WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
We need playoff Granlund to be regular season Granlund. Also, Koivu and Poms having a good playoffs so far. Who would've thunk. Good to see.

His goal scoring improved a bit in the last 20 games of the season.. Hope he keeps it up.

Apex96

Apr 5, 2016
Minnesota
I hope to hear at least one Prince song at the X Sunday. "Let's go crazy" would be appropriate.

A ton of the games yesterday played Prince in their Arenas, baseball teams also played some of his music. Dallas even did so last night, You could hear 1999 in the background at one point. But we better hear a lot of Prince in the X. I can still hear helicopters zooming over my house on the way to Paisley Park (I live fairly close to it (don't stalk me)).

Off topic: Did anyone see the Minnesota Twins tribute? It looked sweet!

MNhockey19

Jul 10, 2011
Minnesota
Ryan Suter is +5 and Scandella is a -7 this series. I didn't really think Scandella had been that bad but I feel like he just hasn't been out there when the wild score. Irregardless, I've been really impressed with Brodin and Spurgeon this series as well; and if the Wild want to trade 1 of those 3 for a center then I'd trade Scandella.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Truthfully this team has played better and with more heart than I thought they would.

These guys are playing like they don't need Parise or Vanek (we know they would benefit from Parise), and they are playing pretty well.

Remember, we happen to be playing about the best offensive teams in the NHL. Yes they are missing Seguin.

We may not get so ravaged against other teams. How many shots/scoring chances did they have yesterday? They (Dallas) controlled a lot of the play last night. We capitalized on our chances. We played well.

I think we will transfer that energy back at home tomorrow and we will pull out a big W.

You have to think this team will have out of control energy with our crowd tomorrow. I wish I was back home for these playoffs. Not many people in Seattle care about hockey.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Ryan Suter is +5 and Scandella is a -7 this series. I didn't really think Scandella had been that bad but I feel like he just hasn't been out there when the wild score. Irregardless, I've been really impressed with Brodin and Spurgeon this series as well; and if the Wild want to trade 1 of those 3 for a center then I'd trade Scandella.
In Scandella's defense, he is playing with Prosser. That just makes things go from bad to worse.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A ton of the games yesterday played Prince in their Arenas, baseball teams also played some of his music. Dallas even did so last night, You could hear 1999 in the background at one point. But we better hear a lot of Prince in the X. I can still hear helicopters zooming over my house on the way to Paisley Park (I live fairly close to it (don't stalk me)).

Off topic: Did anyone see the Minnesota Twins tribute? It looked sweet!

Wild should do a Purple Night and have the team come on the ice to Let's Go Crazy.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
after gm 1 the wild have really given their best effort. i believe dallas has more talent but the wild are giving their all. fridays game is why i luv hockey. im glad the wild made the playoffs just to play in that game. GO WILD!

Apex96

Apr 5, 2016
Minnesota
Tomorrow's gonna be huge.

The Wild should win this series for Prince. I know he was all about Basketball but that man LOVED Minnesota. It was so cool to see him riding around town on his purple bike. He seemed like an average joe around here. People rarely bothered him.

LGW.

I hope they do something amazing for Prince and we get to see it.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
should play tons of prince songs, but it's mn sports so course they'll wuss out and just play garbage

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Garbage is from Wisconsin, so they better not play them.
lol, gobbage

i hate that we've all realized hwo fun and cool the dallsa people are.....they're promoted to young people.... whereas our hockey is promoted to grandmas........I mean, the grandmas have loved hockey their whole lives, and had kids like that love hockey, but the Wild need to step up their presentation and persona of their games (playoffs separate cuz i dont know about them)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm scared as hell, that's what hope does.
Here are some important quotes on hope.

"No matter what kind of difficult situation one may find oneself in, some opening, some opportunity to fight one’s way out, can always be found. What’s most important is to hold fast to hope, to face the future with courage."

"When we limit ourselves with low expectations, the growth of the tree of happiness ceases. The power of growth, of improvement, the power to overcome all stagnation and break through every obstacle and transform a barren wasteland into a verdant field—that unstoppable power of hope resides right within your own heart."

"Hope transforms pessimism into optimism. Hope is invincible. Hope changes everything. It changes winter into summer, darkness into dawn, descent into ascent, barrenness into creativity, agony into joy. Hope is the sun. It is light. It is passion. It is the fundamental force for life’s blossoming."

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Here are some important quotes on hope.

"No matter what kind of difficult situation one may find oneself in, some opening, some opportunity to fight one’s way out, can always be found. What’s most important is to hold fast to hope, to face the future with courage."

"When we limit ourselves with low expectations, the growth of the tree of happiness ceases. The power of growth, of improvement, the power to overcome all stagnation and break through every obstacle and transform a barren wasteland into a verdant field—that unstoppable power of hope resides right within your own heart."

"Hope transforms pessimism into optimism. Hope is invincible. Hope changes everything. It changes winter into summer, darkness into dawn, descent into ascent, barrenness into creativity, agony into joy. Hope is the sun. It is light. It is passion. It is the fundamental force for life’s blossoming."

Hahaa, yes.

Here are some quotes from one of my favorite movie. Kind of resemble us, fans.. and our conversations here sometimes.

Welsh: "In this world a man himself is nothing. And there ain't no world but this one."
Witt: "You're wrong there, Top. I seen another world. Sometimes I think it was just my imagination."
Welsh: "Well, then you've seen things I never will. We're living in a world that's blown itself to hell as fast as everybody can arrange it. In a situation like that all a man can do is shut his eyes and let nothing touch him."

Storm: "I look at that boy dying, I don't feel nothing. I don't care about nothing anymore."
Welsh: "Sounds like bliss."

Welsh: "You still believing in the beautiful light, are you? How do you do that? You're a magician to me."
Witt: "I still see a spark in you."

Ok, you got me. :cheers:
****, it's just pain.

LET'S GO WILD!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad