WCSF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/16/13 - TWO DOWN TWO TO GO! GO KINGS GO!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
From a TSN article (Cullen) on the game, a great set of stats on TT

The other player with five shots was Kings RW Tyler Toffoli, who assisted on the game-winning goal, had five shots in 12:03 of ice time and owned the best possession numbers for the Kings in Game Two.

link (bolded) for possession numbers
http://timeonice.com/shots1213.php?gamenumber=30242

:handclap:

He looks so poised out there. Having your coach give you confidence in key situations helps.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Carter's play is really underrated on that tying goal. Didn't even see it with the NBC broadcast. I thought Brown brought the puck to his forehand. Great little tip pass to Brown to bang it in. That broadcast was miles better than NBC's, wish I could watch TSN games all the time.

Was a really unselfish, smart play by both Richards and Carter. Both of them knew that they couldn't get it in the net so they got it to someone who could. Richards could've tried to pick a small corner but instead went for the rebound shot to get it to the guys in front. Carter could've just tried it to jam it home through Niemi but instead realized Brown would have a wide open shot next to him.

It's what I love about those guys. They are always thinking and they couldn't care less about their stats. I love how they're playing right now and hope it continues. Also hope whatever happened to Richards in the first just stunned him. He wouldn't let anyone know if he was hurt, but he's also been playing really well and I'd hate to see anything interrupt that especially with other players having trouble scoring.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It's what I love about those guys. They are always thinking and they couldn't care less about their stats. I love how they're playing right now and hope it continues. Also hope whatever happened to Richards in the first just stunned him. He wouldn't let anyone know if he was hurt, but he's also been playing really well and I'd hate to see anything interrupt that especially with other players having trouble scoring.

I didn't realize how nasty that hit was until I saw the CBC feed and him going from being on his hands and knees to standing, wobbling on his skates and looking out of it. He appeared to be okay as the game went on but I hope it's not one of those things that shows up today.

And agree, I love watching him and JC read each other and feed off it.

Sat is the biggest game of the year and it's the type of game MR loves.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't realize how nasty that hit was until I saw the CBC feed and him going from being on his hands and knees to standing, wobbling on his skates and looking out of it. He appeared to be okay as the game went on but I hope it's not one of those things that shows up today.

And agree, I love watching him and JC read each other and feed off it.

Sat is the biggest game of the year and it's the type of game MR loves.

Eek--last thing we need is another injury. When was this?!? Only got to watch the 3rd last night and about to watch my dvr this afternoon

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
One of the great things about the TSN feed too is you can hear the players on the ice, uncensored.

It is one of the main reasons I pay for GameCenter. they have both the TSN/CBC and NBC full game archive feeds available to watch 48 hours after the game (within a few hours during the regular season) That + AppleTV = gold.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Eek--last thing we need is another injury. When was this?!? Only got to watch the 3rd last night and about to watch my dvr this afternoon

1st period during a Kings PP, Richards gets boarded pretty good and is clearly dazed. He takes a wild slapshot afterwards and spins like a top and loses his balance.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1st period during a Kings PP, Richards gets boarded pretty good and is clearly dazed. He takes a wild slapshot afterwards and spins like a top and loses his balance.

Blecch. Well he looked great in what limited spots i saw, so hopefully it was just a passing concern.

Some good news:

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 3m #lakings kyle Clifford on the ice for morning skate... NOT wearing a non-contact jersey

DEPLOY CLIFFORD!

This guy is Niemi's nightmare!

Edit: also, good god is Toffoli good. This guy is gonna be a Calder candidate for sure!

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
DEPLOY CLIFFORD!

deploy-logo.jpg

clifford.jpg

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Who do you take out?

If Clifford is a go, he replaces Nolan. Do you want to take out Tofolli for a defenseman that will play 5-7 minutes?

I'd leave Clifford out and yes, I would feel more comfortable with another defeseman. It's a tough call though..

Also, it has less to do with playing a guy 5-7 minutes but letting other guys like Doughty and Scuderi spread out their ice time.
I'm just trying to be cautious going into the Shark tank. They have only lost once in regulation. (Even if it was the regular season)

Last edited:

Ron*

One of the great things about the TSN feed too is you can hear the players on the ice, uncensored.

Seeing both replays, it is clear that the volume of crowd noise is significantly lower at NBC than TSN. It is one of the issues that mistakenly led some Devil fans to diss Kings fans during game 6 as it was much louder than NBC was portraying.

Even with TSN volume being far greater than NBC, it doesn't compare to being there. The two-goal sequence late in the third period is the loudest I have ever heard it there, comparable to last seasons game 4 clinch against the Blues. That's my impression anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad