Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Principle point of contact on the Nurse hit wasn't the numbers, it was the shoulder. Petersson turning away from the hit is why he went into the boards so hard. Even the Canuck homer Bieksa called that. McDavid's accidental high-stick on Hughes was no worse than the high stick on Hyman that was ignored earlier that same game.

But yeah, the broken neck stuff is weird. That's not true either.
Please show where Petey turns away from the hit. I've seen it ten times and this nonsense keeps being reiterated. The angle in which Nurse comes in is always going to propel a player into the boards from where he was throwing that hit. Initial contact wasn't all numbers, but the follow through the body was all numbers because of the angle he went after Pettersson.

We act as if Petey turned last second. He doesn't turn at all. The contact propels him into the boards with Nurse having zero effort to avoid numbers as he throws all of his weight through them.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It should have certainly been a double minor. But not sure anyone can say it was egregious. He was leaning into a turn and (stupidly) didn't maintain awareness of his stick.

The crosscheck to the face however was a conscious and deliberate decision.
I actually don’t think Soucy meant that to happen but Zadarov hit McDavid first.
In any event I’m prepared for a suspension.
It’s McDavid. The league will treat it differently than other players.

Reactions: Double Dion

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
This was what he responded to:

“You guys hitting four or five goal posts tonight…you generated the chances. How much of that is bearing down, or how much of that is just good goaltending, or luck?”

Answer: “Well, post is not good goaltending, umm but, yeah we can certainly do a better job of bearing down, and like I said, capitalizing on our looks.”

He’s responding to the idiot reporters describing posts being hit as good goaltending, not a slight on Silovs at all.

I'd view posts as 'luck' in the way that it was phrased in the question, but to-may-to, to-mah-to.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hoglander isn't McDavid. McDavid is the player you can't touch. The league is becoming more and more like the NBA.
The NHL has been like this for 50 years. They protect the star players. You know the players who put asses in seats

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I actually don’t think Soucy meant that to happen but Zadarov hit McDavid first.
In any event I’m prepared for a suspension.
It’s McDavid. The league will treat it differently than other players.

Isn't that what people wanted for years.....even before McDavid....was to protect its star players?

And now we complain about it?

Reactions: Porkleaker

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
You are supposed to be in control of your stick at all times, no? People get punished all the time in the NHL for things they didn't "mean" to do.
He was in control of his stick. It's the same reason why when hits to the head aren't called suspensions when the player dips down last second and head contact is made. They punish stick usage when it's being wildly used. He intended to crosscheck the chest, his aim was directed towards the chest and unfortunately McDavid was forced downwards by Zadorov.

Had Soucy dropped down randomly before McDavid threw his crosscheck should McDavid get suspended?

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
No he wouldn't.

He wasn't suspended or even penalized for either of these.

My favorite part about that compilation is that it's like 5 events over about 8-9 years attempting to paint him dirty LOL. And you know the Calgary fan who put that together combed every single game.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Isn't that what people wanted for years.....even before McDavid....was to protect its star players?

And now we complain about it?
Protect all the stars not just the generational guys. The Oilers have taken liberties with Hughes on dirty plays and he’s the likely Norris winner and one of the most exciting players in the league.

Reactions: BillPrep

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
The hearing isn’t for the player you’re describing. To me that’s the weird part in this. Zadorov had way more impact on that situation than Soucy. It makes little sense.
I agree. Soucy was engaged in a scrum with McDavid. If not for Zadarov's extra there is no hearing for Soucy because his crosscheck would have been a "typical" scrum crosscheck instead of being to the face

snag

Feb 22, 2014
He was in control of his stick. It's the same reason why when hits to the head aren't called suspensions when the player dips down last second and head contact is made. They punish stick usage when it's being wildly used. He intended to crosscheck the chest, his aim was directed towards the chest and unfortunately McDavid was forced downwards by Zadorov.

Had Soucy dropped down randomly before McDavid threw his crosscheck should McDavid get suspended?

Wildly used? That is just a tad bit disengenuous. We see multiple times a game where it isn't wildly used.....it is a "shit happens" type of thing.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
My favorite part about that compilation is that it's like 5 events over about 8-9 years attempting to paint him dirty LOL. And you know the Calgary fan who put that together combed every single game.
That's not even scratching the surface. McDavid uses his stick as a weapon more than any player in league history outside of Fleury.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Immediately as in when? Game was over and there was a scrum.
Warning means jack all in this situation. Dress Carrick or whoever and get a 5000 fine or suspension at the end of game 4 while taking out a Nuck or 2.

No point going after Zadorov... it will need to be a Miller or Lindholm
Good luck with that! Lol. Miller and Lindholm are not going to be intimidated. These guys have been two way physical beasts all series.
Miller plays against your top line. If any of those guys targets him the Canucks will take the 5 minute power play and the Oilers down a star player.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Soucy, you silly goose. You're supposed to spear them in the nuts or sucker punch them in the face if you want to avoid a suspension.

Canucklehead94

Jul 5, 2012
theralist.ca
Immediately as in when? Game was over and there was a scrum.
Warning means jack all in this situation. Dress Carrick or whoever and get a 5000 fine or suspension at the end of game 4 while taking out a Nuck or 2.

No point going after Zadorov... it will need to be a Miller or Lindholm
Yes, go after Miller. Whoever does will get the same treatment Jarmark did last game.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad