WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Just waiting for a:

"To everyone living in Vancouver, you're welcome" tweet from the Kings twitter account.

I'd save it till we win an elimination game against them and not just game 1. We know how well it worked out for a lot of teams around the league.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Roenick drives me crazy. Before the season and during the season he referred to Quick as being overrated. Now he just said he's a "great goaltender in the playoffs". What's his problem?

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah...Toffoli was ****ing great. I'm going to be eating my words on him soon. His game has progressed by leaps and bounds.

Yes sir, kid is a damn stud! I wish he would play with Carter and Richards but you can definitely tell that his game was well rounded out in Manchester. Have to give Mark Morris some credit, Toffoli is WAYYY better in his defensive game and his back checking. He would never backcheck in Ottawa for the 67s, he was a glider and you still see it sometimes in LA. The guy is a little lazy but Sutter is changing that and I love that he's getting an opportunity.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
drewiske.jpg

1aaaaaasmsyt.jpg

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kopi owes Richards a goal. Better set him up on the PP to make up for it next game.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Roenick drives me crazy. Before the season and during the season he referred to Quick as being overrated. Now he just said he's a "great goaltender in the playoffs". What's his problem?

I thought JR was a big Quick fan. I remember him on Dan Patrick during last year's playoffs and beginning of this year's saying how much of a fan he is. That's pretty weird.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Torres, with his reputation, must be looking at another suspension.

The play itself was more reckless than malicious, but the injury and the name on the back of the sweater make it tough to overlook.

But who knows with the Wheel of Justice.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Awesome job guys! I only got to listen to the audio feed for the 3rd period because I was outside working, but I cheered when I heard you get the empty net, even though it was then offside.

I thanked the LAKings twitter feed on behalf of everyone from BC. Not sure if they will say anything back.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
I'd save it till we win an elimination game against them and not just game 1. We know how well it worked out for a lot of teams around the league.

Just reminds me how the Kings twitter account did the post after game one, somewhat...poetic to do it after this game.

Worried about Stoll, in other news.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Quick's supporting cast is taking shape.

Brown, Kopitar and Doughty led us last year. Now its Richards, Carter and Voynov.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
this game seemed like a walk in the park compared to any blues game.

100% agree. Pedestrian at times. Kings were in total control for long stretches and they made it look easy. Seems like the Blues series helped the Kings preparation significantly. I hope the Kings keep their foot on the gas, because they will start to fade if the series goes really deep.

Sharks had some rust as well I'm sure after sitting for so long and having a relatively easy opponent (compared to the Blues, Vancouver was a cake walk) for Round 1. I'm sure they'll come out guns-a-blazin' for game 2.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Kopitar didn't want Richards to get his second goal.

Brown and king need to be a lot better. They killed a lot of zone time for the kings.

Most sharks shots were from the outside and the kings controlled most of the rebounds.

Quick had a solid game, but I wouldn't say he stole it.

Kings looked like last year. In control of the game after the first ten minutes.
Brown doesn't appear on the scoresheet, but he started things on the 2nd goal with a strong play. I wouldn't say he played poorly overall.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
tumblr_m6r34yPRvF1rav6q1o1_500.jpg

Yeah, Quick is great. Other than that Richards was in playoff mode and Voynov was dominant as well. 1st line had some big chances and Kopi looked better (except that trolling on Richards at the end, lol). Really awesome. Just hoping Stoll is alright.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
If Torres doesn't get suspended he damn well better be made to answer the bell next game for that hit on Stoll, the same way Dwight King had to last year for the hit on Pietrangelo in the St. Louis series.

Incredible game by Quick, again. Kings D did a good job clearing the front of the net of loose pucks. Muzzin was invisible which is an incredibly good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad