WCSF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/16/13 - TWO DOWN TWO TO GO! GO KINGS GO!

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
What a way to win! Crazy.

Still feel like the Kings need to play better. Quick is playing out of his mind and their scoring is timely like nothing I've ever seen before but it'd be nice to see them carry the play a couple of games too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bailey LA Kings ‏@BaileyLAKings

We are undefeated when fans have free wifi @STAPLESCenter #justsayin

Also, when Alec Martinez plays

I reviewed the video.

He actually went off on 6:04, not 6:44 has as been reported.

I don't know if there was an injury, but he was in a minor scuffle with Burns right before he went off.

He had one shift after that, with Lewis and Brown. Ended with 4 minutes to go

http://timeonice.com/default.html?GameNumber=30242&submit=Go

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I don't know if anyone noticed, but on the winning goal, every player had a role. Voynov and Muzzin with two great cross-ice passes to break out with speed, then Toffoli uses his SPEED to get the scoring chance. Lewis was wide open for the rebound. Why? PENNER busts his butt to the net with that center-lane drive. Pavelski follows him for a second and forgets his man, Trevor Lewis. He realizes too late that Lewis is wide open and is caught two steps behind.

So many little things add up to big moments.

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Was at the game last night so I haven't read through all the threads. I just wanted to give Robyn Regehr a HUGE "Booyah"!!!!:yo: He completely flattened, crushed, wiped out at least 3 different Sharks last night. Man what a stud.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Wow, Williams was benched? He was playing pretty bad, but Sutter deserves all the credit in the world for benching a proven vet like that and playing Toffoli. The line that drew the initial penalty was Penner/Kopi/Toffoli

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Toffoli really looked good out there last night. He's becoming more comfortable and is gaining confidence. It's only a matter of time before he puts a few in the net.

Willard

Kings All The Way
Sep 15, 2004
Just Off Highway 1
Love how both of the last two goals were set up by the guy intentionally shooting off of Niemi's pads in search of rebounds. Richards on Goal #3 and Toffoli on Goal #4.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Martinez was a -3 .....I have to wonder if we'll see Ellerby in his place.

Yeah, not one of Martinez's best games. He took two penalties and was a -3. Easily the worst player for the Kings. He's at his best when he is taking the body and being opportunistic in the offensive zone. With Ellerby, we lose a lot of the offensive ability but make it up with shut down D. I think we'd all be loving Mitchell with Muzzin right now. I think that would be better D than we had last year. Muzzin has had his share of problems in the playoffs, but overall I think he is doing pretty well.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Yeah, not one of Martinez's best games. He took two penalties and was a -3. Easily the worst player for the Kings. He's at his best when he is taking the body and being opportunistic in the offensive zone. With Ellerby, we lose a lot of the offensive ability but make it up with shut down D. I think we'd all be loving Mitchell with Muzzin right now. I think that would be better D than we had last year. Muzzin has had his share of problems in the playoffs, but overall I think he is doing pretty well.
Did you just say "Ellerby" and "shut down D" in the same sentence?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I hope every Kings fan that goes to any Kings game caught just how important the crowd can be. I believe it gave us the extra push to win last nights game.

If you watch how the team was playing in the 3rd before Kopi came back we were flat footed and in trouble. Kopi comes back, the fans go bananas and stay that way through to the end. The team definitely got a big lift by seeing Kopi back on the ice as well as from his (AK'S) play but the fans going bonkers made a big difference.

Think about that when you are booing your favorite team. How is booing going to ever lift a team to victory. It won't but cheering them on sure seems to make a difference every single time.

WAY TO GO KINGS FANS!!!!

We played pretty solid hockey and earned the win. Very happy.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Martinez was a -3 .....I have to wonder if we'll see Ellerby in his place.

I wasn't too thrilled with Martinez's play, and I definitely noticed him by the second goal against, but I doubt we'd get any improvement by putting in Ellerby. Martinez had a tough time moving the puck yesterday, but at least he can move the puck, unlike Ellerby. The defense is going to give somewhere sooner or later. Might as well go with experience and keep the better player on the ice.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
I hope every Kings fan that goes to any Kings game caught just how important the crowd can be. I believe it gave us the extra push to win last nights game.

If you watch how the team was playing in the 3rd before Kopi came back we were flat footed and in trouble. Kopi comes back, the fans go bananas and stay that way through to the end. The team definitely got a big lift by seeing Kopi back on the ice as well as from his (AK'S) play but the fans going bonkers made a big difference.

Think about that when you are booing your favorite team. How is booing going to ever lift a team to victory. It won't but cheering them on sure seems to make a difference every single time.

WAY TO GO KINGS FANS!!!!

We played pretty solid hockey and earned the win. Very happy.
I said it last night and I'll say it again: last night's Kings were as emotionally invested and intense as we've seen so far this year.

They need to capture that emotion and intensity and maintain it. So far, they're winning, sure, but they've been outplayed a lot, their post-game interviews are always saying things like "We won, but didn't play our best game." Well, at some point you have to start playing your best game, or you're going to go home wishing you had. I hope last night's experience gives them the push they need to elevate their game again.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Last 2 minutes on the Canadian broadcast :yo:

Carter's play is really underrated on that tying goal. Didn't even see it with the NBC broadcast. I thought Brown brought the puck to his forehand. Great little tip pass to Brown to bang it in. That broadcast was miles better than NBC's, wish I could watch TSN games all the time.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Did you just say "Ellerby" and "shut down D" in the same sentence?

LOL, ok so maybe that is overstating it a bit. But Ellerby is a -1 overall in the playoffs with no penalty minutes. Martinez is -2 with 8 penalty minutes. Martinez is like Richardson - you put him back in the lineup and he does really well for a game or two and then sucks again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00