GDT: WCSF Game 3: Blues @ Stars | 7pm CT (NBCSN) | Road Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
That was as close to our A game as you’ll see. Tough to play a strong 60 minutes in the 2nd round. That’s a great team over there. They’re here for a reason.

As for Lindell, that was just embarrassing. I’m glad he’s not on our team.

Overall, I hope that’s not as close to our A game as were gonna see. If you’re referring to the way we came out in the third, then I’d be fine with that. The breakout and forecheck looked great and the passes were 100x better. However, I saw more lazy, puck-watching in our own zone tonight then I’d care to see in the entire playoffs. There were several points during the game where some people just would not skate.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Hey @bleedblue1223 remember at the start of the series when they were telling us how Lindell is a top 10 defender?

I think it’s time we gave credit where it’s due. That guy is definitely one of the top 10 divers in the league.

Klingberg? Outstanding.

Heiskanen? Damn near a prodigy considering his age.

Lindell? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL GTFO

Real solid defensive player who specializes in swan dives and that’s it.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
I thought the forecheck was great in the 2nd and 3rd period. It's just that when we have the chance to clear the zone, we have to get it done. Too many times we looked to make a play when it wasn't there.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The way this team is able to play in crunch time has been nothing short of incredible. Down in the third period in game 1 against Winnipeg - win. Tied going into the third period in game 2 - win. Down 2(!!) going into the third period in game 5 - (huge) win. Oushooting Winnipeg in game 6 something like 17-1 in the second period in a clinch game.

Just this series alone, the old Blues would have folded going into game 5 and they did time and time again. The fact that they were down in game 5 and came back to win in the third showed who this team really is.

They've scored a number of goals early in the third to start the period off right, even in their lost to the stars they scored in the first 2 minutes.

The fact that they've also gotten goals from so many different players also shows this isn't the same Blues team as in years past. I understand why people get nervous when the other team scores to tie or when the other team ties the series at 2 because I am the same way. I keep rememerbing all those Blues teams from the early 2010's, but this team just feels different. It feels like a winning team.

Let's not also forget, Bishop is prone to weak goals in the playoffs. He did it a lot in Tampa as well. I'm not saying the Blues will roll through Dallas or even think it's a guarantee because Dallas is a very good team but I do believe the winner of this series is going to the Finals.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
That was a HUUUUGE win. Game Four could put Dallas with their backs to the wall.

Let's Go Blues!!

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Wasn’t it Whitney and someone else who on a tryout base said they didn’t want to get released simply because our locker room was so close together? It’s been a few years but I also feel like there the ones who said the first thing you notice about tank are his tree trunk legs

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I really don't see what the commentators love so much more about the Stars, it's honestly sickening. I really hate the playoffs being on NBC networks only after the first round. It's seriously like we have to listen to Dallas Stars homers game in game out at the rink & in the studio.

Reactions: Punished ROR

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
ESPN+ has rights to replay games originally played exclusively on NBC networks? That's a game-changer, esp at that cost.
I'm watching the game right now on ESPN+, also if you like MMA it's a must as they do all UFC events now.

Reactions: sfvega

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
I really don't see what the commentators love so much more about the Stars, it's honestly sickening. I really hate the playoffs being on NBC networks only after the first round. It's seriously like we have to listen to Dallas Stars homers game in game out at the rink & in the studio.

I was thinking the same thing, glad I am not imagining things.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Wasn’t it Whitney and someone else who on a tryout base said they didn’t want to get released simply because our locker room was so close together? It’s been a few years but I also feel like there the ones who said the first thing you notice about tank are his tree trunk legs
Yes, he and Bissonette bring up their PTO experience in STL often on Spittin Chiclets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->