WCSF: BOA! Oilers vs. Flames | Oilers lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scliff

Nov 28, 2009
I think him throwing his hands up was more like wtf, I didnt see it.
Yeah, that was barely above the helmets and then in front of a couple of super dark jerseys. He had no idea how it got there. Would be interesting to see a smith pov of that to see how difficult it would be to pick out the puck.

Reactions: Me9999999999

Bond

May 10, 2012
I feel like Calgary takes the series if they managed to pull off the comeback after that gaffe. Still far from over, but that was some roller coaster of a 3rd.
Yup. Oilers gifted the Flames momentum and then Sutter decides to put the 4th line and bottom pairing with 4 to go. Mind bottling. See yah next year, no way the Flames come back from this. Giving me Colorado PTSD. Markstorm might as well been replaced by Elliot tonight

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I feel like Calgary takes the series if they managed to pull off the comeback after that gaffe. Still far from over, but that was some roller coaster of a 3rd.
Yeah, they had momentum after that weird goal but RNH just did something for once... Actually twice tonight!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
CGY I think wins game 5 for sure. Just feels like a case where they're not laying a 5th egg in a row. It'll probably be their best game of the series and then they'll lose game 6 like 2-1 or 3-1

Reactions: Chinaski89

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022
As a Oilers fan I think it is better that game wasn't a blowout and the Flames tied it up just to knife them in the guy with 3.5 minutes left then watch them take a 4 minute penalty so even if they tie it up Oil still on PP for rest of game and some of OT.

I was hard as a rock.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
GG Flams. Was a good game. Markstrom seems to have single handedly sunk the team, Oilers own his soul.

Honestly that was such a bad goal by Smith, give all the momentum away, but the Flames found a way to choke it off before OT, unreal. Lmao never thought I'd see a goal from 200 feet scored and the goalie it scored on, not be the worst in the game.

giphy.gif

All the Oilers need it seems...

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I enjoyed watching the Leafs get tossed in round 1, but the Leafs are a significantly better hockey team than both the Oilers and Flames.
I didn't know significantly better meant getting eliminated in the first round, as much as I have the Flames, at least they are not as embarrassing of an organization as Toronto

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
The Flames did a good job of bottling up "One man team" McDavid and still lost. That doesn't bode well for them.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I didn't know significantly better meant getting eliminated in the first round, as much as I have the Flames, at least they are not as embarrassing of an organization as Toronto
You can be a homer about it as much as you want, but the better teams aren’t always the ones that advance. Leafs are a better team top to bottom than both the teams in this series.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
He's definitely head to toe with McDavid.

most VALUABLE to their team, and both of those players top that over a stacked roster.
Oh yes, I do understand what it's about. This is not my first turnip roast.
I would understand it going to McDavid though. The Oilers would truly be lost without him. I think that realization plays a big part in voter sentiment.
Edit: Even though I am NYR since I was 7 years old, and Shesterkin is a cold blooded killer between the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad