WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Was this discussed on the GDT. Did the Kings have their timeout, or did they use it earlier in the game?

After Marleau's shot was stopped by Quick, there was like 1:40 left and the Kings elected to not use a timeout and sent out KYLE CLIFFORD and two other guys, I think Lewis and King maybe. I'm sorry, but if they had their TO the Kings should have used it, and bought time for one of their offensive lines to be more rested.

I just don't get the Clifford love, if there is favoritism for King and Muzzin, there certainly is for Clifford also. Atleast Muzzin has a booming shot and King can cycle the puck. What on Earth is Clifford adding to this team???

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Pretty sure Sutter will sit Fraser,

But who plays center ? Richardson is just not a good center man.

There really isn't anyone to replace that center position. Even though Nolan is a natural center, he won't cut it down the middle. Maybe one of the black aces? But that's asking a lot from a rookie.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Sharks don't really scare me. It's the Kings and their lack of effort that is concerning. Look at the difference in both teams when the Kings start playing like they're capable of.

I think the Kings can take Game 5 and they will put up their best showing in the playoffs. Judging from some of the post game comments, it seems like there are leaders on this team that will not stand for an effort like that again.

This is the beauty with the playoffs, with all of the drama and story going into each game. The Sharks fans think they got screwed over in Game 2. Kings fans now think the same with Games 3 and 4. In the end, the calls even out and the players can't use it as a crutch the excuse them for a crappy effort.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
memo to sutter
king needs to sit

LOL-BRAH-NOT-GONNA-HAPPEN.jpg

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
I'm going to take my liberties as a female and be a little bipolar here.

The negative. Screw that the refs just stole another chance to win for us. An unnecessary 5 on 3 in OT last game to steal momentum and now a straight robbery on Pancake's goal. It hurts. This series could easily be 3-1 if not better than that.

However, I guess my negative is also positive (the optimist in me never dies!). This series could easily be 3-1 and possibly should be if not for one-sided calls. The Kings are a strong team. We are headed back home, where we have been phenomenal, and just have to take two out of the next three.

I think this Kings team, under Sutter, can do this.

After we pushed through the Blues, I would hate to see us drop it to SJ.

But then again (more optimism!), even if we did, we won the cup last year in a cannot be matched fashion, we've made it half way deep in the follow up year which is hard to do, and we have a team that is set up to be a strong contender for years to come. The future is bright, regardless.

My eyes are still on this series. I think we have it. I think Quick will refuse to let it go. In the end, when we advance, I will look back on THAT HORRIBLE CALL and laugh and laugh and laugh on my way to the next cup rally.

Just keep believing. This team is worthy of it.

Go Kings!

This

And may the All-mighty Carter Bless thee with the Wrist Shot, the Slap Shot, and the Hat-Trick Spirit. Goal. :bow:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Was this discussed on the GDT. Did the Kings have their timeout, or did they use it earlier in the game?

After Marleau's shot was stopped by Quick, there was like 1:40 left and the Kings elected to not use a timeout and sent out KYLE CLIFFORD and two other guys, I think Lewis and King maybe. I'm sorry, but if they had their TO the Kings should have used it, and bought time for one of their offensive lines to be more rested.

I just don't get the Clifford love, if there is favoritism for King and Muzzin, there certainly is for Clifford also. Atleast Muzzin has a booming shot and King can cycle the puck. What on Earth is Clifford adding to this team???

Pretty sure Sutter used his timeout in the second on an icing.

Probably put them out there cause they have fresh legs.

Look at the shifts, Sutter played two lines for the last 5 mins.(almost anyway)..

jml87

Jun 27, 2011

That was weird, too. They've got a minute left and Clifford and King are out there. Just... :help:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well Scuds post game comments are spot on,

Scuds "We didn't learn our lesson from last game". Poor starts.

Scuds "We are going to be trailing in this series real fast, if we play like that again".

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Let's stay positive. Kopitar became more of an offensive force. Williams and Brown just need to stop standing and waiting for a pass but Kopitar will get them moving.

DD playing remarkable.

Maybe I'm just happy because I got a carb reefed day today but I'm still positive.

Muzzfan

Mar 10, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Not gonna lie, that disallowed goal pissed me off.

Mostly though, I'm tired of the Sharks hitting Quick's head. Galiardi's stick smacks his head about 2 seconds before Bruns scores.

Glad he punched Wingels to get the referrees attention. It isn't okay when he does it, but it was for others to do it to him.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
A-Mart hasn't ether, the Guy has been terrible 5 on 5.

So it's pick your poison really. That 6-0 Record every one harps on was with Muzzin playing more minutes than A-Mart.

Was he really all that terrible besides Game 2? It was one game, which we won anyway. It is ridiculous to think that Martinez is some sort of magical piece which will be inserted and the Kings will win every game but when you are 6-0 with the guy and 0-4 without him, he's got to be given just a little bit of credit for that.

Bottom line and the point I'm trying to get across is if Muzzin had that -3 in game 2, I believe he still would've been out there the next game and I think that's ridiculous. It's the same thing with King getting top 6 minutes, it doesn't make sense.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Mike Richards comment about poor start.

“We obviously, like you said, didn’t have a start that we wanted to. Just turning pucks over and slow moving. I think I got my pocket picked about three times in one shift, which is a little bit embarrassing. It just shows that you can’t play a half a hockey in the playoffs. I thought we did some good things in the second half of the game, and it’s something that we have to carry over Thursday night at home.â€

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Fraser is providing nothing, same with Clifford. I thought it was a crazy idea after game 1, but I would go to Vey now.

Last year the Kings 4th line was a huge strength, this is the second straight series we have gotten nothing from them, while the other team is getting solid shifts.

I saw some highlights of the 2011 series earlier today, boy would be nice to have that Clifford.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Was he really all that terrible besides Game 2? It was one game, which we won anyway. It is ridiculous to think that Martinez is some sort of magical piece which will be inserted and the Kings will win every game but when you are 6-0 with the guy and 0-4 without him, he's got to be given just a little bit of credit for that.

Bottom line and the point I'm trying to get across is if Muzzin had that -3 in game 2, he believe he still would've been out there the next game and I think that's ridiculous. It's the same thing with King getting top 6 minutes, it doesn't make sense.

A-Mart is really good at turning the puck up ice. Helps the transition game.

But he is just not good defending this year. The Sharks feasted on him.

He also took two stick fouls, due to him getting beat. It's been a bad year for A-Mart.

Sutter has even limited his starts to O zone/PP he doesn't PK a whole lot.

Sutter has even limited his minutes, But A-Mart has just had a really poor year.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Fraser is providing nothing, same with Clifford. I thought it was a crazy idea after game 1, but I would go to Vey now.

Last year the Kings 4th line was a huge strength, this is the second straight series we have gotten nothing from them, while the other team is getting solid shifts.

I saw some highlights of the 2011 series earlier today, boy would be nice to have that Clifford.

It's just strange how the same guys can be just not effective at all in limited roles....

Nolan has had a bad season as well.

The Kings are having to play three lines from the second period on, that has to be taxing.

Last edited:

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Not gonna lie, that disallowed goal pissed me off.

Mostly though, I'm tired of the Sharks hitting Quick's head. Galiardi's stick smacks his head about 2 seconds before Bruns scores.

Glad he punched Wingels to get the referrees attention. It isn't okay when he does it, but it was for others to do it to him.

Last year, no one touched our goalie. Every whistle we were there, mean and pushing people who came close Can't say that this year. There is no Snarl to our D Core. They're tight on D, but they're not mean. Hopefully Greene can influence Regher to change that.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Last year, no one touched our goalie. Every whistle we were there, mean and pushing people who came close Can't say that this year. There is no Snarl to our D Core. They're tight on D, but they're not mean. Hopefully Greene can influence Regher to change that.

Mitchell,

Teams are not too keen to step around the net with Willie Mitchell and his 230lbs frame smacking you.

I miss watching Mitchell play. Very Underrated

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
A-Mart is really good at turning the puck up ice. Helps the transition game.

But he is just not good defending this year. The Sharks feasted on him.

He also took two stick fouls, due to him getting beat. It's been a bad year for A-Mart.

Sutter has even limited his starts to O zone/PP he doesn't PK a whole lot.

Sutter has even limited his minutes, But A-Mart has just had a really poor year.

He was injured for a month and then benched for a month, so yeah, he hasn't had a great year. I still don't think Muzzin has been that more spectacular than him in the playoffs. And what about game 1 vs the Sharks, doesn't that count? Muzzin has made way more brainless miscues over the course of these playoffs then Martinez. His numbers don't show it cause Doughty or Quick are usually always there to bail him out.

Despite the fact that neither of them have been amazing and have made mistakes, if the roles were reversed and Muzzin had that -3 game, do you think Sutter would've benched him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad