WCSF Gm#6: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/26/13 - One More Win.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You guys keep forgetting that the home team has the last change! San Jose has been using that to match Thornton line to the Richards line. It has obviously made a HUGE difference in these playoffs.

That, and the fact we can't win a face off to save our lives. That trend is going to have to stop or we can forget a title defense.

Pretty sure we can forget the title defense already. Going 7 games makes it pretty much impossible for us to be successful in the final two rounds, even if we manage to advance.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This team is just not as good as last years team plain and simple. We are 1 and 5 on the road this post season and that won't get it done. Please don't lose to San Jose I hate that team! I don't care if we get bounced in the next round just don't lose to the guppies!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Ron,

The problem is, it's been happening all series on the road and Sutter never once made an adjustment. He could have not sent that line out there after a whistle, or he could have split up Carter from Richards, yet he has been stubborn and kept them together, and the Kings elite sniper has spent the vast majority of his time in SJ watching his buddy try and stop Joe Thornton.

Jun 30, 2006
Why is it that everyone on here is nearly in unison over sitting Muzzin and Nolan?

Yet the decision makers don't see it the same way. What the hell?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Dump Nolan and Clifford and insert Toffoli and Martinez.

Solves the issue of having Scuderi and Lewis on the 2nd PP unit. Martinez can play the PP and an odd shift here or there to lighten the load on Doughty who is playing to much.

And most importantly it gets Nolan and Clifford out of the lineup.

Double shift Carter, Brown and Lewis on the 4th line.

I completely agree with this. Why Sutter has become Shifty Daryl again after all these years is beyond me.

Go with the line up that wins and stick with it as long as it continues. Why are we fing about with the line up.

Martinez is excellent at making a clean first pass and getting the puck out of our zone. He did have one single bad game but we won that game so F keeping him out for it.

Oh well, we will prove to be the better team next game and move on to the WCF's.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
You guys all complaining about the Kings, perhaps you should give the opponents some credit! Sharks came out aggressive in the third. Great game plan.

Don't forget Adam Burish. He was one of the pickups late in the season that started the sharks winning again. He was a very important cog in their defense. Now he's back, and SJ is a different team than they were without him.

As far as the 5-on-3... I hate the "automatic penalty" for puck over the glass. There should be some leeway for the refs to judge the intentions. And it should really be obviously intentional to go to a 5-on-3. I wish they'd change that rule a bit.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Ron,

The problem is, it's been happening all series on the road and Sutter never once made an adjustment. He could have not sent that line out there after a whistle, or he could have split up Carter from Richards, yet he has been stubborn and kept them together, and the Kings elite sniper has spent the vast majority of his time in SJ watching his buddy try and stop Joe Thornton.

So what is he suppose to do ? You have to manage minutes....And you don't want the third or fourth line out there against them.

You can't play Kopitar that much, and Richards line does ice the puck quite a bit with the home run passes Richards tries to feed Carter....

What the hell is Sutter suppose to do ?

Also The Burns line has not even done the damage really, It's the PP.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I haven't played any hockey since the late eighties and early nineties but how hard is it to score on a goaltender with pads on if you can't shoot pass a defender without pads? Anyone who play now can enlighten me on this?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings seem to come out flat and with zero energy when they're away from home. I don't know what changed between last year and this year, but they just don't seem very well prepared on the road. And this has been problematic from the regular season on to the playoffs.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So what is he suppose to do ? You have to manage minutes....And you don't want the third or fourth line out there against them.

You can't play Kopitar that much, and Richards line does ice the puck quite a bit with the home run passes Richards tries to feed Carter....

What the hell is Sutter suppose to do ?

Put Carter with Kopitar and Williams, and skate Penner and Brown with Richards? Not saying it would be foolproof but you gotta try something. Carter has been nullified in every game up i San Jose because they can't get out of their own end.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Put Carter with Kopitar and Williams, and skate Penner and Brown with Richards? Not saying it would be foolproof but you gotta try something. Carter has been nullified in every game up i San Jose because they can't get out of their own end.

Well it doesn't matter now, cause game seven is in LA.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
My point is that it's easy to see the weaknesses for those watching the game at home but the people running the show just don't see it.

None of those people were responsible for the loss....

Nolan didn't cause a goal, He didn't help the lineup.

Muzzin has been on the ice for about two even strength goals all series.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Don't forget Adam Burish. He was one of the pickups late in the season that started the sharks winning again. He was a very important cog in their defense. Now he's back, and SJ is a different team than they were without him.

As far as the 5-on-3... I hate the "automatic penalty" for puck over the glass. There should be some leeway for the refs to judge the intentions. And it should really be obviously intentional to go to a 5-on-3. I wish they'd change that rule a bit.

Burrish is a below average player and the sharks didn't deserve the win. It was painfully obvious that the only way we lost tonight was by beating ourselves. The sharks aren't the reason we are playing a 7th game. The Blues were a much better team. The difference is that we played much better against them and are now playing down to the much lesser sharks.

I think everyone in sj should be happy that we are struggling and take the gift that they are being given by us.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Pretty sure we can forget the title defense already. Going 7 games makes it pretty much impossible for us to be successful in the final two rounds, even if we manage to advance.

Would disagree with this.

How many times did the Bruins go 7 games during their 2011 cup run? Canucks also went 7 games in 2011.

Pretty sure the Devils went 7 games against Florida last year too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad