WCSF: BOA! Oilers vs. Flames | Oilers lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I will say as another round of post-game stuff rolls in... the Flames are spending a lot of time and energy trying to discredit everybody not named McDavid, both on and off the ice. Zadorov, Andersson, Tkachuk... too much ego happening there.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Both goalies with absolute gifts, so it kind of evened out in that regards. That 2nd Flames goal by Backlund was butter soft too. I thought Markstrom played quite well in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I was way more confident that he'd make a big save when the game was all square at 3.

Also Andersson talks way too much for someone who hasn't been relevant in a good way in this series. Not sure what it is but he and Nurse like to chirp and both have been terrible.

Reactions: zar

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022
Gaudreau has been BRUTAL for the past 2 games

does he normally hang out at center ice and force his d-men to make harlem globetrotter passes to him?

Like he has the puck and does like 20 button hooks, and small little cutbacks, but they dont lead to much if anything at all
Yeppers that is him in a nutshell, sits at Blueline or center and waits for a pass.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
We would have won the series if Smith didn’t shit the bed in game 1. Amirite.

HUR DUR DUR

LOL

you-got-it-dude-full-house.gif

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I make one comment comparing these teams to the Leafs, and now there are literal pages of shrill posts bashing Leafs fans. Is there an inferiority complex thing going on here err…? It was one comment and I’m not even a Leafs fan. I don’t even like the Leafs. I thought the fact that the Leafs played a very strong series against the Bolts in comparison to the atrocity that has been these series, despite the Leafs being ousted and this being round 2, was interesting. And I didn’t think how bad these teams were playing was particularly controversial. It’s been goaltending and defense taking turns imploding on both sides, peppered with offensive onslaughts taking advantage of said imploding defense and goaltending. I keep finding myself thinking “I can’t believe how much the Flames defense reminds me of the Wings.” And every single player on both sides that I’ve been assured is a good defensive player has been average. The statistics say hockey success is predicated the least on talent/skill and the most on luck (of the big 5), and I think the bracket is indicative of that.

…But I guess now that I type all that out, I can see how it wouldn’t be received well.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
I'll never understand this line of reasoning.

Should I preface every critical comment with "I humbly acknowledge the Sabres missed the playoffs yet again, but"?

Both teams, goalies if you prefer, were laughably bad tonight. The fortunes of "my" team are irrelevant.
These are the same people that puff their chest out when their team wins like they had something to do with it

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad