WCSF: BOA! Oilers vs. Flames | Oilers lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You can be a homer about it as much as you want, but the better teams aren’t always the ones that advance. Leafs are a better team top to bottom than both the teams in this series.

**** off. Let’s talk about the teams still playing.

Leafs will get their banner raising moment later on:

handshake_banner-jpg.547400

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The Oilers deserve some credit as well for their team speed. They are one of the best skating teams in the NHL.

One of the few teams that can keep pace with the Avs in terms of playing at tempo.

Both still have work to do. One game at a time.
Reminds me of the 2019 series against the Avs, they just can’t keep up with the speed.

Reactions: Mez and snipes

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This series sort of feels like the 2010 Cup final where the teams weren’t necessarily playing badly but the goaltenders were

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Can someone gif Zadorov talking shit to the Oilers bench after the Mike Smith gaffe? Hilarious karma

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Reminds me of the 2019 series against the Avs, they just can’t keep up with the speed.

The Flames D really struggle against the Oilers speed and aggression on the forecheck. Plenty of times they would just lose the foot race to loose pucks on the chip and chase.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Gotta love all the haters on here talking crap about Calgary and Edmonton while their own team is out playing golf.

Good job to the Oilers. I expected them to win, but if they do it in five, it'd be crazy.
I'll never understand this line of reasoning.

Should I preface every critical comment with "I humbly acknowledge the Sabres missed the playoffs yet again, but"?

Both teams, goalies if you prefer, were laughably bad tonight. The fortunes of "my" team are irrelevant.

Reactions: Wretched Oil

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Is McLeod the most eye-testy player ever? Guy can fly, has a puck on a string and doesn’t effect the game very much.

I think he can one day be Hyman-lite tbh

Reactions: GreeningOil

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I can't see this Series going beyond 5. Calgary reminds me of Toronto West, they just don't have that "it" factor where they fold quickly upon facing adversity.

• Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'll never understand this line of reasoning.

Should I preface every critical comment with "I humbly acknowledge the Sabres missed the playoffs yet again, but"?

Both teams were laughably bad tonight. The fortunes of "my" team are irrelevant.
BEND THY KNEE TO THY UPPER-HOUSE IN THE SECOND ROUND YE MERE FAN OF A PEASANT FRANCHISE :laugh:

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
It's over. At least we won a round this year, that's a nice change, and hopefully something to build off of next season. A healthy Tanev from the start might have made a big difference, missing him was rough

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You can be a homer about it as much as you want, but the better teams aren’t always the ones that advance. Leafs are a better team top to bottom than both the teams in this series.
Arent there threads in the NHL sub forum for teams not in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad