GDT: WCSF Game 3: Blues @ Stars | 7pm CT (NBCSN) | Road Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Yo-yos come back up. Our absolutely embarassment of a fan base (as least as represented by the most active posters in these GDTs) are all down on the Blues all the time. Back-handed compliments like "about time he did something" or "how long til we blow this lead" do not count as being "up".

I watched the game and enjoyed it. I was upbeat and happy most of the game, absent a few tense moments. Then after the game, I read through this cluster**** of a thread and I am miserable. I truly hate having to ignore people, but I need to. From now on, anyone who uses a derogatory nickname for a Blues player or who calls a Blues loss when we are tied or winning is on perma-ignore. I'd 100% rather watch a game with a bunch of Stars fans than with those posters.
Absolutely agree. This board is insufferable when the Blues aren't completely dominating the play. I rarely even look at the GDTs during the game anymore. It's pathetic.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Yo-yos come back up. Our absolutely embarassment of a fan base (as least as represented by the most active posters in these GDTs) are all down on the Blues all the time. Back-handed compliments like "about time he did something" or "how long til we blow this lead" do not count as being "up".

I watched the game and enjoyed it. I was upbeat and happy most of the game, absent a few tense moments. Then after the game, I read through this cluster**** of a thread and I am miserable. I truly hate having to ignore people, but I need to. From now on, anyone who uses a derogatory nickname for a Blues player or who calls a Blues loss when we are tied or winning is on perma-ignore. I'd 100% rather watch a game with a bunch of Stars fans than with those posters.

While I respect your view and the passion for the team, I personally don’t ignore folks due to the spontaneous joy they bring when things finally DO GO RIGHT like tonight. Lots of examples like Schwartz and Maroon especially during the regular season, are easy to cite, I like to look at it a bit differently in that we’re all in this mess together. Thank goodness for games like tonight.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
Didn't get to watch tonight but just saw the highlights, gutty win. Lindell should be embarrassed, I thought he was supposed to be a top 10 defender?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Can you imagine Allen giving up that fourth goal? We’d be torching him.
It's Binnington's ability to comeback and shut it down immediately after allowing that goal is why I have total faith in him, and wont give him a hard time for softies or whatnot. Allen does that you know the games over because he completely melts down. That's why I don't roast Binny for allowing the 4th goal anyway.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He likes to hit and has comparable speed to Eddie and Gunny. He just needs to be careful in his pinches. Seems like he has a habit of pinching at the worst time.
I'd rather see Gunnarsson stay in than Del Zotto. I think he'd hurt The Blues on defence. He would help some on offence more than the other two, but not enough to make up for his defensive weaknesses. Yes, better to play Del Zotto than Edmundson. He's been totally worthless, and a big negative lately. He seems to be not even close to par, physically.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Glad for the win, but angry about the power play and the SHG. Wtf, will someone PLEASE do something about this pos PP?
Yes! It's unbelievable that they have this amount of offensive talent standing around and watching while the precious seconds tick off. I can't imagine a pee wee or midgets coach doing nothing when his players do that.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Absolutely agree. This board is insufferable when the Blues aren't completely dominating the play. I rarely even look at the GDTs during the game anymore. It's pathetic.
Same, but if I'm being honest it's more so I don't lump on. I'm tired of bitching on here, so I stay away and if we win I come in and talk to whoever's still here. Can't really give others a hard time about the doom & gloom when I'd be doing the same thing probably if I allowed myself to post here during the game lol. Now this is just for playoffs, during the regular season I don't get as crazy haha so I'll post.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Same, but if I'm being honest it's more so I don't lump on. I'm tired of *****ing on here, so I stay away and if we win I come in and talk to whoever's still here. Can't really give others a hard time about the doom & gloom when I'd be doing the same thing probably if I allowed myself to post here during the game lol. Now this is just for playoffs, during the regular season I don't get as crazy haha so I'll post.

I'm not a paid cheerleader. When I see crap play, I call it out. When I see good play, I call it out.

There's an ignore feature. I use it for some. It works. I'm sure others use it on me. There's something for everybody here.

Reactions: TheDizee

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Rough night for Esa Lindell. Embarrassing stuff on display there. Odds that Burke or Cherry say something regrettable on this topic in the next few days set at -1000.

Reactions: Punished ROR

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'm not a paid cheerleader. When I see crap play, I call it out. When I see good play, I call it out.

There's an ignore feature. I use it for some. It works. I'm sure others use it on me. There's something for everybody here.
I just don't like piling on unless it's someone like Allen who has been shit for so long, I can't stand seeing the headcase play anymore. Other than that the team has enough passionate Blues fans tearing them a new one on here, plus I'm at work so I don't want to break the seal letting the bad out. It might spill over into my attitude towards the guests, who are already hard to deal with while trying to watch a playoff Blues game lol.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Rough night for Esa Lindell. Embarrassing stuff on display there. Odds that Burke or Cherry say something regrettable on this topic in the next few days set at -1000.

It's possible with all the talk of Bort coming into this game and brining more physicality that the Stars coaching staff told their guys to antagonize Bort into a minor penalty. Too bad they didn't provide very good acting lessons.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
That was as close to our A game as you’ll see. Tough to play a strong 60 minutes in the 2nd round. That’s a great team over there. They’re here for a reason.

As for Lindell, that was just embarrassing. I’m glad he’s not on our team.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
What a game! Stressful at times, but got the job done! Great goal by Pat at the end a good PK in the last 40 secs! The PP is still my only complaint of the playoffs even going back to the WPG series, but we’re winning games so hey ho I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad