Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF GAME 7: Blues vs. Stars | NBCSN 7pm | Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
MWDIVLIUN5FL5NGEOPOT37RYQY.jpg

"They said that Patrick Maroon was slow! They said Patrick Maroon wasn't skilled! They said he was only good because he played with Taylor Hall and Connor McDavid. That he was a plug."

But seriously, couldn't be more happy for Maroon. Lots of fans say they'd take less money to play at home, but very few people in real situations put their money where their mouth is. Maroon did, to play in front of his son, and to see him win the game, go through the handshake line hugging every single Stars player. That's something I'll never forget.

Oh yeah, and WE WON!

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
I had to go to bed after the 2nd, but throughout the night I had dreams and half-awake visions of reading articles about us winning in overtime. They were so persistent that by the time I woke up I Was totally at peace and convinced we won in overtime. Sure enough we did. Of course it's Maroon pulling a Brouwer to finish it. I liked how we played overall but we have to c lean up the sloppiness or we'll pay for it. Still, I thought the Stars did a good job overall of capitalizing on mistakes, so if we can survive them we can go all the way.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Couple of thoughts after waking up on cloud 9:

I think you can make the case the Blues lack that "killer instinct" game-to-game, but they have now dominated 2/2 elimination games on home ice. Bishop is the only reason this wasn't a comfortable win.

Pietrangelo was great pretty much all series, but particularly the last two games. He and Parayko definitely carried the load on the blue line.

Thomas is blossoming into a game changing player in front of our eyes. To have that impact on a game 7 at 19 years old? Pretty special.

Binnington might be a legit socio/psychopath, and I don't know what he projects to be long term, but he is the perfect goaltender for the postseason. Cool, calm, collected and doesn't let things snowball.

Maybe this year will finally be different. Maybe it won't. But this will certainly be one of the most memorable Blues seasons of my life.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
congrats blues! around jan 1st i was shaking my head how can a team this talented be sitting this low in the standings? after that you were the best team in hockey! awesome job keep er goin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad