WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
He was injured for a month and then benched for a month, so yeah, he hasn't had a great year. I still don't think Muzzin has been that more spectacular than him in the playoffs. And what about game 1 vs the Sharks, doesn't that count? Muzzin has made way more brainless miscues over the course of these playoffs then Martinez. His numbers don't show it cause Doughty or Quick are usually always there to bail him out.

Despite the fact that neither of them have been amazing and have made mistakes, if the roles were reversed and Muzzin had that -3 game, do you think Sutter would've benched him?

Don't think so, Muzzin consistently plays 20+ mins a night...He is one of the few healthy defenders that is playing ok.

A-Mart would have too fill those minutes. A-Mart hasn't played 20+ Mins(consistently) in a long time.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Mitchell is 210lbs. Let's not exaggerate to make your point. Besides, Regehr is bigger, tougher and the better fighter of the two.

Also like half the Defender.....Regehr is not even on the same planet as Mitchell.

You talking about Regehr Six years ago ?

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fraser and King need to sit, Vey and Pearson would be more effective. That roughing Fraser took was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen all year. Martinez needs to be back in the lineup, there was no reason Muzzin should've missed that open net.

Fraser is brutal. He's been a neutral player: 50% helping the Kings and 50% helping the Sharks, so it's 4.5 on 5.5, which mathematically is 1.0 man short! I am glad he will not be back next year. I would put Vey in game 5.

I watched the replay of Muzzin's muff...and the puck was fully perpendicular; and even bouncing, or off the ice as well. It was more circumstantial, than him blowing it. I thing the same result would have happened to about anyone. I give him credit for crashing the net and going deep in the zone all of the third period.

Props to Brad Richardson. Good effort again. I am glad to see King off of line 2.
I have a feeling it will stay that way and expect Penner to open on line 2 and stay there. Penner hasn't been all that great and not as effective as in the St Louis series...but he's not alone in that category. Good to see Kopitar skating again.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Stay on point! You made WM sound like he's some HUGE intimidating dman and I made corrections to your post.

Ok so he is listed at 210 lbs....

Mitchell still plays a pretty gritty game....Unless we are talking about some other Mitchell

Pretty sure most people would say WM is pretty intimidating.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
20 coaches in here, with their line ideas and who to trade, who to sit, who's better than who, when. Easy being a coach with zero accountability.

Just relax.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Ok so he is listed at 210 lbs....

Mitchell still plays a pretty gritty game....Unless we are talking about some other Mitchell

Yeah, but he's not the reason that Quick is being physically harassed by the opponents. If anything, it's because they now know that Quick's got bit of a short fuse and they're trying to mess with his head.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
20 coaches in here, with their line ideas and who to trade, who to sit, who's better than who, when. Easy being a coach with zero accountability.

Just relax.

Normal for this board.

Something to talk about at least.

Cause the Kings sure didn't show up for 40 mins.

At least the players in the post game comments didn't dodge the poor start questions.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Yeah, but he's not the reason that Quick is being physically harassed by the opponents. If anything, it's because they now know that Quick's got bit of a short fuse and they're trying to mess with his head.

It's because that's the only way they will beat him. Quick doesn't have a "short fuse". That has to be on of the most inaccurate things. Come on.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There really isn't anyone to replace that center position. Even though Nolan is a natural center, he won't cut it down the middle. Maybe one of the black aces? But that's asking a lot from a rookie.

Fraser has been detrimental. I would put in Linden Vey in game 5. Or put Richardson at center and put Nolan or Pearson back in and put Fraser in the stands.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
It's because that's the only way they will beat him. Quick doesn't have a "short fuse". That has to be on of the most inaccurate things. Come on.

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it isn't because of Willie Mitchell that's all. As for Quick's short fuse...I have to say his demeanor does concern me a bit.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

He just gets competitive, Quick looked pretty cool tonight. Like the Sucker punch he gave Wingles.

That was pretty funny.

Also he tossed that Pavs shot right back to the circle...That was pretty cool.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Kings have some issues with game 4's. Since 93 they have only three game 4 wins, last two against Blues.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
Cause the Kings sure didn't show up for 40 mins.
They didn't show up for 30 minutes and dominated the last 20. A Sharks fan could say their team left after 40 minutes. This game was 2-2 and should've been 3-2 for Kings if Muzzin had a shot worth a penny. To miss by that much so close to the goal is an accomplishment. Not to mention the BS call on Fraser that led to a PP goal.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it isn't because of Willie Mitchell that's all. As for Quick's short fuse...I have to say his demeanor does concern me a bit.

He's probably pissed off. But, I'm not worried.. he's been the only reason the Kings are having any kind of playoff success. When he starts to not care that's when you can be worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad