Pre-Game Talk: WCQG | Game 6 | Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues - Aug 21 - 6:45PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Reminder that we were all told that we need Sutter over Gaudette because we can trust Sutter and need him for his leadership late in games.

.. Sutter had one shift in the last fifteen minutes lol

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Reminder that we were all told that we need Sutter over Gaudette because we can trust Sutter and need him for his leadership late in games.

That whole line is being treated like the 4th line now if last game is anything to go by.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Does he post anywhere but the Management thread anymore? I was hoping to see him in some of these GDT's or PGT's giving his thoughts and celebrating wins... But I don't really think 'celebrating' is his vibe.
He has been missing in action lately which is too bad because I’d like to get his thoughts on the games so far

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
For game six, Canucks need to get that pp firing on all cylinders. Make them pay if the Blues keep taking penalties with high hits, elbows and wood-chopper slashes.

Yeah...need to capitalize on the PP next game. I have a feeling Jake will do something nice on the 2nd unit in Game 6.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020

Didn’t think Green had it in him. He shortened the bench hard last night.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Didn’t think Green had it in him. He shortened the bench hard last night.
He's always had it in him. He usually made the wrong choices.

The canucks put on a masterclass in the first 15-17 minutes of the third period 5 on 5.

We have second change.. we better take advantage of it.

HockeyNightInAsia

Mar 22, 2020
Nucks future is bright, and we should be all-in for this post-season, but IMHO we shouldn't put too much pressure into next 1 or 2 seasons. This serves as a good experience for our young core to know where to get better, a good yardstick whether to keep or get rid of some fringe players, and look at a roster with more balance and less cap waste 2-3 years down the road when Podkolzin comes in and Hoglander is further developed.

Edler should be no problem, hope Toffoli gets better and goes in for Gaudette, we could use more roster flexibility especially when Berube will surely be making some adjustments.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He's always had it in him. He usually made the wrong choices.

The canucks put on a masterclass in the first 15-17 minutes of the third period 5 on 5.

We have second change.. we better take advantage of it.

The first 15 minutes of the 3rd was the best stretch of hockey the Canucks have played in this series. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
@Zombotron Can you believe this shit this year? How awesome has this run been! Man we have been here a long time, alongside @Mr. Canucklehead @Baby Pettersson @PG Canuck This is awesome!

Man even you @y2kcanucks This is great!

I am so hyped.

It took us almost a decade to get back to where we are now. Man those were lean years...from Torts, Zach Dalpe, Willy D, Yanick Weber days, the rise and fall of Ben Hutton, Derek Dorsett, handsome and expensive pylon Gudbradson, Linden Vey the pet, dropping 3 spots in draft days, Chaput the fourth liner, Markus ******** Granlund, Pizza boy (Sbisa) and risotto boy (Del Zotto), Tank Commander days, Derek “fake hughes” Pouliot, Sam “barf” GAGner, the Septic tank... the list goes on.

If this was a war movie it’s like describing the horrors we’ve seen. We’ve been through a lot boys and I’m glad we’re back to where we are now. Feels good, feels damn good.

If you really look back the the crap that we had to go through to get here, I really hope this is the team that wins it all, I don’t want to go through that decade again.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
okay where is the boeser from the minniosta series. like seriously he needs to wake up and shoot more.! besides the little things hes doing in the defensive side.the offensive side he's been invisible. where is his "laser" shot from 3 years ago?

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It took us almost a decade to get back to where we are now. Man those were lean years...from Torts, Zach Dalpe, Willy D, Yanick Weber days, the rise and fall of Ben Hutton, Derek Dorsett, handsome and expensive pylon Gudbradson, Linden Vey the pet, dropping 3 spots in draft days, Chaput the fourth liner, Markus ******** Granlund, Pizza boy (Sbisa) and risotto boy (Del Zotto), Tank Commander days, Derek “fake hughes” Pouliot, Sam “barf” GAGner, the Septic tank... the list goes on.

If this was a war movie it’s like describing the horrors we’ve seen. We’ve been through a lot boys and I’m glad we’re back to where we are now. Feels good, feels damn good.

If you really look back the the crap that we had to go through to get here, I really hope this is the team that wins it all, I don’t want to go through that decade again.

Lmao, Zach f***ing Dalpe, I forgot about that guy. The hype attempts because of how bare our prospect pool is/was is painful to remember.

Reactions: Grub and Zombotron

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Lmao, Zach f***ing Dalpe, I forgot about that guy. The hype attempts because of how bare our prospect pool is/was is painful to remember.

Random - I remember we lost a game to Dallas something like 7-1 or 7-2. Dalpe scored a goal. I made some smart ass tweet saying “awesome, I had him in my fantasy pool...said no one ever”.

And Dalpe liked the Tweet. :laugh:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

I think many of us have grown on how we follow prospects. It's not like WOW THIS GUY SCORED More than PPG in the WHL or some crap like that, it's either you make it or you don't. You're either good when your young or you're not (As proven by Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, etc.).

To many time wasted on following the likes of the Gendur's, Shinkaruk, Cassels, Rodin's, Schroeder's, even Hodgsons to know that prospects rarely make it.

Anyways on to this game. I am hoping that Hughes and Pettersson can take over this game and win it for the team. Hope the guys come out there ready to battle, the wild animal is down, now it's time to finish it and not get gored in the process.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

lawrence

May 19, 2012
okay where is the boeser from the minniosta series.

he's shut down. Other players have to recognize this and step things up. It's not about one player, its a team effort. this is also were teamates have to say "we got your back bro" the bottom line grinders.

Boeser himself also needs to rise to this type of occasion. this is how legends are made. He will have to fight tooth and nail to do his best to help his team win.

Reactions: David71

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Most of my stress about this series has gone away and I think it's because I view 3 Ws against the defending champions as a win in and of itself

This is what the rational side of our brain is saying, it's a defense mechanism for us to avoid the disappointment and horror of losing this series while 2 and up... but deep down if you just look deeeeeep down.... no one is saying 3 W's against the defending champion is a win, your brain is saying **** that I want it all, I want the entire cake. I'm not going to wait another year to get another playoff series.

Miracles do happen in the playoffs... why not make it a Canucks miracle. :gift::santa:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
What you really have to hope is that the Blues have somehow started to injure themselves by hitting the Canucks so hard. It's got be tough on your body to constantly be smashing the other guy right through the boards. Imagine that rope-a-dope? One where you tire the other guy out by letting him actually punch your face all night? I love this team. Nothing scares them. Nothing makes them call it quits. Even the big bad Blues dishing out their worst looks to be falling on deaf ears.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Most of my stress about this series has gone away and I think it's because I view 3 Ws against the defending champions as a win in and of itself

as much win as the Bruins had against the Blues last season.

Miracles do happen in the playoffs... why not make it a Canucks miracle.

upsets can happen. this time is the Isles beating the Capitals in 5 games. wow, Habs beating the Penguins in 4 too is also impressive.

ultimate test for the boys. they will be ready.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Not sure if anyone brought it up but maybe the best reason why St. Louis was a better opponent for us than Dallas. Watching Calgary blow it against Dallas if we can't finish the fans and the young core are still going to feel much prouder doing what they did against the reigning champs than a good but unremarkable team like Dallas.

Reactions: Indiana

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
as much win as the Bruins had against the Blues last season.

upsets can happen. this time is the Isles beating the Capitals in 5 games. wow, Habs beating the Penguins in 4 too is also impressive.

ultimate test for the boys. they will be ready.

Hopefully by tomorrow your quote will be "this time is the Isles beating the Capitals in 5 games. wow, Habs beating the Penguins in 4 too is also impressive. Canucks beating the reigning champs in 6 games"

Reactions: lawrence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad