Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF GAME 7: Blues vs. Stars | NBCSN 7pm | Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
members-of-the-st-louis-blues-jump-off-the-bench-after-beating-the-picture-id1142144796

lmao Blais
We are all Sammy Blais.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don't like to have to be the joy kill in moments such as these, and by no means do I mean to intend to be "that guy" now. But my wonderful grandmother who immigrated to St. Louis in 1931 from Verona, Italy with only her eldest and baby sister after the death of their mother and father, and were brought up through the foster care system in Overland, MO. finally succumbed on Friday to a nearly two year battle with bone cancer. She was 86 and was the most wonderful woman I will ever know (as I'm sure we all feel about our grandmother's). She and my grandfather were responsible for introducing Blues hockey to my father and and aunt and uncles', which they passed down to me and my siblings and cousins.

My father who is now 62 and retired living in Flagstaff, AZ got in town on Sunday just in time to for puck drop to watch game 6 with me and the lady friend and a couple life long buddies.

Last night's game and the effort displayed by the Blues was reminiscent of the fight my late grandmother fought for the last 20 months, valiant, courageous, and refusing to let go until the higher power conceived it was time to move on.

Any of us who have played, or love this game are big on superstition. Tonight, she was our inspiration as to all get together as a family and enjoy this amazing night in Blues history in her honor, and for all the rest of us who have been passed down this wonderful, though at times maddening gift of Blues hockey through the ones we have loved and lost through the years, this was a special one for them as well.

LGB!!!
Sorry for your loss, Scratch.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I’m gonna have a scraggly beard for my law school graduation love it.

Dude, congrats on surviving law school! I absolutely love my legal career, but despised law school.

Don't stress out too much over the bar exam. It's easy to let Kaplan/Barbri/whatever take over your life and stress you out in a way law school didn't. Remember: you know how to work hard, you know how to study and you know how to take a test. As much as they try to convince you otherwise, you can pass the bar without doing every bit of optional work possible.

Put in the work, but keep a good balance. Enjoy the playoff run, have some study time by the pool and remain social instead of holing yourself up and doing 12 hours of bar prep every day. You're going to kill it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Dude, congrats on surviving law school! I absolutely love my legal career, but despised law school.

Don't stress out too much over the bar exam. It's easy to let Kaplan/Barbri/whatever take over your life and stress you out in a way law school didn't. Remember: you know how to work hard, you know how to study and you know how to take a test. As much as they try to convince you otherwise, you can pass the bar without doing every bit of optional work possible.

Put in the work, but keep a good balance. Enjoy the playoff run, have some study time by the pool and remain social instead of holing yourself up and doing 12 hours of bar prep every day. You're going to kill it.
Thanks man! I actually didn’t hate law school that much but definitely looking forward to practicing.

And yeah, I’m not all that worried even though I probably should have a little more fear of the Bar to motivate me to study. But like, not to brag, but I’ve never been in the bottom 20% or whatever of my class.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Thanks man! I actually didn’t hate law school that much but definitely looking forward to practicing.

And yeah, I’m not all that worried even though I probably should have a little more fear of the Bar to motivate me to study. But like, not to brag, but I’ve never been in the bottom 20% or whatever of my class.

Nothing wrong with that attitude.

Are you taking the Missouri Bar?

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't like to have to be the joy kill in moments such as these, and by no means do I mean to intend to be "that guy" now. But my wonderful grandmother who immigrated to St. Louis in 1931 from Verona, Italy with only her eldest and baby sister after the death of their mother and father, and were brought up through the foster care system in Overland, MO. finally succumbed on Friday to a nearly two year battle with bone cancer. She was 86 and was the most wonderful woman I will ever know (as I'm sure we all feel about our grandmother's). She and my grandfather were responsible for introducing Blues hockey to my father and and aunt and uncles', which they passed down to me and my siblings and cousins.

My father who is now 62 and retired living in Flagstaff, AZ got in town on Sunday just in time to for puck drop to watch game 6 with me and the lady friend and a couple life long buddies.

Last night's game and the effort displayed by the Blues was reminiscent of the fight my late grandmother fought for the last 20 months, valiant, courageous, and refusing to let go until the higher power conceived it was time to move on.

Any of us who have played, or love this game are big on superstition. Tonight, she was our inspiration as to all get together as a family and enjoy this amazing night in Blues history in her honor, and for all the rest of us who have been passed down this wonderful, though at times maddening gift of Blues hockey through the ones we have loved and lost through the years, this was a special one for them as well.

LGB!!!

Terribly sorry for your loss.

Congratulations on the win last night, blues fans! Great series!

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
This seals it

Something is definitely wrong with this guy.

And I LOVE it
They always say that the goalies are the odd ones on the team. So I’d be worried if Binny wasn’t a little weird. Allen seemed like a pretty normal guy for a goalie and look at how good he is lol.

It was safe to say that Binny doesn’t celebrate much after goals, after Schwartz won the game 5 with 15 seconds left and Binnington skated directly off the ice lol

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
They always say that the goalies are the odd ones on the team. So I’d be worried if Binny wasn’t a little weird. Allen seemed like a pretty normal guy for a goalie and look at how good he is lol.

It was safe to say that Binny doesn’t celebrate much after goals, after Schwartz won the game 5 with 15 seconds left and Binnington skated directly off the ice lol

He had to go and recharge his batteries. And I don't mean that metphorically, the dude might actually be a robot.

Reactions: mk80 and RORbacon

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I’m not an overly emotional person, but I legitimately can’t watch that clip of Maroon’s kid bawling without getting a little misty-eyed myself. What a moment.

I can’t imagine anything more meaningful in life as a Dad than to have your son so proud of you that it brings tears to his eyes. That moment alone was probably worth every lost dollar than Pat could have earned elsewhere this year.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
What was question about Fortnite at end of video?

Btw Gloria song has been earworn whole day at work and I dont mind.

Last question was "And to clarify you were never nervous at any point in that game?". Nothing to do with Fortnite, just trying to create another meme-able moment.

Ha. I was the exact opposite. I enjoyed law school and hated being a lawyer. Granted, I hadn't learned how to work hard yet, and spent most of law school goofing off. I doubt I studied 12 hours total, much less per day, and was hungover for the 2nd day of the exam. I still have no clue how I passed.

My advice for @bluesfan94 , be more like Brian39 than me (that's probably good advice for anyone).

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Last question was "And to clarify you were never nervous at any point in that game?". Nothing to do with Fortnite, just trying to create another meme-able moment.

Ha. I was the exact opposite. I enjoyed law school and hated being a lawyer. Granted, I hadn't learned how to work hard yet, and spent most of law school goofing off. I doubt I studied 12 hours total, much less per day, and was hungover for the 2nd day of the exam. I still have no clue how I passed.

My advice for @bluesfan94 , be more like Brian39 than me (that's probably good advice for anyone).

I'm a litigator and I was so over school by the end of law school. I still hate sitting at my desk all day and greatly prefer being in court to research/writing/etc. I also didn't study as hard as I should have haha.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm a litigator and I was so over school by the end of law school. I still hate sitting at my desk all day and greatly prefer being in court to research/writing/etc. I also didn't study as hard as I should have haha.

My law school used the Socratic method, and the professors would drill you. So it was very much like appellate court. The research part was awful, but like I said, I was lazy did very minimal work outside of class. My experience with litigation as an actual attorney was all trial prep, which is a ton of research and desk work. I hated that aspect. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more as I got further in my career, but I worked for an attorney who was every negative lawyer stereotype rolled into one sleazeball and it hurt my soul working for him. He literally told me to have a friend come into the office so we could ... "find someone he could sue to make us both some money" because "everyone has a case somewhere strong enough to force a settlement" :banghead:. But I'm glad you enjoy what you do. Lawyers, when they have integrity, fill a crucial role for society, so I am glad there is at least one good one like you out there.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->