GDT: WCSF Game #6 SHARKS @ Predators May 9, 2016 6:00pm PDT CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Sharks were a whopping -31 corsi tonight. NSH had 41 scoring chances, sharks had 20. 13-5 high danger chances. They were even out hit 39-23 while getting dominated in possession.

When you play like ****, you should expect to lose. They had no business winning this game.

I knew possession numbers were bad but sheesh :shakehead

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Losing Nieto was a big deal because all 4 lines were rolling and the Predators couldn't keep up until they got the lucky goal off Pavelski's skate and Nieto crashed into the post...

Playing with a short bench against a desperate team is not an easy task. We didn't play our best game once we had to shuffle the bottom 6.

We'll be better in Game 7 and we'll move along to the Conference Finals. I'm excited to have home ice and pick the match ups, Nashville has had a hard time with us when we get to pick the match ups.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
They were supposed to be one and done this year in the PO's if they made it at all :laugh:

Yeah but it's the Preds of all teams and Mike Freakin Fisher doing it to them who's best attribute is being married to Carrie Underwood. Preds have pretty much got nothing from 3 of their 4 centermen and have taken it to 7 games. Ryjo would have been invisable again tonight had it not been for Jones giving him a freebee. And is Riberio even playing?

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I think it's strange that no one is mentioning the obvious: the home team is winning because both teams are very evenly matched and the home team has the match up advantage.

The idea that the entire team decided to play lazy is crazypants. Good teams look bad when they get shut down -- Nashville has looked much better than the Sharks at home and the Sharks, with the exception of Game 2, have looked much better than Nashville at home. I think people are underestimating how good Nashville is -- particularly their defensemen.

I'm angry but still optimistic.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sharks are gonna get booed off the ice on Thursday and the tank is gonna be half full next year.

I don't care how harsh this sounds, but they damn well deserve to get booed off the ice if they lose on Thursday.

2-0 lead in the series, 2-0 lead in game 6 when they could have won the series. Both of them pissed away.

They haven't even been the better team in this series, in a series where they absolutely should be.

bigflip187

Apr 25, 2016
no they don't. teams that get that bad reffing lose critical games, the ducks had it happen to them in the first round too and they lost the series because of it. we may have the same happen to us.

**** this ********.

Quit whining about the refs it just looks bad. Way too much of that going on. Thats not why these guys lost. Sharks just got outplayed so bad tonight, but no way are they going to lose to the preds on home ice in a game 7. Pav joe burns and the rest will blow them out by at least 3.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't care how harsh this sounds, but they damn well deserve to get booed off the ice if they lose on Thursday.

2-0 lead in the series, 2-0 lead in game 6 when they could have won the series. Both of them pissed away.

They haven't even been the better team in this series, in a series where they absolutely should be.

Can we still boo them if they win?

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
If Jackman ends up scoring the GWG in game 7 I just want you guys to know I love you all and I bequeath my Seinfeld jokes to anyone who will have them. In leiu of flowers, firebomb all the referees houses and make shorks great again.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Yeah but it's the Preds of all teams and Mike Freakin Fisher doing it to them who's best attribute is being married to Carrie Underwood. Preds have pretty much got nothing from 3 of their 4 centermen and have taken it to 7 games. Ryjo would have been invisable again tonight had it not been for Jones giving him a freebee. And is Riberio even playing?

They beat the Ducks. Sounds like you've got a personal issue with the Preds.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
yeah, an assist on what should've been the GWG, ****ing terrible waive him NOWZ

That is a bit of stat-counting. Thornton as the very definition of a passenger on that goal; a gift-wrap from Rinne. You want to count his empty-netter in game 2 as well?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I hate watching them score 3 goals, have the lead twice and lose. That just can't happen.

I blame Deboer for this loss. Stack the lines. You don't play till Thursday. Should've been no melker no zubrus no spaling after going up 3-2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we still boo them if they win?

I'll take a win any which way, but this shouldn't have went 7 games after the circumstances in which the series started. 2-0 lead in the series, 2-0 lead in a game where they could clinch.

It's one thing if it's going back and forth to a game 7, but the multi game blown lead doesn't sit well with me. I was annoyed that it took 7 to take down Detroit in 2011, when closing them out in 5 could have been an advantage over a Vancouver team that almost blew a 3-0 series lead in the first round that year.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007

That wasn't all on Jones. There's a search party still wondering where Braun's jock went.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Quit whining about the refs it just looks bad. Way too much of that going on. Thats not why these guys lost. Sharks just got outplayed so bad tonight, but no way are they going to lose to the preds on home ice in a game 7. Pav joe burns and the rest will blow them out by at least 3.

the refs were a MAJOR factor in tonight's game, way more than everyone is saying. this was a one goal OT game, the sharks do not need a lot of chances on the PP to change the score or the momentum of the game. and on the other side, actually penalizing the preds for their over the line play keeps them honest on their over the line play.

that changes the game ENTIRELY. allowing them to just play illegally is an absolute farce and absolutely favors them.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I hate watching them score 3 goals, have the lead twice and lose. That just can't happen.

I blame Deboer for this loss. Stack the lines. You don't play till Thursday. Should've been no melker no zubrus no spaling after going up 3-2

yeah really, he was playing fire with Nashville's top line all night and the the Spaling/Ward/Tierney line was getting pinned each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland