WCSF: BOA! Oilers vs. Flames | Oilers lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
The Flames did a good job of bottling up "One man team" McDavid and still lost. That doesn't bode well for them.
It really doesn't help that Markstrom apparently decided that he wanted to go home as soon as possible. Worst series of games I have seen him play

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What's terrifying about the Oilers to me is that you could create an absolute dynasty with this core if you played your cards right. Get a reliable defense and goalie behind that top-6 and I'd argue that team would be unbeatable in a playoff series.

Reactions: silverdude97

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Flames got their stroke of luck with that tying goal, only to give it right back. Oilers win game 5 in a blowout 6-2

Reactions: Kennedys

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
What's terrifying about the Oilers to me is that you could create an absolute dynasty with this core if you played your cards right. Get a reliable defense and goalie behind that top-6 and I'd argue that team would be unbeatable in a playoff series.
They do have a goalie, his name is Mike Smith.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
You can be a homer about it as much as you want, but the better teams aren’t always the ones that advance. Leafs are a better team top to bottom than both the teams in this series.
Maybe on paper, doesn't mean they would beat them in a seven game series. Unfortunately we will never know.

Reactions: Chrysalis99

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Smitty with a terrible goal against
Nurse zero IQ
Keith useless and old

Still able to booty slap the Flames

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Oilers beat the Flames like a bongo drum in the 80s, and they're doing it now. Some things never change.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This Calgary team is way too slow for today’s game.

The Oilers deserve some credit as well for their team speed. They are one of the best skating teams in the NHL.

One of the few teams that can keep pace with the Avs in terms of playing at tempo.

Both still have work to do. One game at a time.

Reactions: Kennedys

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I wonder what the over unders will be in a Colorado Edmonton series. Might be 7.5 or 8 for some games.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You can be a homer about it as much as you want, but the better teams aren’t always the ones that advance. Leafs are a better team top to bottom than both the teams in this series.
"Top to bottom" isn't the expression I would use, given that the Oilers' top players are much better than the Leafs' top players.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What a disappointing series IMO, didn’t live up to the hype at all. Hopefully Calgary at least wins game 5 to make it somewhat of a series.

Reactions: Ray Mercer

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Remind me again how Toronto did their previous two seasons... Besides Tampa apparently in the handshake, nobody has respect for that franchise until it gets some series wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad