Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF GAME 7: Blues vs. Stars | NBCSN 7pm | Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
My law school used the Socratic method, and the professors would drill you. So it was very much like appellate court. The research part was awful, but like I said, I was lazy did very minimal work outside of class. My experience with litigation as an actual attorney was all trial prep, which is a ton of research and desk work. I hated that aspect. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more as I got further in my career, but I worked for an attorney who was every negative lawyer stereotype rolled into one sleazeball and it hurt my soul working for him. He literally told me to have a friend come into the office so we could ... "find someone he could sue to make us both some money" because "everyone has a case somewhere strong enough to force a settlement" :banghead:. But I'm glad you enjoy what you do. Lawyers, when they have integrity, fill a crucial role for society, so I am glad there is at least one good one like you out there.

Mine also used the Socratic method, but the number of cases you were required to read each night made it more of a grind than feeling like an appellate court. The routine of "go to class and maybe get called on, read my 100 pages today, sleep, go to class and maybe get called on, read my 100 pages..." got old very quickly for me. Once I started the defense clinic and then interning at a DA's office, my will to keep up with the in-class work plummeted.

That attitude you described is exactly why I gravitated towards criminal work instead of civil. I'm a prosecutor in a small town and I serve under an incredible elected DA who consistently reminds us that we are here to do what is just, whether that is fighting hard for a conviction as charged, an outright dismissal or some type of agreement. It's a fantastic work environment and makes the work a hell of a lot more satisfying than "let's make some money." I prosecute 1000+ cases a year, so my trial prep consists of much less research/desk work than you get on the civil side of the law.

Thanks for the kind words. With that, we've gone way OT, so I'm going to tie it back to the Blues.

Good god last night was fun. I still have a stupid grin on my face and am very happy to have a slow day today.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
From this day forward, no one is allowed to say anything even remotely negative about Pat Maroon ever again. We finally have a finisher and you'd better believe that he's my hero.

HAIL TO ALL OUR HEROES OF OAKLAND AVENUE AND BELIEVE IN THE NOTE!

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Bishop's miraculous goaltending is all over the Dallas news of course...

#HolyGoalie: Twitter reacts to Bishop's Game 7 brilliance
The Stars goaltender won the hearts of many on social media during his masterful effort against the Blues.

Hm... Bishop gave up 6 goals in the last 2 games to Binnington's 2.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Bishop's miraculous goaltending is all over the Dallas news of course...

#HolyGoalie: Twitter reacts to Bishop's Game 7 brilliance
The Stars goaltender won the hearts of many on social media during his masterful effort against the Blues.

Hm... Bishop gave up 6 goals in the last 2 games to Binnington's 2.
Binnington had the better save percentage yesterday. But I don't begrudge Bishop getting recognized for playing at an elite level in the most important game, especially when the rest of his team was being handled so well.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Binnington had the better save percentage yesterday. But I don't begrudge Bishop getting recognized for playing at an elite level in the most important game, especially when the rest of his team was being handled so well.
Finding the silver lining in loss is OK. Binnington was the stronger goalie imho especially during the last two games when it really mattered.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Benn quite motional.

tenor.gif

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Mine also used the Socratic method, but the number of cases you were required to read each night made it more of a grind than feeling like an appellate court. The routine of "go to class and maybe get called on, read my 100 pages today, sleep, go to class and maybe get called on, read my 100 pages..." got old very quickly for me. Once I started the defense clinic and then interning at a DA's office, my will to keep up with the in-class work plummeted.

That attitude you described is exactly why I gravitated towards criminal work instead of civil. I'm a prosecutor in a small town and I serve under an incredible elected DA who consistently reminds us that we are here to do what is just, whether that is fighting hard for a conviction as charged, an outright dismissal or some type of agreement. It's a fantastic work environment and makes the work a hell of a lot more satisfying than "let's make some money." I prosecute 1000+ cases a year, so my trial prep consists of much less research/desk work than you get on the civil side of the law.

Thanks for the kind words. With that, we've gone way OT, so I'm going to tie it back to the Blues.

Good god last night was fun. I still have a stupid grin on my face and am very happy to have a slow day today.
Not gonna lie, I'd love to it down and have a couple beers and hear some law stories. My dad's a retired police officer and he used to have us rolling with some of his stories. And then some others...well let's just saw they taught us kids some important lessons.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Gotta give Thomas some more credit on that goal. He was an inch from beating Bishop clean in the top corner. Thomas played a terrific game and deserves as much credit as Maroon for the win imho.
Thomas is going to be a superstar, no doubt about it, he is the REAL DEAL!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Welp it seems that my suspicion of San Jose being a city full of ****ty people was just about spot on. Those boys on the San Jose forum are, well, exactly what I thought they'd be.
was funny watching them whine about the officials after G6.

they have gotten spoon fed by the zebras for 2 g7's now and they will still whine about any call. they would be golfing weeks ago if not for a clueless ref, who btw is no longer allowed to officiate playoff games this year, seeing some blood and making up a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad