WCSF Gm#6: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/26/13 - One More Win.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You guys all complaining about the Kings, perhaps you should give the opponents some credit! Sharks came out aggressive in the third. Great game plan.

They did what they are suppose too. I thought the Kings played a better road game.

But you don't win road games (any game really) scoring one goal.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
In fairness to Richards, he has not been good all year defensively, yet DS is sending him out there against a puck possession guy who is a much much larger man. He is running around and being physically abused because of Sutter's stubbornness and refusal to end that laughable experiment.

Richards has played great this series at home and horrible on the road, it's obvious to see why. He should bounce back in game 7, the Kings will need him.

KingKopitar11*

You guys all complaining about the Kings, perhaps you should give the opponents some credit! Sharks came out aggressive in the third. Great game plan.

Sharks clogged up the neutral zone,and had one guy attacking. It was tthe kings who never adjusted. It's the kings. Our defense never activated.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Someone mentioned this on Twitter but Doughty seems like he's being held back? I don't understand this, he's our best player, let him create something. Martinez should come in for Muzzin, keep Toffoli in. He brings some offense to that 4th line. Nolan, King have been useless. They scored key goals for us last year, haven't done anything this year.

Don't know, but he kept on having to save Regeher's butt.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
This effort is all on the players. The played like if it was there first playoff game. What a piss poor effort. Oh well, on to game 7.
^
This. It was the team who played like crap and how can people blame Sutter for his decisions? Fans are fans for a reason and Sutter has his job for a reason. He brought the Cup to the Kings and he's one smart coach. The guys screwing up is not his fault. Scorers haven't been scoring and you can't win games if you make all goalies look like HHOF men. Only thing consistant about the Kings is their inconsistancy.:(

KingKopitar11*

This is random has anyone noticed how bad our line changes have been in regards to their timings?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Here's a thought for you. Tuesday will be the first game the Kings have faced elimination in two years.

Ron*

You guys keep forgetting that the home team has the last change! San Jose has been using that to match Thornton line to the Richards line. It has obviously made a HUGE difference in these playoffs.

That, and the fact we can't win a face off to save our lives. That trend is going to have to stop or we can forget a title defense.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa

You'd think that Darryl Sutter would have adjusted to this game plan by now. It's the same exact one they had in game 3 & game 4

1dude

Aug 26, 2008
California
Sharks played a good game. Giving up a 5-3 goal early didn't help the Kings.

Kings hit some posts...the Doughty ringer probably would have sent the game the other way if it went in. Oh well.

Kings play good at home and Sharks will have their hands full. It'll be a great game 7 to watch.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You guys keep forgetting that the home team has the last change! San Jose has been using that to match Thornton line to the Richards line. It has obviously made a HUGE difference in these playoffs.

That, and the fact we can't win a face off to save our lives. That trend is going to have to stop or we can forget a title defense.

Stoll....

You never know what you have till it's gone.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I thought only one line played really well today, and that was the line of King-Lewis-Brown. That's it. The top two lines didn't generate much flow or scoring chances and the fourth line was utterly useless.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

Agreed. Sometimes the other team deseves credit for their work.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
This is what the Sharks knew they would get by taking Stoll out (or at least that POS Torres knew) and it holds true. The team that wins critical draws wins games. With Stoll in the line up we had at the very least a better than average two way center to anchor our 3rd line but we also had one of the very best face off men in the game. Stoll was a very very important part of our puzzle and that is the reason he was targeted.

But that was that and now we have to win one more game at home. The officiating remains embarrassing but we have to rise above that and win the next game. We are the better team and it will show next game.

Tonight was frustrating but we will end up the better team next game.

I give ZERO credit to the sharks. They suck and have gotten away with being a very dirty average team. I said it before the playoffs started and I say it again, the only team that can beat us out there is ourselves. We will get a chance to prove that we are the better team next game and return to the WCF's as a result.

F the sharks.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Even when we win face offs, the other team gets control over the puck. So frustrating.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Kings should go with seven defensemen again for game seven. Muzzin has been terrible at both ends of the ice. Can't get shots through and continues to turn over the puck.

Oh well. One more home game for the kings. Must win for the first time in two years.

Go kings! I'm going to be a mess on Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad