1 player to injury shouldn't hurt the team

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Wild basically took the whole 2nd period off, & Talbot was completely trash, you can see expressions Talbot made on TV when the goals went in

Wild in the 3rd weren't any better. Losing 1 player to injury shouldn't hurt the team
When it’s your best player tho...

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Hate to say it, but I'm going to anyway. And honestly, I'm really not trying to be negative. Just looking at it from their perspective. I believe that to be the series right there. Vegas getting a win at the X...where they don't, just lifts their confidence and broke that mental barrier they had. They know they can win here now. I think that carries them through the rest of the series. I truly hope I'm wrong, but unless the Wild leadership turns it around and they put a true whupping on Vegas next game, it's going to be a rough go to beat them. And, they did it without two of their top players in Nosek and Pacioretty.

Again, I absolutely would love to be wrong though.
Makes me wonder what our direction should be going forward. Kaprizov and Fiala are fun but clearly not core pieces on a contender. Rossi just missed a pretty crucial year of development. We have an aging and expensive blueline. My gut says blow it up and tank for Bedard/Wright but I dunno if we can be bad enough for that to work.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Makes me wonder what our direction should be going forward. Kaprizov and Fiala are fun but clearly not core pieces on a contender. Rossi just missed a pretty crucial year of development. We have an aging and expensive blueline. My gut says blow it up and tank for Bedard/Wright but I dunno if we can be bad enough for that to work.

We're all pissed off with the performance in the last 2 periods tonight. But please, lets not get hyperbolic. Series is 2-1 and we have a game at the X on Saturday. Let's at least not go nuclear until we lose both the next two games. This team was never meant to contend this year anyway, our window is the next 3-4 years, and we still have a decent chance to win this series and advance to be obliterated by the Avs.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Back from the game.

WELP. That went from ecstasy to typical Wild in short order. We are back for Game 4, but I'm going to be pretty rough if this goes the same way working a 12 hour shift zooming to the X to then wake up at 430am to do another 12 hour shift on Sunday. That'll be A LOT better with a W and a series tied at 2-2.

Just from watching this team all season I think they've got at least one more solid game in them, but if it starts off sour in Game 4 it may take an elimination game to get them to show the fight we've seen most of the season. I think the majority of this loss came down to physical play which is somewhat odd because the majority of the talking heads and KFAN on the way back were saying they didn't think it was as physical (from Vegas). I'm not sure what game they were watching, but when the Wild met that type of play they had jump and were in charge of that game. When they stopped and went into a shell they let a lead go and ended up losing 5-2.

I think this series is "winnable" for more fans and that's what makes this more frustrating to watch. Fans were relatively full of angst at the end, let's hope they can let it out celebrating a Wild win on Saturday.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Yeah, I'm not with you there. It's easy for a team to key in on 2 players when 1 to 2 guys on a line really are working above their paygrade. I mean, I like Hartman, but he's a bottom 6 guy. Not going to crap on Kap because they don't have a decent linemate past Zuccarello. They'll both be fine when opposing teams can't isolate them and have to account for 2 other players on their respective lines.

Reactions: Slotski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad