GDT: WCSF Game 1: Blues vs. Stars|8:30pm CT (NBCSN)| The Schwartz Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Boomer Gordon said we'd win. The rest of the NHL XM crew disagreed. We did. He said Nashville would not have a powerplay goal in the playoffs. He was laughed at. They didn't. He said we will grind Dallas and take it in game seven. I'm believing the Boomer.
There were couple others I thought from the XM crew. I know Barnaby was a tool about it.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We didn’t play a great game and will need to play better, but it is nice to finally be a team that can win playoff games without playing a nearly perfect game. This doesn’t feel like the “defense them to death and hope we score” Hitchcock years.
I agree. The way Berube and Robinson have them playing since January is a much more well-rounded game than Hitchcok's defence first game. The Blues' offence generated off the possession-dominating forecheck is a potent 3 goals per game offence, certainly adequate to be among the upper echelon of The NHL when combined with an excellent defence and excellent goaltending.

Reactions: Celtic Note

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I said it in another post about the 2nd period,

If tonight is our worst game of the series, I like our chances. I agree tonight was a C+ effort and we were able to hang on and get the win. I'm expecting with some video sessions and practice tomorrow, the team will bring their A game Saturday!

Also hope tonight's goal ignites Fabbri!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
a win is a win. have to find different ways to win some nights, sign of a good team.

lets be better for G2 and really take it to them. I thought benn, seguin and radulov were invisible tonight so props to the D for controlling them. spezza was their best skater. Bishop got outplayed by Binny and that was the difference. also nice to see 91 score 5on5

Lets go Blues!!

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
There were couple others I thought from the XM crew. I know Barnaby was a tool about it.

I'm brainfarting right now but who is Boomer's partner? He is such a sycophant but called the series in six for the Blues. I like his call better but in Boomer I trust.

By the way, on Stellick and Simmer call in, I'm Andy in Virginia. And can't believe they didn't like my idea of tying a suspension to a player instead of a team.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
a win is a win. have to find different ways to win some nights, sign of a good team.

lets be better for G2 and really take it to them. I thought benn, seguin and radulov were invisible tonight so props to the D for controlling them. spezza was their best skater. Bishop got outplayed by Binny and that was the difference. also nice to see 91 score 5on5

Lets go Blues!!
BOTH teams will play significantly better the whole rest of this series. This was a "feel out game", with both teams seeing how the other is playing, to see how they can best take advantage of the other's weaknesses in using those tactics. The key will be for The Blues to get up ice quickly, and get the puck and two follow-up players into the offensive zone safely and quickly, and keep possession, to get some good chances in before The Stars' defence can set up and clog the middle. If The Blues can keep The Stars playing on their heels, they'll score some early goals, and tire them out, at the same time. Where The Blues got into trouble was getting lazy and giving up possession of the puck several times when they could have held on and pushed their own offence, keeping The Stars off balance, and getting scoring chances, and missing a goal or two that might have changed the complexion of the game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm brainfarting right now but who is Boomer's partner? He is such a sycophant but called the series in six for the Blues. I like his call better but in Boomer I trust.

By the way, on Stellick and Simmer call in, I'm Andy in Virginia. And can't believe they didn't like my idea of tying a suspension to a player instead of a team.
I can't think of his name right now but he didnt pick the Blues in the Jets series. He's actually easy to engage with on Twitter

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
I can't think of his name right now but he didnt pick the Blues in the Jets series. He's actually easy to engage with on Twitter

Sorry, should have been clearer. He called Jets in the last round but called the Blues in six in this series. Man, now I need to do some homework at 1AM to figure out this guy!

Reactions: Dbrownss

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Need RoR and Schenn to show up
That just shows how deep The Blues are in impact players when Sundqvist and Perron unexpectedly become difference-makers, and Schwartz and Fabbri come back from nowhere to join them, and Tarasenko comes to life. With Tampa and some of the other heavily-favoured teams with a lot of young, skilled, highly-touted players, already out of The playoffs, The Blues probably are the team remaining with the most potential difference-makers.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
The outlet passes were wide open compared to Winnipeg. If that's the best Dallas forechecking and Blues don't play down like its the regular season I like our chances.

Bishop winced stepping off the ice after being pulled for the extra man. I want to see a duel of 2 healthy goalies but I think Ben is struggling w an injury. you either got it groin on or you ain't got it groin on.

Reactions: Arioch and mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
For the most part, I thought we did a great job of limiting the Seguin - Benn - Radulov line tonight. I think using home ice to our advantage this series and getting the right line matches will be important to containing them and winning this series. They will certainly use their last change at home to get a mismatch against us.

Reactions: shmotz

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
The outlet passes were wide open compared to Winnipeg. If that's the best Dallas forechecking and Blues don't play down like its the regular season I like our chances.

Bishop winced stepping off the ice after being pulled for the extra man. I want to see a duel of 2 healthy goalies but I think Ben is struggling w an injury. you either got it groin on or you ain't got it groin on.

Have to disagree with you here.
If Bish is playing hurt I really hope that Dallas is dumb enough to keep running him out there. It will be a very short series if their goalie can't cover the bottom of the net.

We still have 11 more games to win.
Take any advantage you can get.

Reactions: Arioch and mk80

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I'm not looking past the Stars but if we happen to get past them then I hope to God Colorado beats San Jose as I don't like our chances against the Sharks.

Reactions: Sushiko

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Blues fans I see that Fabbri got a goal tonight which should do wonders for his confidence....is he looking better each game? I see he isnt' getting a lot of ice time yet.

Reactions: shmotz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->