GDT: WCSF Game 1: Blues vs. Stars|8:30pm CT (NBCSN)| The Schwartz Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Roenick is such a ****boi. We won a series no one thought we'd win. Vegas had us winning.....ALOT of writers/personalities had the Blues winning

I watched JR literally pick the Blues on national television before the Jets series during one of his "Laine is terrible" rants. He's a clown.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Yikes, the main board GDT! :( It was so nice talking to Jets fans. I don't think I really want to participate. I think I will be staying close to home (i.e., here) this series.

Don't feel bad about Texans bothering you (treat them like a troll and don't feed them), I tend to give them a wide birth when they speed through my town. Please stop and get your gas and move on. The Texans that stay here to live though, great nice, non-hockey fans.

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
I don't really care if there was intent to blow or not, or if the whistle blew a microsecond before it went in or a microsecond after. That should have been a goal. The puck was loose the entire time. I would be livid if the Blues had a play like that called no-goal

Yeah, just hope it stays consistent and if the same scenario plays out with the roles reversed, it's the same call. The Blues already got burned a couple times with that intent to blow BS.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'm fine with them allowing the second Stars goal, the puck was never covered. The fault there is Binnington flopping like a starfish, he really needs to clean up his rebounds because it's giving a lot of second opportunities for the Stars.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'm fine with them allowing the second Stars goal, the puck was never covered. The fault there is Binnington flopping like a starfish, he really needs to clean up his rebounds because it's giving a lot of second opportunities for the Stars.
That move is standard operating procedure when the puck is under you but don't know where it is. The puck looked to be deflected on the initial shot as well, I don't think Binny ever had a clear attempt to cover it.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Wow the advanced numbers for Game 1 show Dallas dominated us. That 3rd period was brutal.

Very concerning showing for us considering our 4 day rest compared to 2 days for Dallas. We have got to be a lot better going forward. Can't expect Bishop's 5 hole to be wide open all series long.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That move is standard operating procedure when the puck is under you but don't know where it is. The puck looked to be deflected on the initial shot as well, I don't think Binny ever had a clear attempt to cover it.
Yeah, at that point, it is his teammates' job to get the puck back under him and get the whistle. When the goalie goes down in that position, the last thing you want to do is give any opportunity for the play to continue.

While I agree that it should have been a goal, but only because the referee should not have blown it dead. But he did. The fact that the referee clearly blows the play dead before the puck is off of Benn's stick makes me wonder what the justification is for reversing his action. The timing of that sequence means he intended to blow it before the puck ever gets to Benn, which would lead you to believe he lost sight of the puck. It is pretty common, maybe less so in the playoffs, for a goal to be waived off because the referee blew his whistle after losing sight of the puck, and I can't ever remembering seeing such an action reversed to allow a goal.

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
Yikes, the main board GDT! :( It was so nice talking to Jets fans. I don't think I really want to participate. I think I will be staying close to home (i.e., here) this series.

Yea I was getting annoyed reading that as well. Disappointing since I’ve been living in Dallas for a while and like it here. Some of their fan base is pretty annoying and noticed it at the games I went to as well.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The puck wasn't under him, it went off his pad and popped right out. He was falling over right after he made the save. Maybe he lost his balance, but if he stays in the butterfly position he has a much better chance of stopping the rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad