GDT: WCSF Game 1: Blues vs. Stars|8:30pm CT (NBCSN)| The Schwartz Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Can this team please win a game with more than a one goal lead.

Stars showed if BLUES get a lead going into the 3rd they give up a lot of scoring chances. Lots of room to improve for Saturday.

tenor.gif

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
I thought Dallas gave us way too much ice and we didn't take advantage as much as we should have.

Our defensive zone coverage needs to improve and if we fix that the Stars won't be able to put up much resistance.

A win is a win at this time of year. Let's do better Saturday in a dreaded afternoon contest.

Reactions: mk80 and shmotz

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Roenick is such a ****boi. We won a series no one thought we'd win. Vegas had us winning.....ALOT of writers/personalities had the Blues winning
Yeah I heard that too. Maybe he’s senile and confused them with the Blue Jackets? That statement would be true about the Jackets. Pretty much nobody had them beating Tampa.

Reactions: Dbrownss and m1a2lt

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
We didn't play our best and came out on top. 1-0 is all that matters.

Hopefully the rust is shaken off and we can weather their counter-attack on Saturday.

And can I just say: Oh thank you Lord for the gift that is Jordan Binnington. I mean seriously, where the hell did he come from? Completely amazing what he's doing.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Roenick is such a ****boi. We won a series no one thought we'd win. Vegas had us winning.....ALOT of writers/personalities had the Blues winning

Boomer Gordon said we'd win. The rest of the NHL XM crew disagreed. We did. He said Nashville would not have a powerplay goal in the playoffs. He was laughed at. They didn't. He said we will grind Dallas and take it in game seven. I'm believing the Boomer.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I didn't get to watch most of the game, so I don't know how good or bad Binnington's rebound control was tonight, but the difference between him and Jake is that Binny actually has good positioning and can be in the right area to make a safe, much like he did tonight. Allen never had positioning and would always get beat in the most ridiculous spots. I actually thought Binny kept the Blues in the game after watching the replays, but the offense did what they needed to do. I agree we need to see more out of ROR, but as long as he isn't getting scored on, he's doing his job. He's basically our 3rd defenseman on the ice, and I give him tons of credit for stopping plays and being great defensively. As long as someone is scoring, it doesn't really matter.

Anywho, the whole point I wanted to make (or ask), is: was Binny's rebound control that bad.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Well...we won playing a C+ / B- game

Which is nice, but I wouldn’t bet on our C+ / B- game to carry us through. We saw two periods of our A+ game in Game 6. That is something I would feel confident in vs anyone. Just tired of them letting teams back in it because they don’t want to play a full 60 if they hav3 a lead.

Reactions: mk80

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
We didn’t play a great game and will need to play better, but it is nice to finally be a team that can win playoff games without playing a nearly perfect game. This doesn’t feel like the “defense them to death and hope we score” Hitchcock years.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Which is nice, but I wouldn’t bet on our C+ / B- game to carry us through. We saw two periods of our A+ game in Game 6. That is something I would feel confident in vs anyone. Just tired of them letting teams back in it because they don’t want to play a full 60 if they hav3 a lead.
The prevent defense and ice every puck approach will eventually burn us.

Reactions: mk80

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Is Dallas...not scaring anyone else here?

Bishop looked shaky, and their big names weren't there.

I expect them to make a push, but we can beat them.
It's going to be a tough, tough, tough, close, close, close, nail-bitingly close series. The winner will come out with the victory because they played harder and wanted it more on one play. Both teams will deserve to be proud of how they played when this is over. I just hope The Blues will be the team that plays one more play better than the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad