WCSF: BOA! Oilers vs. Flames | Oilers lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Will also say, I thought both coaches were bad tonight. Oilers take a fluke tripping penalty and get scored on and Woodcroft responds by putting his 4th line out, who then also get scored on.

Meanwhile it's a tie game with a few minutes to go and Sutter has Lucic on the ice.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Possibly, I guess the difference between this series and the St Louis series is that Colorado has two chances at home to close out the series while Edmonton only has one.
Only hope for Calgary now is to win the home game and hope to steal one in Edmonton and who knows what happens in game 7.
CGY had the best road record in the league during the RS, winning these two games at home was massive and is also a pretty big outlier for the Flames. EDM having two road games is actually a bonus as far as results in the season go.

I like dancing on the corpse of Markstrom as much as anyone, but the reality is that it ain't over until you line up to shake hands. Oilers need to stay sharp.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Flames would have won this game if Markstrom didn't crap the bed in the first 20 seconds. That pretty much set the tone for this game.
They should’ve won the game after Smith gift wrapped the tying goal. No one to blame but themselves if you can’t capitalize on a gimme like that.

Reactions: North Cole

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Markstrom made 3-4 grade A saves to start the 2nd and a few more in the 3rd. As bad as he was to start he was the better goalie the last 40 minutes.

Reactions: SecretOilersFan

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Flames would have won this game if Markstrom didn't crap the bed in the first 20 seconds. That pretty much set the tone for this game.

Smith gave up a goal from inside the Flames own zone.

Markstrom actually made some massive saves in the early 2nd and then had that huge save on Draisaitl before the Smith goal against.

Reactions: soothsayer

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
They should’ve won the game after Smith gift wrapped the tying goal. No one to blame but themselves if you can’t capitalize on a gimme like that.
I never saw any of Calgary's 3 goals. I was busy on my laptop, it was 3-0, then I looked up and suddenly it was 3-2. Later, I ran to the washroom, came out and it was 3-3.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I never saw any of Calgary's 3 goals. I was busy on my laptop, it was 3-0, then I looked up and suddenly it was 3-2. Later, I ran to the washroom, came out and it was 3-3.
Comedy of errors.

Hyman takes an unlucky penalty and the guy who takes his spot on the PK can't get the puck out twice.
Following shift Woodcroft puts his 4th line on the ice for no discernible reason and they immediately f*** it up.
Then the Flames get one from their own zone.

Flames played well but every goal they got was fortunate.

Reactions: ORRFForever

kwichang

Apr 30, 2022
Me too! I figured it was bad luck for Oilers when I step away so I stayed glued to the TV until the end of game. Its' fun when you can help influence the outcome like that ;)

Reactions: ORRFForever

Jesus Is Lord

Jan 13, 2019
You said they were the two best players in last 30 years.

Did you mean two of the best 15 or so players in the last 30 years?

1992-present:

Lemieux
Lidstrom
Hasek
Roy
Bourque
Gretzky
Jagr
Crosby
Ovechkin
Chelios
Pronger
Kariya
Brodeur
Malkin
Datsyuk

There's more...
Didn't realise I was replying to someone who looks at stats instead of watching the games. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad