WCSF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/16/13 - TWO DOWN TWO TO GO! GO KINGS GO!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Who do you take out?

If Clifford is a go, he replaces Nolan. Do you want to take out Tofolli for a defenseman that will play 5-7 minutes?

Richardson comes out, Lewis moves to center, tt slots in the right wing. Put penner with Richards

Brown Kopi Williams
Penner Richards carter
Clifford Lewis toffoli
King Fraser ........

Sydor25

LA Kings
Richardson comes out, Lewis moves to center, tt slots in the right wing. Put penner with Richards

Brown Kopi Williams
Penner Richards carter
Clifford Lewis toffoli
King Fraser ........

I knew I was forgetting someone. I liked Penner-Lewis-Tofolli when they were put together in the third, wouldn't mess with that. As much as we want him moved, Sutter isn't going to move King from the 2nd line. Richards and Carter are producing, so King must be doing something right.

With Stoll out and Kopitar's injury, I don't know if I would want to reduce the forwards to 11. Kings need to roll with Muzzin and Martinez, 6-0 since Martinez was put back in the lineup and 4-0 since they went back to 6 defensemen.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
So no video of Kopi's return to the ice for the third? That was really cool.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I would kill for the TSN broadcast instead of NBC. Why on earth do they kill the crowd noise?

There is one other big thing with the TSN feed. They had no confusion that the delay of game call was there. I re-watched the play on both and I am sure all the Sharks fans that thought the linesman made said call were because of NBC. He does not flick his hands together he goes from his shoulder out. He was calling it going over without hitting anything the whole time as was the ref. But they heard what was said on NBC instead of watching what they were doing on the ice.
It was a close call but both the linesman and the ref were sure. And I am convinced unlike what many Sharks fan think that the conference was much different. Those 2 went in to ask the other 2 did you see it hit anyone so we don't have to call this.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There is one other big thing with the TSN feed. They had no confusion that the delay of game call was there. I re-watched the play on both and I am sure all the Sharks fans that thought the linesman made said call were because of NBC. He does not flick his hands together he goes from his shoulder out. He was calling it going over without hitting anything the whole time as was the ref. But they heard what was said on NBC instead of watching what they were doing on the ice.
It was a close call but both the linesman and the ref were sure. And I am convinced unlike what many Sharks fan think that the conference was much different. Those 2 went in to ask the other 2 did you see it hit anyone so we don't have to call this.

Interesting. Wish I had the TSN feed.

Also, I hope Stoll makes it back and scores the series clincher so we can watch Norcal's head explode

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Seeing both replays, it is clear that the volume of crowd noise is significantly lower at NBC than TSN. It is one of the issues that mistakenly led some Devil fans to diss Kings fans during game 6 as it was much louder than NBC was portraying.

Even with TSN volume being far greater than NBC, it doesn't compare to being there. The two-goal sequence late in the third period is the loudest I have ever heard it there, comparable to last seasons game 4 clinch against the Blues. That's my impression anyway.

I was at game 4 of the Blues series. :yo: :nod:

Willard

Kings All The Way
Sep 15, 2004
Just Off Highway 1

Good post. I agree with you. It's likelier that the ref and linesman DIDN'T want to call delay of game at such a crucial juncture -- knowing that they actually did have to.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

Ray Ferraro, who I think is the best analyst in the business by a landslide, was on TSN Radio for his usual call in on the afternoon show and he talked about that and said they looked at multiple angles and believed the right call was made.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I hope Paul Holmgren doesn't look at the Kings' two leading scorers :sarcasm:

I hope he does.

I hope he and Snider both do, every day until they are rotting in a Nursing Home somewhere in urine laced Depends.

Wow and I thought I hated those two :laugh:

Take a look at the latest:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/17/flyers-owner-snider-i-didnt-pick-bryz/

In an interview with the Courier Post, Snider denied that he “picked†Ilya Bryzgalov to be Philadelphia’s goalie and that the decision was made by his hockey operations people, specifically GM Paul Holmgren.

Which flies in the face of:

http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-22/sports/29690025_1_salary-cap-ed-snider-ilya-bryzgalov

Snider made it clear that he is the one who wants Ilya Bryzgalov in a Flyers uniform next season, setting in motion a directive at the end of last season that put general manager Paul Holmgren on a mission.

That got the ball rolling on the Carter and Richards trades.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Ray Ferraro, who I think is the best analyst in the business by a landslide, was on TSN Radio for his usual call in on the afternoon show and he talked about that and said they looked at multiple angles and believed the right call was made.

He called in live that if was over the glass and showed no confusion as to what the officials were doing.

Captain Mittens*

Win tickets to tomorrow’s game! Text LOUD to 742757 by 8PM tonight (5/17)! (Msg&data rates apply)

They didn't say Kings fans can't win :)

I have already texted them 142 times

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
They didn't say Kings fans can't win :)

I have already texted them 142 times

Haha, I texted a bunch too and got "Thanks, but you already entered and subsequent entries will be disqualified."

I'm pretty sure I'm automatically disqualified with my 818 area code. Maybe I should try google voice.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
More on Cliff

@mayorNHL

Clifford on the chance he returns for #lakings series with SJ - 'I'd like to say good.' Better than 50/50? 'We'll see'

Kyle Clifford is frustrated being sidelined, but was very complimentary of what he learned from @KWesty19 ire: dealing w/ the situation.

Captain Mittens*

Haha, I texted a bunch too and got "Thanks, but you already entered and subsequent entries will be disqualified."

I'm pretty sure I'm automatically disqualified with my 818 area code. Maybe I should try google voice.

If I win I am going to give to Bay Area Kings fan, Nefarious BIG.

Everyone should enter a get another Kings fan in the building

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
All I did was film and post it. That's my wife in the video.

Facebook-Like-(a-boss).png

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Game 2 of SJ/LA drew a 2.3 rating in Los Angeles, highest rating ever for a 2nd round game on NBCSN in LA. Up 43% from last year's avg. for LA/STL.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011

Such a lie. The guy is a hypocrite and is now trying to save face from being a complete idiot the past two years. Richards, Carter, and Bobrovsky all gone to pave the way for an immature headcase of a goaltender way past his prime. You made your bed, Ed, you can lie in it as you watch Richards and Carter help out a great Kings team.

Whatever, it doesn't matter. Carter and Richards are much better off anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00