Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF GAME 7: Blues vs. Stars | NBCSN 7pm | Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I love hockey in May. I love all you guys. I love the bar that has become my playoff hockey home.

But most of all, I love this team.

No matter what happens from here, it is time to stop criticizing the heart of this team or acting like 5 year old losses define this team. Probably time to stop acting like our captain isn't a good enough leader. He's now tied for the team lead in playoff points in case you were wondering.

Great point. I can’t think of game we controlled as well as we did today, especially in the 2nd and 3rd. Closest I can think of is game 6 vs Winnipeg. That should tell us something. Yet, still, we could have easily lost, because we ran into a hot goalie. That should tell us something too. It is past time to let go of the baggage. The stuff we cling on to as part of our self loathing legacy isn’t a Blues thing. It’s a hockey thing.

Just get into it. There is crazy variance in hockey. We survived half of it already. We can survive more.

Reactions: BergMan

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
I’d like to think this was Bishop’s reaction to Maroon in the handshake line:

giphy.gif

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Bishop getting praise but Binnington controlled the play almost the entire game. He basically shut down all of their dump ins and allowed the Blues to regain the puck.

Binny is the real deal.
Agreed, he really stepped it up this game and in my opinion, outperformed Bishop(I felt they were equals between the pipes, but Binnington had an absolutely monster game handling the puck)

Blues had built their dump ins around Bishop, but the Stars weren't able to adjust to Binnington's puck management tonight.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
That Benn wraparound. I'm telling you, any other year, that crosses the line and we lose in typical Blues fashion.

The timing of the unlucky bounce that lead to the Stars goal...usually that'd be at the end of the game in heartbreaking fashion.

Moments like that make me think this year might be different.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
That Benn wraparound. I'm telling you, any other year, that crosses the line and we lose in typical Blues fashion.

The timing of the unlucky bounce that lead to the Stars goal...usually that'd be at the end of the game in heartbreaking fashion.

Moments like that make me think this year might be different.
If they play like they did tonight, they will win the cup.

Outside of breakaway off a 91 turnover and one spot where they allowed klingberg to gain momentum thru the neutral zone which binny had to make another great save on, they didnt have shit for scoring chances in the first 3 periods.

that was a better performance than G6 vs Jets. Only thing they need to work on is the PP, put 55 on first unit and let him fire slappers.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
What an evening and what a night. First, Liverpool come back from a 3-0 deficit to knock out Barcelona in the Champions League, then I wake up to find that the Blues are in the conference final.

LGB!

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If they play like they did tonight, they will win the cup.

Outside of breakaway off a 91 turnover and one spot where they allowed klingberg to gain momentum thru the neutral zone which binny had to make another great save on, they didnt have **** for scoring chances in the first 3 periods.

that was a better performance than G6 vs Jets. Only thing they need to work on is the PP, put 55 on first unit and let him fire slappers.

They looked like a cup-level team. Everyone looked crazy good.

Reactions: BergMan

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I don't like to have to be the joy kill in moments such as these, and by no means do I mean to intend to be "that guy" now. But my wonderful grandmother who immigrated to St. Louis in 1931 from Verona, Italy with only her eldest and baby sister after the death of their mother and father, and were brought up through the foster care system in Overland, MO. finally succumbed on Friday to a nearly two year battle with bone cancer. She was 86 and was the most wonderful woman I will ever know (as I'm sure we all feel about our grandmother's). She and my grandfather were responsible for introducing Blues hockey to my father and and aunt and uncles', which they passed down to me and my siblings and cousins.

My father who is now 62 and retired living in Flagstaff, AZ got in town on Sunday just in time to for puck drop to watch game 6 with me and the lady friend and a couple life long buddies.

Last night's game and the effort displayed by the Blues was reminiscent of the fight my late grandmother fought for the last 20 months, valiant, courageous, and refusing to let go until the higher power conceived it was time to move on.

Any of us who have played, or love this game are big on superstition. Tonight, she was our inspiration as to all get together as a family and enjoy this amazing night in Blues history in her honor, and for all the rest of us who have been passed down this wonderful, though at times maddening gift of Blues hockey through the ones we have loved and lost through the years, this was a special one for them as well.

LGB!!!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just ended watching a game. 2 periods I watched at night after go sleep. This team has it. All the odds was favoring when we dominate Dallas willl score at the end, but this team shows they are winners. That 3rd line has become our saviour when 1st and 2nd line can't score.

Thomas has rise in another level.

In future western finals that Thomas get change to play 1st line powerplay. Thomas is game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad