WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
That third was the best 20 minutes I've seen Richards play as a King. Needs to turn it into 60 minutes in Game 5.

And the best Kopi has looked since last years finals.

If they both play like that the Kings win game 5, probably by a couple of goals, if they play like they did the first 40, we lose. I really think it's that simple.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Kings have scored 1 goal in 4 out of 5 road games and quick has only given up two goals in all of them. Quick will never say anything about the lack of offense, but the kings are wasting another stellar playoff performance by quick.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Btw, if what happened to LA tonight happened to a Canadian team, this would be all over the news. Good on TSN to tackle this issue and keep talking about it. I'm happy that they agree with the fact that the Kings got blatantly robbed.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Martinez has no one to blame but himself for not playing. He was scratched most of the season, got a chance earlier in the playoffs, was average to below average and then he was the worst player on the ice in game 2 and likely sealed his fate. With MG back he is further down the depth chart. They clearly prefer Muzzin.

The difference is that Martinez gets 1 strike and Muzzin gets 20. It's ridiculous.

And it's not just with this either. King is finally switched out with Penner on the 2nd line and amazingly the line becomes so much better. Why did this take so long? What did King and Muzzin do to deserve all this time and these chances?

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
The difference is that Martinez gets 1 strike and Muzzin gets 20. It's ridiculous.

And it's not just with this either. King is finally switched out with Penner on the 2nd line and amazingly the line becomes so much better. Why did this take so long? What did King and Muzzin do to deserve all this time and these chances?

To be fair muzzins been playing well. This maybe the worst season in AMs career.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

Exactly! Guys like Amart and Penner have a much shorter leash than King and Muzzin. Why???? It's really a head-scratcher.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Fraser and King need to sit, Vey and Pearson would be more effective. That roughing Fraser took was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen all year. Martinez needs to be back in the lineup, there was no reason Muzzin should've missed that open net.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
I'm going to take my liberties as a female and be a little bipolar here.

The negative. Screw that the refs just stole another chance to win for us. An unnecessary 5 on 3 in OT last game to steal momentum and now a straight robbery on Pancake's goal. It hurts. This series could easily be 3-1 if not better than that.

However, I guess my negative is also positive (the optimist in me never dies!). This series could easily be 3-1 and possibly should be if not for one-sided calls. The Kings are a strong team. We are headed back home, where we have been phenomenal, and just have to take two out of the next three.

I think this Kings team, under Sutter, can do this.

After we pushed through the Blues, I would hate to see us drop it to SJ.

But then again (more optimism!), even if we did, we won the cup last year in a cannot be matched fashion, we've made it half way deep in the follow up year which is hard to do, and we have a team that is set up to be a strong contender for years to come. The future is bright, regardless.

My eyes are still on this series. I think we have it. I think Quick will refuse to let it go. In the end, when we advance, I will look back on THAT HORRIBLE CALL and laugh and laugh and laugh on my way to the next cup rally.

Just keep believing. This team is worthy of it.

Go Kings!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
To be fair muzzins been playing well. This maybe the worst season in AMs career.

Muzzin was horrible against the Blues, bad matchup for him, but he has been much better against the Sharks.

Martinez was embarrassed by Scott Gomez in game 2, Scott Gomez...............

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
The Jarret Stoll injury is really hurting us. Dwight King has been HORRIBLE all year and especially the playoffs, I don't know how this guy is still in the top 6. Sometimes I question Sutter's decision-making, if Martinez doesn't play another game, then he is over-thinking the whole situation.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Quick has been great, Offense needs more, More Carter please.

Kings will be kicking themselves if they waste this stellar post season Quick is putting together.

You never know if He will have numbers like this again....

cneil99

Jul 7, 2007
I'm so frustrated right now mainly with letting the sharks back in this series. The terrible reffing hasn't helped but the sharks are getting the bounces. Hopefully the horseshoe is out of their a** now and we can take it in 6. I wanted this over in 5

jml87

Jun 27, 2011

Well it's not like Amart has actually been given a chance. If he had the rope that Muzzin has had all season he would've been fine.

And define well cause I'm still seeing way too many turnovers and panic moves by him. That empty net miss was a killer. His saving grace is his ability to shoot and he doesn't have a single goal these playoffs. I'm just tired of him. I tried to give him a chance but he's not doing anything that's justifying all these minutes Sutter is giving him. It's stupid.

Asheru

Jun 28, 2011

Both of these things are strange.

Let's not go down the road like Sutter never makes mistakes either, because Sutter himself will go back and say he made them. I respect Sutter, but I don't get it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Pretty sure Sutter will sit Fraser,

But who plays center ? Richardson is just not a good center man.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Btw, if what happened to LA tonight happened to a Canadian team, this would be all over the news. Good on TSN to tackle this issue and keep talking about it. I'm happy that they agree with the fact that the Kings got blatantly robbed.

Same thing happened when the Sharks played the Canucks in the first round and the national media ignored it.

San Jose was clearly the better team against Vancouver, but they were diving all over the ice and benefited from a ton of questionable calls. That's the main reason so many Vancouver fans have jumped on the Kings bandwagon.

I still like the Kings chances in this series. Like so many of you have said, it's now a best of 3 and LA has home ice advantage. I feel like the Kings stole the momentum back towards the end of the game, and Niemi still looks pretty shaky to me.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well it's not like Amart has actually been given a chance. If he had the rope that Muzzin has had all season he would've been fine.

And define well cause I'm still seeing way too many turnovers and panic moves by him. That empty net miss was a killer. His saving grace is his ability to shoot and he doesn't have a single goal these playoffs. I'm just tired of him. I tried to give him a chance but he's not doing anything that's justifying all these minutes Sutter is giving him. It's stupid.

A-Mart hasn't ether, the Guy has been terrible 5 on 5.

So it's pick your poison really. That 6-0 Record every one harps on was with Muzzin playing more minutes than A-Mart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad