WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Go tell it to any hockey player, with all their pre game rituals. I respect everybody's opinion, but it is just game1...Sharks has more offensive talent than the Blues, don't underestimate it.

They also don't have anywhere near the defensive talent

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
This league needs to start holding coaches/teams accountable for defending players like Torres.

There's nothing wrong with a guy like Torres. He was simply trying to lay a big hit on Stoll and unfortunately, he made contact with Stoll's head. Guys like Torres, Cooke, etc are trying to clean up their game. Let's try and be objective, rather than basing it on their past history.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Also, Torres did what they got him for...made an impact on the series now whether he gets suspended or not. A good 3C can be the margin between victory and defeat in a close fought battle. Now, Sharks have Thornton-Couture-Pavelski...now we have half-speed Kopi, Richards....and?

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
They also don't have anywhere near the defensive talent
Guys, I agree with you that today it looked like the easier game we played since the start of the playoff, in particular in the first 2 periods. But as I said, it's just game1. And the Sharks can be dangerous, even though I thank God we are not playing St.Louis anymore.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Stoll obviously has a concussion, it's a big loss for the Kings, but the next guy in line has to step up.
Well, I wouldn't go that far just yet. You might be right, but it's also possible that Stoll got rattled a bit and had to go to the quiet room as a precaution. I guess we'll see if he skates in the next day or two.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Also, Torres did what they got him for...made an impact on the series now whether he gets suspended or not. A good 3C can be the margin between victory and defeat in a close fought battle. Now, Sharks have Thornton-Couture-Pavelski...now we have half-speed Kopi, Richards....and?

Those type of impacts need to be out of the league PERIOD.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
There's nothing wrong with a guy like Torres. He was simply trying to lay a big hit on Stoll and unfortunately, he made contact with Stoll's head. Guys like Torres, Cooke, etc are trying to clean up their game. Let's try and be objective, rather than basing it on their past history.
Someone mentioned that it seemed more reckless than malicious, an assessment that I agree with. It obviously caught Stoll on the head, but Stoll often skates well hunched over, and the impact was shoulder on head, not elbow on head.

I think if Torres get suspended, it will be his reputation that gets suspended more than the actual hit.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
To the people saying that this was easy or that the Blues were that much better than the Sharks, just stop it right now. You're asking for a jinx by making such comments.

We broke a 45-year jinx by winning the Stanley Cup. Who the **** cares about jinxes any more? There's nothing wrong with Kings fans exuding the same confidence the Kings exude. The Kings are playing like the defending champions they are. Enjoy the ride.

I read the Sharks PGT and I must have been watching a different game. A majority of posts were folks happy with the Sharks performance. If the Sharks players feel that same way - no wonder they've never won a Cup. Talk about setting your standards low. They were shut out. Who the heck feels good after a shutout loss? Apparently some Sharks fans.

If the Kings weren't at their best save for Quick, and the Sharks played great yet they didn't score a goal, that combo would concern the hell out of me. I certainly wouldn't be saying I'm happy about their play. The Blues played great for 6 games, and lost 4 in a row.

Losing Stoll absolutely sucks. He wins draws and the Sharks are an excellent faceoff team. Glad they got one game under their belt because the next 3 will be that much more difficult.

GO KINGS GO!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Torres is a POS that knew exactly what he was doing. How many dirty ass hits or intentional dirty plays can this clown get away with? Ridiculous.

Richardson in?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Go tell it to any hockey player, with all their pre game rituals. I respect everybody's opinion, but it is just game1...Sharks has more offensive talent than the Blues, don't underestimate it.

I don't agree with the underestimating of the Sharks. But it has nothing to do with jinxes.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Guys, I agree with you that today it looked like the easier game we played since the start of the playoff, in particular in the first 2 periods. But as I said, it's just game1. And the Sharks can be dangerous, even though I thank God we are not playing St.Louis anymore.
I wouldn't even say "easier," just "with more flow," or "faster." The Sharks couldn't bottle us up in our own end as much, but their attack was also a lot more dangerous.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't know if it's going to be a suspension because Torres got the shoulder, but once again it's a blindside shot from a guy who keeps getting suspended for hits to the head and blindside shots.

The NHL has an obligation to put a stop to it.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I'm ****ing enraged by the Torres hit, I want him gone from the league. I was just waiting for him to do something dirty and sure enough. I want his ****ing head on a stick right now....

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't know if it's going to be a suspension because Torres got the shoulder, but once again it's a blindside shot from a guy who keeps getting suspended for hits to the head and blindside shots.

The NHL has an obligation to put a stop to it.

Dean will put in a complaint and Shannban will look at it.

Since Stoll is injured, I bet Torres gets a few Games.

It's a blindside hit on a guy in a vulnerable spot.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

I'm not disagreeing with you, of course the Sharks are dangerous. I'm just saying that the Kings were very fortunate to beat the Blues, and whether we win or lose against the Sharks, this will be a much easier series for the boys to play in than the one against St. Louis.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Someone mentioned that it seemed more reckless than malicious, an assessment that I agree with. It obviously caught Stoll on the head, but Stoll often skates well hunched over, and the impact was shoulder on head, not elbow on head.

I think if Torres get suspended, it will be his reputation that gets suspended more than the actual hit.

Agreed on the bolded. It's unfortunate for both Stoll and Torres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad