Fleury

*Lines subject to change

------------------------------

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Evason communicating no lineup changes. I'm not really surprised based on the coaching staff's MO. I'm not sure they are overly concerned in the way that we fans want to be after splitting games at home in Vegas, especially given their success at home being able to play matchups and general success against Vegas this season. I'm not saying if that's right or wrong, but you can't argue with the results thus far between a 19-2-2 record at home in the last 24 games and the goal totals they have put up, their record against Vegas this year, and splitting on the road in the playoffs despite not being able to control matchups and running into a hot goalie.

I think it's frustrating because we think that the lineup could be optimized to be even better than it has, but if you take a step back you can't really argue with the overall results produced by the strategy that Evason/Guerin has went with this season.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Because there was speculation about line-up changes after last game and Parise's the most likely to draw in.
Not sure what speculation you're talking about, but can't see why they would want to get smaller, weaker, slower, and less skilled?

Reactions: GuerinUp

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not sure what speculation you're talking about, but can't see why they would want to get smaller, weaker, slower, and less skilled?
Speculation on here, in the series thread, which alternates back and forth with the game-day threads that we're currently posting in, providing the context for the original post.

And I haven't seen many calling for him to play, but Parise being a healthy scratch in this series is and will continue to be a storyline for the team going into the summer.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Based on the null-hypothesis that the guy with the big contract, 35 playoff goals and chip on his shoulder is most likely to draw in. I'm not advocating for it but I don't think I'm running against orthodoxy here.
I'd be surprised if Parise was slotted into the lineup ahead of Boldy when one guy has met or exceeded expectations and the other has an entire season showcasing how undeserving he is of a spot on the roster.

Playoff experience here isn't relevant. You need skill, speed, and ability to win hockey games. Parise lacks all 3.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd be surprised if Parise was slotted into the lineup ahead of Boldy when one guy has met or exceeded expectations and the other has an entire season showcasing how undeserving he is of a spot on the roster.

Playoff experience here isn't relevant. You need skill, speed, and ability to win hockey games. Parise lacks all 3.
If Evason was asking me to choose between the two for some inexplicable reason (head trauma?) I'd pick Boldy 10 times out of 10. I'd still be surprised if it played out that way, but maybe I don't give the coach enough credit.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014

If you think experience has nothing to do with playoffs success you are off your rocker. I'm not saying it is all that matters, but saying it has no relevance is ludicrous.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
playoff experience is one of the most overhyped factors in sports. Youve been playing competitive sports your entire life, if you dont know by the time youre 18 that you need to step your game up to another level come playoff time in any sport than youre a hopeless individual

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Is anyone getting tired of dean evason holding some players responsible, & not others?

How is it this year Parise, kaprizov, zuccarello, & fiala all were doing various games , but not Marcus Johanssen?

Also people can correct me about the Zuccarello, & kaprizov, but weren't there a game where there was a post about zuccarello,,& kaprizov being held out/ not played for the final 11min of the 1st period vs. Arizona or something?

Those who are good with research, because I suck can you try to see if the post exists please?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Is anyone getting tired of dean evason holding some players responsible, & not others?

How is it this year Parise, kaprizov, zuccarello, & fiala all were doing various games , but not Marcus Johanssen?

Also people can correct me about the Zuccarello, & kaprizov, but weren't there a game where there was a post about zuccarello,,& kaprizov being held out/ not played for the final 11min of the 1st period vs. Arizona or something?

Those who are good with research, because I suck can you try to see if the post exists please?
If I recall they were allegedly held out the final 11 but reasonably sure that was due to a ton of penalty’s and they don’t kill penalty’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad