GDT: WCSF Game #6 SHARKS @ Predators May 9, 2016 6:00pm PDT CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Deserved to lose that one **** refs aside. Outplayed completely from start to finish. Preds played like their season was on the line, Sharks played like next round of beers was on the line.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Jones will probably still start game 7, but giving up a goal like that after the Sharks had a couple really good chances to end it should have him riding the pine.

crunchyblack*

They all looked like passengers out there. None of them could pass, none of them skated, none of them gave two ****s to battle on the boards. What the **** was that **** I just watched? Jumbo looked like a confused old piece of garbage all night. Hertl didn't even play up to ECHL standards, pavs was more or less a non factor, Braun and vlasic were third pairing material, Dillon and his ****** partner wouldnt have even made a timbit hockey squad. Holy ****ing hell I'm tilted. What a complete and utter embarrassment topped off by some ****** Reffing. Wheres the ****ing Tylenol.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Why did Marleau stop skating on his half-breakaway? Did he just remember that he had forgotten to lock his car?

Dillon, Polak, Vlasic, and Braun made huge mistakes tonight.

I thought Couture and Donskoi looked good. Tierney was also fairly solid. But not much positive to say about the rest of the forwards...

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Good teams fight through horrible reffing. The sharks got outplayed for 2.5 periods.

no they don't. teams that get that bad reffing lose critical games, the ducks had it happen to them in the first round too and they lost the series because of it. we may have the same happen to us.

**** this ********.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Sharks got killed tonight, I haven't seen the numbers but possession numbers had to be really bad. They were lucky to take it to OT.

Way too much forced board play and the Preds were shutting it down and feeding the transition, killed us all night. We looked like a Todd McLellan team out there.

oyster

Jan 19, 2011
Turnovers.
Turnovers.
Turnovers.
Turnovers.
Turnovers.
Turnovers.
Turnovers.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Jones let in 3 softies tonight. hard to win when that happens from your goalie.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fire Wilson. A better gm avoids this problem by not getting Spaling, dillon and polak instead of actual difference-makers.

I want half this ****ing team gone if they blow this series.

Series shouldn't have went to 7 games after being up 2 games to 0

This game shouldn't have went to OT after being up 2-0. This team can't hold close leads after the first 2 games. And they can't hold a lead in the series either.

They've already played more games than they should have had to, even if they win this round. This is just like when they were up 3 games to 0 in 2011 on Detroit and needed 7 games to close it out. I'm not even confident they win game 7. I'm no better than 50% sure they do.

TexasShark

Jul 21, 2006
Nashville exposed a weakness in Jones. Martin is going to have to work on shots over the glove, otherwise it will be a longer season next year than he wants.

Go back and look throughout the season, he's been getting beaten over the glove all the time, surprised it's not been brought up more before now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was the worst game of the series, I feel like every game (minus game 5) they seem to get worse. Game 4 wasn't that bad, but games 2 and 3 were awful.

Outplayed from the 10 minute mark onward.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Deserved to lose that one **** refs aside. Outplayed completely from start to finish. Preds played like their season was on the line, Sharks played like next round of beers was on the line.

We were playing fine until Dillon and Jones **** themselves on the 1st goal. Then Nieto got hurt and it was all downhill from there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Did I see someone actually advocate trading Vlasic?

Yes, let's trade the olympic calibre shutdown d-man. Because that will solve everything.

I get that people want to go full emo and rant and rave and whine after losses, but presumably you should still have a brain in your head at that same time. Christ.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Dillon was god awful this game.

I don't think Dillon is a playoff guy.

Nashville is a tough team to beat when their forechecking is working, and their executing traps of the opponents on entry. That and strong goaltending is basically their game.

However, this loss is due to Jones with two soft goals, and Sharks not skating in the 2nd, 3rd, and OT periods. I would say that of all the playoff games, DeBoer probably likes his team's performance the least for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad