WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
St. Louis was so much better than these guys.

St Louis' forecheck was absolutely stellar and the best I have ever seen.
That was a huge difference tonight. The Blues were all over the Kings defense
lightning quick and relentless. They often made Muzzin (and everyone to a degree) look like bumbling incompetents, almost every time we tried to move out of our zone. And then they would have amazing puck control and positioning in our zone.
I thought we looked horrid at times, but it was mainly how excellent the Blues were at this.

I mean, Muzzin actually (almost) looked smooth this game! It was because he had more time.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
To the people saying that this was easy or that the Blues were that much better than the Sharks, just stop it right now. You're asking for a jinx by making such comments.

That said, the huge difference tonight from the previous series is that the Kings' breakout is back. It was pretty much gone for the series against the Blues, but the Sharks just don't pressure nearly as hard and they don't have the five-man structure that St. Louis had. On the other hand, I thought the Sharks attacked through the middle a lot better than the Blues did, and the Kings really need to pressure up the ice more. Our defense is still backing off too much, and against the Sharks that will burn us.

Kopitar with a much improved performance tonight, same with Brown. That line was solid at both ends.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sutter pretty much just said Stoll is injured, without saying it.

That Sucks, Stoll has played very well this season, and Richardson is not a good Defensive Center.

I would put Lewis at Center, keep Richardson at Wing.

Tanevian*

After spending 5 days in SJ for games 3&4 I have become a Kings fan for 5 games.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
t h i s

The Kings shattered all Jinx last year. Don't believe in that crap anymore(for the Kings anyway).

Ether your team is good enough or it's not.

The Blues were a much better team than the Sharks. That is a pretty accurate observation.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If he's really hurt, the Stoll thing is going to turn out to be a far bigger loss than we expect.

I am not happy.

KingKopitar11*

This league needs to start holding coaches/teams accountable for defending players like Torres.

This is old but I remember how shocked i was when they allowed Bertuzzi to still play hockey after that... whatever it was against Moore.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The TSN feed showed a graphic about the average size of the Kings, Sharks, and Canucks. This is off the top of my head: Kings are 6'2 213, Sharks are 6'1" 203, Canucks are 6'1" 193.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Fox just made a good point: the Sharks cycle the puck like the Blues, but they take it to the net more quickly. I think that's a good observation, and that may help explain why the Kings were able to break the puck out and transition to offense a lot more effectively. Against St. Louis, they spent SO much time in our zone that our guys were worn out and desperate to clear the zone and change. Against the Sharks, they sort of invite the counter attacks.

At the end of the day, I think San Jose will score more, but it will aslo be a lot easier for the Kings to play their game, which we saw through the first two periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad