WCSF Gm#6: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/26/13 - One More Win.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
for the love of god, stay out of the penalty box. Typical that Sj got another 5 on 3 goal, can't win a game without it.

KingKopitar11*

This team deserves to lose after that half ass effort. They turned in a game #26 of the regular season performance when they had a chance to move on to the WCF.

Absolutely pathetic.

And seriously **** Sutter for making the most brain dead unnecessary lineup change of all time by bringing in Nolan in a ****ing elimination game when the team just turned in its best 60 minute effort of the postseason.

Really really disappointed in this team.

Honestly what reason does a coach have changing the line up on the best game we had the entire playoffs? What a terrible move.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm not really sure the Kings ever left the locker room after second period.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
We hit 3 posts and Niemi held strong for 40 minutes. We took too many penalties and it cost us.

Not even close to as disappointed as I was after Game 4. We were in this game the whole way, which is an improvement over most of our road games.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
the kings better be careful... with this kind of effort, well be packing our bags on tues

We're probably better off losing now because with the way we're playing right now, we'll get swept by Detroit or Chicago.

#FreeMartinez

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings played better, but you have to score more than one goal.

Quick was great again. Probably need another shutout at home.

MxH0CKEY

Aug 27, 2008
Planet Earth
Who was the one who said Richards was consistently a top player for us? I am totally mindblown. I must have been watching a different game these last 2 years. Disgraceful play.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
^ He leads our team in points.

This team deserves to lose after that half ass effort. They turned in a game #26 of the regular season performance when they had a chance to move on to the WCF.

Absolutely pathetic.

And seriously **** Sutter for making the most brain dead unnecessary lineup change of all time by bringing in Nolan in a ****ing elimination game when the team just turned in its best 60 minute effort of the postseason.

Really really disappointed in this team.

Exactly. ZERO intensity tonight. Pathetic effort.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Dump Nolan and Clifford and insert Toffoli and Martinez.

Solves the issue of having Scuderi and Lewis on the 2nd PP unit. Martinez can play the PP and an odd shift here or there to lighten the load on Doughty who is playing to much.

And most importantly it gets Nolan and Clifford out of the lineup.

Double shift Carter, Brown and Lewis on the 4th line.

member 88115

This effort is all on the players. The played like if it was there first playoff game. What a piss poor effort. Oh well, on to game 7.

SC2008

Oct 14, 2006
Totally annoyed by the Kings effort in this game.

They didn'tmatch the Sharks intensity at all this game.

They deserved to lose this game.

Now, it is down to a single game. Bad bounces and bad calls could send you home.

Way to leave it in someone else's hands possibly.

Sad effort.

Yes, Muzzin is the weak link in the Kings lineup.

Thought the Kings turned a corner after killing that double minor, they seemed to dominate the rest of the 2nd period after that. Surprised how flat they came out in the 3rd. Thought it'd be closer to what they did in game 4 in the third.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
One word can summarize the Kings' performance today: stupid. You start off committing a number of penalties, which bit the Kings early and put them behind the ball, you come out strong in the 2nd and bring the game within reach, and then follow it up with an absolutely lifeless and dreadful 3rd period.

The Kings continuously turned the puck over at their blueline and in the neutral zone. Penner and Carter did this numerous times, as did Williams, Kopitar and Clifford. The Kings could not win faceoffs, they couldn't connect with passes, and they had no good looks at Niemi in the 3rd period.

Sutter better get these guys fired up for Game 7 at home. They need a killer mentality at home ice and need to follow up with a similar performance at home as we witnessed in Game 5.

The Sharks didn't even outplay the Kings and just sat back in the 3rd period because the Kings did all the work for them, they didn't push the play, they simply turned the puck over to the Sharks repeatedly.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Who was the one who said Richards was consistently a top player for us? I am totally mindblown. I must have been watching a different game these last 2 years. Disgraceful play.

I thought Richards was fine, he stayed out too long on that last two minutes.

But his game was ok, Carter and Penner were trash though. Both had about Five turnovers in the third there.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa

That was by far his worst game of the playoffs and maybe the year. It's crazy how much we miss Stoll, even when we win faceoffs (like we did at the end of the 3rd), it skipped right past Doughty. All the bounces were going San Jose's way.

KingKopitar11*

The whole second line was bad the whole game . But Richards really choked it up the last minute.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Pathetic effort. Sutter needs to change the lines back and bring in Toffoli and demote Williams. Fraser and Nolan were useless on the 4th line tonight, Vey and Pearson would be better options.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Someone mentioned this on Twitter but Doughty seems like he's being held back? I don't understand this, he's our best player, let him create something. Martinez should come in for Muzzin, keep Toffoli in. He brings some offense to that 4th line. Nolan, King have been useless. They scored key goals for us last year, haven't done anything this year.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Typical Kings. They knew they had a game to spare and they took it. Well, now anything can happen in a game 7! Too bad the Kings couldn't muster the effort for a late push to earn good rest.

Sydor25

LA Kings
We went into the third behind only one goal and went out there and took a giant crap on the ice

I thought the sharks played the third perfectly. They sat back with four in the neutral zone. Kings couldn't get any speed built up.

Kings had their chances in the first period and didn't convert. Game was lost in the first period.

Kings first elimination game since the sharks won game six in LA.

Kings loss on Tuesday should be enough to re-energize them for next season. Lack of drive all season has cost the Kings many games this year.

To lose every road game 2-1 is terrible. Quick gave the kings a chance in every and and they blew it.

Ron*

You guys all complaining about the Kings, perhaps you should give the opponents some credit! Sharks came out aggressive in the third. Great game plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad