WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
If we showed up in the first, we win that game. Would have been nice to steal that one with a correct call, but no excuses. We played a good 2nd and a great 3rd.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sharks did what they are suppose to, win both home games.

Next game , show some effort Kings(To START).

KingKopitar11*

Don't know why it took so long to get Penner on line two. Hopefully he remains on line two for the next game and Fraser is gone.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Reffing will be much better in Game 5. Just gotta go back home and win on even ground.

Yeah, we gotta improve our reffing game lol!

But, truthfully I think it was a mistake to come home during the break. The Kings inexplicably traveled more than the Sharks. The Kings looked jet lagged in the first.

Martinez in for somebody please! He has the pixie dust!!!

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Yet once again, I'm left waiting for the Kings to "play their best." The 3rd period was a good start, let's hope it carries over to game five in period #1.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not blaming anything on Muzzin, but why isn't Amart being paired up with Greene?

Come on DS!!! Get your **** together!!!

Greene was pretty bad, and slow....Like slower than Regehr.

Muzzin looked great in the third, he had the Green light.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's puzzling how this team continues to have very slow starts. I can't recall the last time it was the Kings that came on strong from the drop of the puck. This team needs a killer instinct and attitude.

Look at how different the second line looked when Penner was put on there. Keep that line intact for Game 5 and take it to the Sharks. Despite a horrendous first half of the game, the Kings were within reach to tie or win this game.

I expect a significantly better effort on Thursday.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
You guys can blame me work kept me away for the first 2 periods.:sarcasm: honestly it was a blur from work but i joined just before the disallowed goal.

What i saw i liked, what i didn't see...well maybe it's a good thing i didn't see it.

Update on my NHL.com posting about the refs -8 :laugh:

misch13vousmike

Aug 26, 2011
Hollywood, CA
Kopi seemed like he showed up in the third. Martinez in for muzzin PLEASE!!!! Greene looked ok. And SMH ing still at first period and most of all the early whistle.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The 3rd period was crucial. Let's just hope we can sustain that dominance and the Sharks don't make any adjustments.

I've been on both ends of a blown 2-0 series lead (Clippers and Kings) in two sports this spring. I'm getting nervous now, but at least that 3rd period gave us some encouragement that we can finally control the Sharks' pressure.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just gonna copy my main board post in tribute to our effort :sarcasm:

series is as we expected...very back and forth. One minute, your team looks unbeatable, the next, the other team is giving it right back. Love it, it's bad for my heart. Best of 3 now boys, hold onto your beers!

(series this close means bad calls hurt so much more. nothing to do but fight through it. best of 3 with home rink advantage. Let's do this!)

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Jeebus. It's hard to get over that disallowed goal. It'd be easier if Richards' hadn't scored and the Kings' hadn 't mounted such an effort in the 3rd.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
I liked having Greene back. He's a tone setter with the physical play. muZzin was buzzing in the offensive zone. Refs were BAD but the kings first period was worse! Both teams have won at home if that trend continues we advance to WCF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad