WCSF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/16/13 - TWO DOWN TWO TO GO! GO KINGS GO!

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I certainly don't mind moaning about playoff games where the officiating is the story. I'd rather the stripes let the boys play in the playoffs, but they called the game consistently, and looking back at the penalties, I don't think there are any that were remotely borderline. They were all pretty obvious. You either call them all or don't call any of them, and they opted to call them all. Fine.

I don't see the Kings moaning about the roll the officials were on calling penalties against the Kings that the Sharks were unable to score on last game and the start of this game, and going back to Round 1, the penalty disparity between the Sharks and Canucks was ridiculous. Sharks had 24 PP's in round 1. Canucks had 10.

Sharks were clearly the better team in round 1, but my goodness, don't be posting threads saying you're going to quit the NHL because you think you got jobbed on a blatant stick infraction and a puck over the glass automatic penalty. How about focusing on Joe Pavelski and how he let Lewis get away from him on the game-winner. Kill the damn penalties and win the game.

Lest we forget the other reason the Kings won the game last night:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=249338

Last edited:

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Last 2 minutes on the Canadian broadcast :yo:

It is amazing how much better the sound is on Canadian broadcasts vs either NBC or FSW. I remember that from clips from the finals last year. The deafening roar of the bedlam in the arena that you experience when you are there is so much more apparent on the Canadian broadcasts. :yo:

HF boards made the big time!

lmao. GOLD. :laugh:

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Haha.

I'm the responsible party. I mostly post on LGK and just read these forums.

lol....you m'lady...are awesome!:yo::nod:

The sharks fans whining this series has reached highs beyond that of Anaheim and Vancouver, it was awesome to call them out like that. And in case you're looking for a follow up video, there's plenty of reading material on the main board series talk. :laugh:

BennyAdeline

May 29, 2012
Hollywood
lol....you m'lady...are awesome!:yo::nod:

The sharks fans whining this series has reached highs beyond that of Anaheim and Vancouver, it was awesome to call them out like that. And in case you're looking for a follow up video, there's plenty of reading material on the main board series talk. :laugh:

All I did was film and post it. That's my wife in the video.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
From a TSN article (Cullen) on the game, a great set of stats on TT

The other player with five shots was Kings RW Tyler Toffoli, who assisted on the game-winning goal, had five shots in 12:03 of ice time and owned the best possession numbers for the Kings in Game Two.

link (bolded) for possession numbers
http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=30242
Great to see the outstanding numbers for Toffoli, that's a good sign for things to come. However, we should take this into account when imagining where he should fit into the lineup. One benefit of him playing a bottom-six role is that he's playing against weaker opposition, and my guess--we'll probably get more detailed possession numbers later today--is that he did very well against the Hannan-Stuart pair. If Toffoli gets put up with, say, Richards and Carter, then he'll be against tougher defense pairs and forward lines.

For now, he's doing well in a sheltered role. It'll be interesting to see if Sutter bumps him and increased the responsibility.

Ron*

Sharks were clearly the better team in round 1, but my goodness, don't be posting threads saying you're going to quit the NHL because you think you got jobbed on a blatant stick infraction and a puck over the glass automatic penalty. How about focusing on Joe Pavelski and how he let Lewis get away from him on the game-winner. Kill the damn penalties and win the game.

That thread "over there" is pure entertainment. Two particular Sharks posters in that thread must have pretty red faces this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: