Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Dickinson - Hintz - Zuccarello
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau
Janmark - Dowling - Spezza

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Polak
Fedun - Lovejoy

Ben Bishop

After dropping game 2 at home, the Blues head out on the road where they are 3-0 so far this postseason:
giphy.gif

So hopefully we see a start like this:
tumblr_ocxxt0jpmB1vtnv5po1_500.gif

And less like what we've seen the past two games:
giphy.gif

Go Blues!
GentleWhiteFulmar-small.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-29_6-54-53.jpeg
    upload_2019-4-29_6-54-53.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 3

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Really wish they could sit Eddy and play Borts with Dunn at the very least. I'm hoping for a good game from Sunny today, he's looked a little lost on the second line this seies so I'm hoping he can turn it around. I hope ROR isn't playing injured and just needs to figure it out, we need him to step up if the Blues want to win.

LGB!

Reactions: Bendak

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Keys to the game:

1) Good start (January Blues show up at the start...not the November Blues)
2) Power play execution (if the Stars give us another 4 x PPs we better respond with 1-2 goals)

Reactions: Bendak and Brockon

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Do the blues seem to be playing better on the road because they don’t have the opportunity to dictate hard matchups? Perhaps a more freeing, 5 man unit type of play?

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Do the blues seem to be playing better on the road because they don’t have the opportunity to dictate hard matchups? Perhaps a more freeing, 5 man unit type of play?

I think they try to be too fancy at home and make the extra pass or look for the extra shot. On the road I think they play a more meat and potatoes game that is simplified.

Put pucks on net every chance you get and don't pass up an opportunity.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I think they try to be too fancy at home and make the extra pass or look for the extra shot. On the road I think they play a more meat and potatoes game that is simplified.

Put pucks on net every chance you get and don't pass up an opportunity.

Yep, and drive the play in the O zone. Keep possession longer. Our cycle and puck control is so good when it's on. That takes a lot of pressure off the defense when we can maintain possession in the O zone longer. Need to keep the inexperienced Stars D on their heels as much as possible.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So far Seguin and Radulov haven't come alive yet. I think Seguin gets rattled with physical play.
I think we need to find that out with a lot of their players. It had a negative impact in the Jets' series, but I feel like we need to be more physical with their younger players, especially Heiskanen and Klingberg. Both of those guys seem to get a bit rattled when we put pressure on them and make mistakes with the puck. I'd like to get them to the point where they start hearing footsteps.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
A little bit of line shuffle.

Bortz in for Edmundson.

I'm fine with these changes. I think it will do Dunn a world of good to get him back on the left and have an off-handed partner.

I like the forward lines, but I still think they need to keep 10 in the middle and 70 on the wing. Keep the same 3 guys together, but run it 57-10-70 instead of 10-70-57.

Reactions: Bendak and Brian39

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think we need to find that out with a lot of their players. It had a negative impact in the Jets' series, but I feel like we need to be more physical with their younger players, especially Heiskanen and Klingberg. Both of those guys seem to get a bit rattled when we put pressure on them and make mistakes with the puck. I'd like to get them to the point where they start hearing footsteps.
Yes, your right there is no way a 19 year old defenseman should have that much space to move. I know speed might be a factor but he was never really checked much throughout the game. Klingberg can get rattled and make bad passes at times. Also, stay on Hintz don't forget about him :eek:

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Yes, your right there is no way a 19 year old defenseman should have that much space to move. I know speed might be a factor but he was never really checked much throughout the game. Klingberg can get rattled and make bad passes at times. Also, stay on Hintz don't forget about him :eek:
I don't see Hintz getting too rattled by physicality, although he did take a pretty good hit late in Game 2 (but before he scored the ENG) where he struggled to get back to his bench without a stick. I wouldn't go out of my way to get physical with him but they definitely need to take away his space. The two D men might wilt under the pressure of a relentless, physical forecheck, so I'm all for hitting them every chance we get, especially in their zone. I think taking their transition game out of play, or at least out of sync, is one of the keys to the Blues coming back to STL up 3-1.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I also am on the fence about Jamie Benn. I can't figure out what his game is? He seems to be playing dirty more than he usually does.
That's his game. Always flirts that line of dirty and gamesmanship, I think he leans more gamesmanship though. Backes was like that with us.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I like Schenn in the middle. Not crazy with the top 6 changes. Wouldn't be surprised if Berube ends up readjusting the lines tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad