GDT: WCSF Game 3: Blues @ Stars | 7pm CT (NBCSN) | Road Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Oh you mean other fan bases freak out after a playoff loss irrationally? Weird. :sarcasm:
Yeah, I do love it when people question the Blues fandom for overreacting by saying things akin to, "Do other fanbases do this kind of stuff?"

Yes, as a matter of fact.

Jim ODonnell

Dec 20, 2018
Bishop and Lindell are getting walloped in the Stars forum.

I think they're both playing great.
I wouldn't say Bishop is playing great. He's been good at times but he's also been not-so-good.
He does not look great when the Blues play in deep below his line . . . when the puck comes out front he is often off his angle.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Lindell trying to draw a penalty on the GWG is my favorite moment of the playoffs. I can't imagine how he thought the officials were going to give him any benefit of the doubt after that embarrassing performance with Bortz. Given how lightly Maroon pushed him, that's a risky sell job even if you have a good reputation. He had zero chance of getting that call 2 hours after the refs gave him a diving penalty and had the chance to re-watch the video during intermission to make sure it was in fact a flop. That performance cost him the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the series, much less on a net front battle in the same game.

Watching that swan dive lead to the GWG against is far better than knowing he is either getting a warning or a fine from the NHL today.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Lindell trying to draw a penalty on the GWG is my favorite moment of the playoffs. I can't imagine how he thought the officials were going to give him any benefit of the doubt after that embarrassing performance with Bortz. Given how lightly Maroon pushed him, that's a risky sell job even if you have a good reputation.

Especially considering the officials are going to swallow their whistles in a tie game late into the 3rd or in OT in the playoffs.

It's going to take something pretty obvious to draw a whistle that late in the game. At least that is how it has been in this postseason in the other games I've seen.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I don't think anyone has said this in the playoffs yet. But I've been REALLY happy with the level JBo has taken his game to. He looks much more physical and engaged these playoffs. It's almost as if he's finally fully healthy.

Reactions: hullderko

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think anyone has said this in the playoffs yet. But I've been REALLY happy with the level JBo has taken his game to. He looks much more physical and engaged these playoffs. It's almost as if he's finally fully healthy.
He has 5 assists too. It's not that he's enhanced his offensive game, he's just more involved, and picking up points like he would earlier in his Blues career.

Reactions: Bluesman91

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
0993778E-68AE-4565-9470-DEC3A158AA54.jpeg

Shame he's a total fluke who could never possibly play against Ben
Bishop

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Lindell trying to draw a penalty on the GWG is my favorite moment of the playoffs. I can't imagine how he thought the officials were going to give him any benefit of the doubt after that embarrassing performance with Bortz. Given how lightly Maroon pushed him, that's a risky sell job even if you have a good reputation. He had zero chance of getting that call 2 hours after the refs gave him a diving penalty and had the chance to re-watch the video during intermission to make sure it was in fact a flop. That performance cost him the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the series, much less on a net front battle in the same game.

Watching that swan dive lead to the GWG against is far better than knowing he is either getting a warning or a fine from the NHL today.
Upon rewatching I wondered whether Lindell was lunging with his stuck trying to make a play on the puck before it curled around the net. If so, it was a pretty unorthodox move. But it sure didn't look like Maroon made much contact with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad